Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

mitchk

I had asked this before, but I know we don't have any specifics on the menu, but do you think they may do a Be Our Guest type of thing and offer alcohol there?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Nov. 17. Front entrance and sign for the "Skipper Canteen."

IMG_6821.JPG

Another new sign on the building to the left of the entrance to the Skipper Canteen.

IMG_6820.JPG

Update photo on the restroom construction at the back of the Skipper Canteen. Note the "gap" in the construction scrim on the right. A close up appears below this photo.

IMG_6819.JPG

In the "gap" in the construction scrim, you can see the white painted gingerbread trim on the building.

IMG_6818.JPG

prfctlyximprct

Photo update as of Tuesday, Nov. 17. Front entrance and sign for the "Skipper Canteen."

View attachment 119594

Another new sign on the building to the left of the entrance to the Skipper Canteen.

View attachment 119595

Update photo on the restroom construction at the back of the Skipper Canteen. Note the "gap" in the construction scrim on the right. A close up appears below this photo.

View attachment 119596

In the "gap" in the construction scrim, you can see the white painted gingerbread trim on the building.

View attachment 119597

It's official! :) :)

dreamfinder912

That was a long answer to my post. I stand by my points. Your argument about not over drinking, and not wanting children in the same environment makes no sense. If you are not over drinking, then why ban children. You cannot counter that thought. If alcohol is being drank at reasonable levels then why ban children... at a childrens park!

My comment about another place to ban children, is in the insane idea of a 5th gate based on an adults only villains or nighttime theme park. They had pleasure island, and it failed, move on.

Now I jump off the road... (admittedly) I don't understand paying many thousands of dollars to go somewhere to pay a premium for alcohol you can get at home. A hang over at WDW seems like one of the dumbest things that can ever happen. Epcot during food and wine, may be the worst experience in a theme park, anywhere. Drunks roaming the world showcase is so far away from "what walt wanted". We make such a big deal about Frozen in Epcot ruing the ideal of the park... but the drinking around the world crowd and the food and wine crowds are soooo much worse than the idea of Frozen in Norway. I have been to F&W several times, over the last few years, and have reached the point of no longer going back for it. It may be a minority of the guests, but it is such a loud obnoxious minority that they ruin it for everyone. People wearing "drink around the world" t-shirts whooping and hollering their way along, like a frat initiation week party. Do anything like that in another park... heck no. Maybe I'm an old fuddy, but if you can't enjoy a day in the parks without alcohol then you may want to re-examine your priorities. Having a beer or a wine, should not define the success or a failure of every experience in one's life. Alcohol has a place, but does that place have to be everywhere?

Disney isn't just for kids or just for adults. It was meant to be for both. And what the MK especially is sorely lacking is a place for adults to relax. Adults who want to enjoy Disney as well but without as many screaming children. Adults who have moved out of the nest but have not or do not want to populate their own. Magic Kingdom is not a children's park, Epcot is not an adult's park. They're just Disney parks. If they can have play grounds with age restrictions for the little ones, no reason they can't have them for the grown ups too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom