Aerosmith Contract Ending Soon? What's Next For Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

disneysroyal411

I think The Who would work and I'm not even a fan.

The more I think about, if they aren't gonna go retro 1950's, Aerosmith is their best bet.

Baba O'riley by The Who might work but I doubt it, and I have a question or two.

1. Do you like the Beatles?

2. What music do you like?
and
3. What do you have against Queen/ What did they do to you/ Why don't you like them?

Mikester71

I really hope they keep Aerosmith. But if they were to change it, I don't know how the whole 1950's malt shop, rebellious teen, young love would fit for a ride like that. Don't get me wrong, the 50's were my favorite decade of music, but it does need to be harder rock than that. Maybe the Stones would be great. I don't know, but I get to go see Aerosmith in concert in August, so this is a biased response...ha ha

Me too! And I am taking my 13 year old son to see them in Detroit in September and we both CAN'T WAIT!!! His 1st time seeing them and my 2nd. One of THE best bands I have ever saw live, and I've seen ALOT of bands!

wedenterprises

The question to ask is not "What/who is your favorite band?" The question to ask is "what music sounds the best on a 0-60 mph launched inverted roller coaster in the dark designed to rock and roll you?

Other than Aerosmith (the perfect choice for the music and also for the garage theme and basically every which way) the clear answer is, in fact, Queen.

If you're not a fan of Queen, you have to at least listen to them pumped on a stereo and appreciate that they do rock.

The Who would also be an excellent choice, as a lot of their songs are fun and have great beats, but Queen has a wider selection of great songs imo.

With that being said, if they change Aerosmith out, I'll be very sad and not since Horizons will I mourn a perfect ride. Do the right thing, sign Aerosmith.

epcotfreak1224

Who ever mentioned Led Zepplin was just brilliant. They are arguably the best band ever! They are a classic group with so many recognisable songs that have the perfect sound for a coaster like RNR. I can just imagine riding along to "Rock'N'Roll" or "Communication Breakdown".
Also, though the Beatles and the Who are great bands, I just don't see them fitting. The Beatles are my favorite band, but the only song from them I can see fitting a 60 mph ride is Helter Skelter

IWant2GoNow

I think retro classic early rock (pre-elvis) in a 1950's section works. It's fun and everyone knows the music.

Also it would allow DHS and DCA to cover themes based in every decade of Hollywood's "Golden Age". The 20's and 30"s at DCA and the 40's, 50's at DHS.

They could always just theme it to Elvis. Can you imagine all of the black light illuminated cutouts of Stitch in Elvis garb? :ROFLOL: If that ride didn't come with :hurl: bags no ride should. Haha.

GothMickey

Original Poster
Who ever mentioned Led Zepplin was just brilliant. They are arguably the best band ever! They are a classic group with so many recognisable songs that have the perfect sound for a coaster like RNR. I can just imagine riding along to "Rock'N'Roll" or "Communication Breakdown".
Also, though the Beatles and the Who are great bands, I just don't see them fitting. The Beatles are my favorite band, but the only song from them I can see fitting a 60 mph ride is Helter Skelter

Led Zepplin has or had a roller coaster in Hard Rock Theme Park in South Carolina, I believe.

dreamfinder

The question to ask is not "What/who is your favorite band?" The question to ask is "what music sounds the best on a 0-60 mph launched inverted roller coaster in the dark designed to rock and roll you?

Other than Aerosmith (the perfect choice for the music and also for the garage theme and basically every which way) the clear answer is, in fact, Queen.

If you're not a fan of Queen, you have to at least listen to them pumped on a stereo and appreciate that they do rock.

Imagine rocking out to Bohemian Rhapsody on RnRC? Would be interesting to say the least. As long as they pass out little paper cups on the ride it would all be ok. "If yer gonna hurl, hurl into this....."

bam: STEEEL PANNNTHERRRR!

61Bix3Yc2XL.jpg

The chick on the right is pretty hot... :lookaroun

Animaniac93-98

Ugh, not this topic again. It pops up all the time, and then the responses are:

- OMG, this means they are going to change it to Hannah Montana!!
- Am I the only one who doesn't like Aerosmith?
- I think *band that would not fit at all* would be a perfect replacement!
- I would rather have a fictional band / what does Rock 'n' Roll have to do with Hollywood anyway? (a lot...)

And the obvious answer is they're most likely going to renew the contract. Its easier for Disney to do this than to retheme the ride, and why would Aerosmith object to renewing?

Why could this not have been post #2?

Oh yea, it's far to logical.

Fun2BFree

Just have whatever new band record the video in the que.

Queen, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Who, KISS... bands like that.

How would Disney get the Beatles to record the queue's video? Would they exhume Lennon and Harrison, or would there be suitable doppelgangers? :lookaroun

As jt04 mentioned, I would like to see a 1950s theme. The limousines already look corvette-esque, and the songs are already timeless, so they don't risk being forgotten. Retro is cool, and Disney would be wise to capitalise on that. However, Aerosmith aren't in risk of being foisted from the attraction, so it's all merely pie-in-the-sky armchair imagineering.

jt04

How would Disney get the Beatles to record the queue's video? Would they exhume Lennon and Harrison, or would there be suitable doppelgangers? :lookaroun

As jt04 mentioned, I would like to see a 1950s theme. The limousines already look corvette-esque, and the songs are already timeless, so they don't risk being forgotten. Retro is cool, and Disney would be wise to capitalise on that. However, Aerosmith aren't in risk of being foisted from the attraction, so it's all merely pie-in-the-sky armchair imagineering.

So was Luxo at one time. :zipit::lol:

Seriously though, a 1950's land at DHS does have a certain symmetry to it. And a roger rabbit sequel is possible.......so maybe someday.

Philharmagicman

If they don't renew their contract and they're gonna redo it with anyone, make it QUEEN!! They're on the Hollywood label, which is owned by Disney, so if they could do it, I would be able to go on it every day of my life!

jt04

Oustanding!
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I don't have a problem with Queen's music or talent, I used to enjoy there music. It's just rare that I find music that I don't tire of over time. It's just a personal opinion. The Doors were my favorite band, now I can't even listen to them. Can't explain it.

I still vote for 50's original rock and rockabilly set in 1950's-land.

GothMickey

Original Poster
If they don't renew their contract and they're gonna redo it with anyone, make it QUEEN!! They're on the Hollywood label, which is owned by Disney, so if they could do it, I would be able to go on it every day of my life!

You know, Queen may be a possibility. Rumors are all over the internet that Queen may be giving American Idol runner up Adam Lambert a shot to be their lead singer. If so, don't you think Disney would LOVE to use that as a cross promotion for RNRC and AIE? Their marketing team is probably drooling, their lawyers already writing the contracts.

jt04

You know, Queen may be a possibility. Rumors are all over the internet that Queen may be giving American Idol runner up Adam Lambert a shot to be their lead singer. If so, don't you think Disney would LOVE to use that as a cross promotion for RNRC and AIE? Their marketing team is probably drooling, their lawyers already writing the contracts.

I was thinking the same thing. It does make sense from that angle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom