Aerosmith Contract Ending Soon? What's Next For Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

GothMickey

Original Poster
July 29, 1999, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster opened in Disney-MGM Studios, thrilling fans of roller coasters and Aerosmith. The coaster features popular Aerosmith songs onboard audio.

Well, July 29, 2009 is coming quick. My understanding was Aerosmith signed a 10 year contract to have their image, name, and songs used in the ride. This date would signify the end of the contract.

Other sites have started posing rumored replacements. One rumor, and we have said this before joking, is that Disney will be replacing Aerosmith instead of extending the contract. The replacements? Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers. Personally, as much as I can see Disney doing something like this, I also don't think they will rebrand a coaster with these two acts since most of Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers fans aren't old enough or tall enough to ride.

I have a possible replacement of my own. The studio you are entering is called G-Force Records. Well, Disney's next hopefull franchise is G-Force, due in theaters July 24, 2009, about specially trained guinea pigs who try to stop the bad guy from taking over the world. Other than the music studio overlay, G Force is already present throughout the attraction queue.

Basically:
1) Is the contract with Aerosmith really set to expire?
2) If so, how fast will Aerosmith be removed from the attraction?
3) Who or what will Disney replace Aerosmith with?
4) Who or what would you like to see replace Aerosmith?
5) Do you think a G Force overlay would make sense, with a complete rebranding of Rock N Roller Coaster?

The_CEO

I would place all my poker chips on Aerosmith renewing their contract..

It would be cheaper for Disney to pay them a lump sum for the next 5 - 10 years then to re due the overall theme.

Ragetti

RnR kicks total rear. IMO, it would be a huge mistake to rebrand it.... then again, I really like Aerosmith. It's a hard-driving ride and it would need some hard-driving music to really sell it. IMO, it has to be a REAL rock band, and not a Disney flavor of the year manufactured pop sensation. Don't get me wrong, some of the flavor of the year bands are decent... I'm shelling out some bucks to take my daughter to the Miley Cyrus concert... but to have real "Rock-n-Roll credibility, it needs to be an established "been there, done that" band. Aerosmith has the perfect mix of serious rock cred and fun IMO.

stitch2008

July 29, 1999, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster opened in Disney-MGM Studios, thrilling fans of roller coasters and Aerosmith. The coaster features popular Aerosmith songs onboard audio.

Well, July 29, 2009 is coming quick. My understanding was Aerosmith signed a 10 year contract to have their image, name, and songs used in the ride. This date would signify the end of the contract.

Other sites have started posing rumored replacements. One rumor, and we have said this before joking, is that Disney will be replacing Aerosmith instead of extending the contract. The replacements? Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers. Personally, as much as I can see Disney doing something like this, I also don't think they will rebrand a coaster with these two acts since most of Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers fans aren't old enough or tall enough to ride.

I have a possible replacement of my own. The studio you are entering is called G-Force Records. Well, Disney's next hopefull franchise is G-Force, due in theaters July 24, 2009, about specially trained guinea pigs who try to stop the bad guy from taking over the world. Other than the music studio overlay, G Force is already present throughout the attraction queue.

Basically:
5) Do you think a G Force overlay would make sense, with a complete rebranding of Rock N Roller Coaster?

I think I read about this on these boards. I think someone said that unless Disney or Aerosmith had an objection, the contract would automaticly renew.

As for a G Force overlay, I dont think it would work.

IHeartArt

Dear god, none of that G Force stuff, please. That's akin to asking if someone can make Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Experience. : X

NewfieFan

Basically:

That is so true! Some of them are not even old enough to ride Goofy's Barnstormer! :hammer:

RSoxNo1

Initially I was under the impression that G-Force would be on par with Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Disney however is pitching this movie as a franchise, and apparently the ending of the movie is wide open for a G-Force 2.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
G-Force looks awful. Not to mention its target audience isn't tall enough to ride that thing.
Recently, Disney movies seem to be too geared towards young kids, as opposed to families. Pixar, however, is darn near PERFECT at the balancing act of making it a "family movie" as opposed to a "kids movie."
Sorry, I got a bit off track.
And no, I'm not suggesting that we put more Pixar characters in the park, so don't even start with that crap.

Jasonflz

G-Force looks awful. Not to mention its target audience isn't tall enough to ride that thing.
Recently, Disney movies seem to be too geared towards young kids, as opposed to families. Pixar, however, is darn near PERFECT at the balancing act of making it a "family movie" as opposed to a "kids movie."
Sorry, I got a bit off track.
And no, I'm not suggesting that we put more Pixar characters in the park, so don't even start with that crap.

:lol: Agreed. I at least hope Up gets an attraction considering it is a great film alone.

the-reason14

I think they would just extend the contract. But imo, itd be cool to make it like the Universal roller coaster opening up where you can pick your own style and person/group/band to listen to. That would be copying, so I doubt they'd do it. BUt the Uni coaster sounds better than Rockin Roller coaster already because of that.

jt04

I favor a retheme to the early classics of rock-n-roll and the creation of a 1950's section of DHS that would incorporate the coaster, ToT and extend the area to create a new land. A new Prime Time Cafe could be moved there along with some 1950's-esque Disney attractions. Maybe even the Roger Rabbit dark ride which would fit the area perfectly, especially if Disney/Spielberg do a sequel! :)

LiveyMouse22

I really think it would be smart of Disney to have Aerosmith's contract renewed. Like you said, as much as I could see Disney starring Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers I doubt that would happen because of most of their fans not even reaching the height requirement and probably not being fans of intense rollercoasters like RnRC. Also I heard that Miley Cyrus is no longer going to be pursuing her role as Hannah Montana so it would be basically like basing a ride around a character that will no longer be shown on TV or be releasing any albums. I love RnRC starring AEROSMITH and really hope they renew their contract. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom