Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

stevehousse

How long before reservations open do you need to comb over a menu? It only takes me five minutes to vet a new menu....
Because as much as I love all the restaurants in wdw, most have somewhat limiting menu items, and I don't want to eat somewhere if they won't have something I like. Most of the restaurants average 4-7 entrees at the most. So seeing a menu ahead of time surely makes the decisions easier in planning, especially a new place that sounds like it will have some exotic type food. I have picky eaters in my family I need to look out for!

wogwog

Is been said it will be more exotic than other menus.
The cuisine has been described as "World Famous Jungle Cuisine", and will feature dishes inspired by the flavors of Africa, Asia and South America. Vague I know but this is from an acquaintance who will be working at the Cantina. This is how it was described to him.

Like most new things at WDW the opening has been pushed back. Don't know to what date as I am local but only suffer the MK once or twice a year with tourist visitors due to the horrid crowding. So I have no immediate interest. But he his says the decor he has seen is really in depth.

Dad 2 M & M

I'm hoping to get to see this joint on one of our trips in Dec....either the week of Dec 7th or the latter part of the week of the 14th....keep checking, but no ADRs as of yet!!

PorterRedkey

I am at WDW Jan 3 - 9, so I hope it is open by that time. My wife is really excited about dining there. Is it true the opening has been pushed back?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Dec. 1. At first glance, this photo looks like the one I posted in November. However, there are at least two new items: (1) a British flag is on the flagpole, and (2) a new, smaller sign is below the Skipper Canteen sign. The new sign says "World Famous Jungle Cuisine."

IMG_6945.JPG

Kman101

Just for reference sake, Orlando Theme Park News is reporting the cast member preview and they alluded to a soft opening afterwards. I'm sure it's likely as they want it open but I wouldn't go there expecting it to be open for you next week. Sounds likely but we know that soft openings aren't a guarantee.

I can't wait to see pictures of the inside because I'm sure it's going to be a very long time before I set foot inside.

DisneyFans4Life

We are there on the 13th for MVMCP...maybe they'll be doing walk ups for lunch. Looks like the pictures provided were taken from the Robinson Treehouse?

boufa

Its funny where the leaks are in Disney and where they are not. Amazingly, they are more tight lipped than it would seem.

The 2 biggest things that I am interested in right now are Skipper Canteen Menu and the Toy Story 3rd track status.. and no one knows anything about either of them. Both may be about the same way through their development. Wierd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom