Aerosmith Contract Ending Soon? What's Next For Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

Tom Morrow

Why does everyone assume Aerosmith is the decider. I'm pretty sure it would be Disney's decision first. And nobody has mentioned Led Zepplin as a possible replacement. The Who might work too. Uni has the right idea. Let people pick their own soundtrack.
I didn't say it was Aerosmith's decision. I said it was Disney's decision to renew the contract, and its very unlikely that Aerosmith would turn down the offer to renew it.

Mimi

OK... I've seen it a few times in this thread and I must say: LOVE the Beatles, would HATE them for this ride! That's just a bad idea.

Bad.

I have to agree with the logical folk today; Aerosmith will more than likely renew. But if they couldn't, the new perfect new band would be a no-brainer. I mean, who wouldn't choose Metallica??? Imagine Master of Puppets on that ride; that would be awesome!! :sohappy:

MUTZIE77

But if they couldn't, the new perfect new band would be a no-brainer. I mean, who wouldn't choose Metallica??? Imagine Master of Puppets on that ride; that would be awesome!! :sohappy:

Holy Crap! just rode the ride in my head with Master of Puppets playing. AWESOME idea!!! Only if Aerosmith is insane and doesnt reup.

As for Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers rumors, I wouldn't even ever think about riding that ride EVER again, until a suitable replacement was found.

tomman710

if they couldn't, the new perfect new band would be a no-brainer. I mean, who wouldn't choose Metallica??? Imagine Master of Puppets on that ride; that would be awesome!! :sohappy:

Yikes. I hope you are joking ... the only thing more awful than Areosmith would be Metallica ...

I personally hope they don't re-up and Disney can go after their first choice again of the Rolling Stones or try Led Zep or go a different direction.

Personally I think Areosmith detracts from the ride's "coolness" ...

palmickey420

the biggest problem i see is that the coaster is that the ride is synced with the music... why do u think the make you sit there and wait...its not just to build anticipation

patsfan24

Yikes. I hope you are joking ... the only thing more awful than Areosmith would be Metallica ...

I personally hope they don't re-up and Disney can go after their first choice again of the Rolling Stones or try Led Zep or go a different direction.

Personally I think Areosmith detracts from the ride's "coolness" ...

The problem I see with a Zeppelin coaster is that there is already a Led Zeppelin themed coaster at the hard rock park in myrtle beach. I don't know if Hard Rock holds an exclusivity contract or not, but if they do, it wouldn't be up for a while, seeing as the park is only a year or so old.

Tom Morrow

the biggest problem i see is that the coaster is that the ride is synced with the music... why do u think the make you sit there and wait...its not just to build anticipation
Well, you sit there and wait... for the launch mechanism to come back and hook on to your train, and for the previous train to clear the next block section.

By "synced" they mean that certain parts of the song will play as you pass certain parts of the track/scenery. This could easilly be done with any band... the coaster track was not actually created to go with Aerosmith songs.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
:sohappy:
I totally agree. Never owned an Aerosmith cd before the ride.

I read somewhere that G-Force's studio was from the 30s (?) and that Aerosmith was recording there.
Yep. The execs used to hold their parties in the HTH until one night in 1939.

fosse76

Here is how I understand it. I'm not an expert on the music business. The actual recordings are copyrighted. But after so many years they can be recorded and sold by new artists who don't have to pay a royalty to use the song. I understand congress is being lobbied to change the law.

Some of rock's original songs are timeless and known by everyone. For example Chubby Checker's The Twist, or BHatC's Rock Around the Clock (the Happy Days theme song). I think rockabilly songs would be fun and would fit the ride especially if it was part of a 1950's land. I'm not sure Aerosmith music will stand the test of time as the classics have from the birth of rock n roll.

Plus I want a Roger Rabbit dark ride to be added to DHS.

Copyright law applies to everything equally, including music. The second you write something down it is automatically protected by copyright...proving it may be an entirely different matter. The way the law works is that any INDIVIDUAL work (i.e., not work done for hire) is protected for the rest of that individuals life + 50 years (it may have been changed to longer, I'm not sure). A work for hire (i.e., if I was hired by Disney to write a song, they own the copyright unless I specifically negotiated a retainer of ownership and merely license it to them), is good for a flat number of years. I am not sure if it is 75 years or more...but it used to only be 50 until some heavy lobbying by Disney and the music industry.

I personally don't see how 50s music would match the thrills of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. They are not complimentary. And 50s music is only relevant to people who grew up listening to it. Other than the few hits that are still used in the mainstream, most people of my generation and younger won't know what they are listening to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom