Advice/Warnings/Tips regarding POP

moonspinner

Calling all POP people! Have you any tips or suggestions or (Heaven forbid) warnings regarding staying at POP?

I have figured out that we most likely need some kind of white noise machine or a fan (we would probably use anyway, as we tend to sleep with the ceiling fans on and are used to some kind of constant noise).

I'm also prepared for POP to be busy as our visit falls during the free dining promotion (or at least as mentally prepared as I can be for such a thing).

What else do you think I should be aware of and/or prepared for?

Disney seems to provide SO many wonderful resorts and we so wanted to try CB or, I think the other was FQ (I was so digging the beaches and laid back atmosphere at CB... DH was digging the other resort :)).

Circumstances being what they are, we felt like our best bet was to go with a value. I'm REALLY hoping DH enjoys himself so much that this will only be the first of many trips and we will have the opportunity to try some other resorts in the future. Afraid he's not much of a amusement park person, so I'm hoping the 'magic' makes all the difference!

Thanks in advance for all the great advice and suggestions!! :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Three words...Tie Dye Cheesecake.

You now know everything you need to know about Pop Century.:D

I have stayed all over Pop Century and have never had a bad room. You can always request one close to the food court, buses , parking, etc depending on your wants and needs. I would highly recommend checking out the shadow boxes full of nostalgia in the lobby and have a stroll around the grounds and read all of the little factoid signs scattering around the resort (pictured below).

timeline.jpg

4155180278_dc49b60361.jpg

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Definitely take time to enjoy the memorabilia and all the larger-than-life icons all over the property. Go up to the 3rd floor of the Big Wheel building and look down at it. I think the weight limit is cool!

Like Richard said, Tie Dye Cheesecake!

If you are interested in Pop culture or reminiscing, you'll get a kick out of it. That's what I love most about POP!

Our personal favorite building to be in is the 80s. We're children of the 80s so it's an obvious choice but it's also an easy walk across a parking lot from the bus stops to the building. :animwink:

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0
We love POP. If you're doing the free dining be sure to get one of the yummy sundaes for one (or several like us...lol) of your snack credits. So many toppings and so yummy.

We also love their pizza.

& we love the 50's section. We really like the bowling pin shaped pool.

Have fun. I'm sure you'll like it. :)

Upvote 0

jato4x4

It's my favorite value resort. The atmosphere and detail is great. Plus they have a sandwich called the Beef & Bleu which is probably the best sandwich on property.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We are getting ready for our second stay at POP come August! Definitely my favorite value resort. Like Kelly and Richard said the tie dye cheesecake is a MUST and my DS loves the breakfast pizza they have there!

We requested a room in the 50's or 70's for this upcoming stay. We stayed in the 70's before and loved it quiet location and just a short walk to Classic hall and the buses.

Hippy Dippy Pool is so much fun. They have these flower sprayers (think shower) that spray in the pool. My DS thought that was great! There is also a Goofy water squirt area right near the 70's section. Fun little water area for kids to play in.

One thing I will say, but I think this holds true for any resort you are staying at. The lines at park closing are LONG!!! Linger around a bit to avoid waiting in line at the bus stop. Oh and be prepared to walk... I think the POP stops at ALL the parks are seriously the furthest away from the entrance, with the exception of DHS!

I think you are going to have a blast! I sure can't wait for our POP stay to get here!

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

Calling all POP people! Have you any tips or suggestions or (Heaven forbid) warnings regarding staying at POP?

I have figured out that we most likely need some kind of white noise machine or a fan (we would probably use anyway, as we tend to sleep with the ceiling fans on and are used to some kind of constant noise).

Well here are some bad news, at least from your POV, not from mine. Of course there are no fans at the Pop, because it is a value and the AC in the Pop was by far the most silent in all hotels I visited during my last stay and that includes the Poly (a jet engine in comparison) and the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach (terrible since the major refurb, never will stay there again).

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Pop is my favorite value. Aside from what everyone else already mentioned, make sure you try the Asian Chicken Salad. Delicious!

Also, if you don't want a long walk, try to avoid being in the 90's building.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

I've stayed at Pop 3 times and I am going back for my 4th visit in October. I love it! I have stayed at all 4 of the values and Pop is my favorite. I love the shadowboxes in the lobby as well as the milestone signs around the walk way. I also prefer the food court to the other 3 values as well. We usually stay in a Moderate resort, but we're bringing first timers with us and we feel that Pop will totally immerse them in Disney, which is what they wanted, especially with their two year old. I've never had a problem there with anything - cleanliness, CM, food or buses. Everything has always been great.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

LOve LOVe LOVE it.. We booked Music but are going to change back to POP the kids have never stayed there and to us it yells speaks shouts Disney no matter what the cost is. I always take a fan for noise even though we were on the 3rd floor we never heard a thing, no running, nothing. As with the other values they are quite the higher up you go.. You will love it. the seating area is really big and yes, great place to take first timers.

Upvote 0

Mukta

The only things I wish someone had told me was that the toiletries are slightly different than the other levels of hotel. Bring your own lotion and hair conditioner, because they don't have either.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Yes, they do, we got new ones every day even if we had not used the ones from the day before. Every day there were new bottle and also you can buy other brands in the gift shop and they are not that expensive and will not hold you up in the airports.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

These are rooms that are average for most hotel rooms like Clarions etc. Besides why do people need huge rooms to be out in the park all day and or at the pool. I just do not get it, paying for about 3-4 feet more at a price of 100-300 per night more to have huge rooms. This isn't a put down but has been said a few times and it makes no sense to many of us why you need a big room to pay for park hours.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

LOVE Pop...our home away from home!!!! Have stayed there for all 4 of our trips and am hoping to stay there again in the not so distant future. Love all the pop culture references!!! We prefer the 50's section facing the bowling pin pool, although you can't really go wrong in any of the sections. The bus service is pretty good and the cafeteria is HUGE!!!

Have fun and enjoy everything POP!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

durangojim

As a family who usually only stays at deluxes, we love pop! I think it's better than the mods we've stayed at, and have nothing to complain about. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

StitchMom84

Going in August for two days before we transfer over to POFQ. Taking Grandma who has trouble walking ( injuries from an accident years ago that has left her in terrible pain - qualifies medically for an ECV, but won't use one "as long as she can still stand upright"), suggestions for which bldg to request ( I know they don't guarantee) would be greatly appreciated. the days we're there will probably be spent at the resort, eating at the food court, shopping onsite and at the pool. Are you allowed to use any of the pools on that property no matter which building you're in?
Thanks for the advice and guidance!

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Yes you can use only the ones you are staying at like all 3 at POP etc or the PORFQ but not hop at pools other than those you are registered at. So no AKL etc.Your mom is like mine will not use if she doesnt have to.

Upvote 0

Jerry68

We love POP it is are favorite value, it has one of the best food courts. Make sure you take time to explore the resort and all of the icons.
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom