Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

bhg469

Thank you Disney for picking up the slack! Open all of the closed restaurant locations. Much needed.
I can not wait to eat in this location. And please keep it adventureland themed. Great news.

Next Tomorrowland Noodle Station permanently open and keep working ....
I'll never understand why all locations aren't open all the time, just scale back staff on slower days.

bhg469

Disagree whole heartedly. The marketing dept for WDW has been aiming for the 6 year old girls, that's for sure. But the MK certainly wasn't designed to appeal to only little girls. Adventureland is my favorite land(in theory, lose Aladdin for gods sake) and I'm not the only one. As you can clearly attest to. If done properly, this will be every bit as popular as BOG.
It's mine too and either way I think it's a win, it's important that it's not a character meal though. I don't think they need a premium price here.

maddie_odair

The secret is to make some absurd claim (I heard they are building a A Percy Jackson ride...) and wait for the insiders to tell us we are wrong. :). With trial and error we might get it.

A Percy Jackson ride would be absolutely amazing but it will probably never happen

Anyway, it's great to see disney starting to fix up empty and lacking spots in its parks with the exception of EPCOT.

Figments Friend

I am pleased to hear this.
The location is great and it has been sitting closed for far too long.

I am assuming this will be a counter service type of setup...with hopefully decent theme treatments to the interior spaces.

As far as food offerings go, hopefully not more of the same fast-food options.
Perhaps mirror slightly what was offered here before...tropical inspired sandwiches and appetizers that are unique to the location.

Regardless of what is to come, i am happy to hear this space will be re-opened.
Just keep the character meals OUT of here, please....

.....unless of course, they decide to offer a *Tarzan & Friends* Character Meal.
Oooh yeah...might be able to talk me into that.

DC0703

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this turns out to be another unique dining experience, ala BOG in NFL. It is amazing how popular an uber-themed restaurant can become - a place that people will actually burn a coveted FP for in which to dine. And to me, the only other highly themed sitdown is CRT in the castle. MK absolutely needs more nice, TS choices.

I am wondering if, due to the popularity of BOG, Disney is going to attempt to capture some of that popularity in another location. How crazy popular would a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant with Adventurer's Club touches be?

I am beginning to think that they should add a unique dining experience (not QS) in each land of MK. If done properly they would be bound to be a success as there are now so few. The Liberty Tree Tavern could be one if the menu was improved and the place is refurbed appropriately. But they need more. I am now thinking that BOG may (hopefully) start a new trend of better restaurant experiences in the MK. Here's hoping anyway.

It surprises me that MK doesn't have more sit down places, considering how crazy popular the park is and the fact that it was the longest operating hours of them all. It really could use a good 2-3 table service places, especially given the runaway success of BOG.

I agree about the unique dining experience idea. In a place like Disney, people want a dining experience that they can't get elsewhere. I'm hoping the Jungle Cruise rumor pans out. I fear we won't get any concrete information until later in the year, when construction is fully underway.

disneydudette

I remember reading this last month... perhaps one step closer?
I saw this on another site this morning. The first part sounds like it could be legitimate, but the second part just sounds completely made up or mixed with some other rumors. Does anything in this ring true:

"In other news, you may have noticed a new lengthy rehab is also planned for the Liberty Tree Tavern that will see the restaurant closed for almost 5 months (July 6 to Nov. 20). I'm told that the focus of the work here isn't on the restaurant itself, but rather a complete redesign of the kitchen area that will transform it into a new multi-use kitchen area that will service not only the Liberty Tree Tavern, but an all new restaurant concept planned to open in the old Verandah space at the entrance to Adventureland. This is apparently the main reason why Tinker Bell was moved out of the building and sent to her new Main Street digs. While the concept may still be a bit fluid, the overall concept from what I understand is that it will be themed to tie into the Jungle Cruise theme. In short... imagine a crazy Adventureland themed restaurant staffed by the Jungle Cruise Captains as a way to pay the bills when they are in-between jobs, and to expand their bad comedy into the realm of the culinary arts."

lentesta

Premium Member
That survey was from '97. I'm slightly surprised it was accepted given the amount of work that's happened around that area.

lentesta

Premium Member
Permit filed today for the Adventureland Veranda. As has been rumored this is being turned back into a restaurant.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...29.pdf?id=DOC1644S1601.A0&parent=DOC1644S1601

As is your usual, impeccable style, nice job, @danlb_2000.

While the concept may still be a bit fluid, the overall concept from what I understand is that it will be themed to tie into the Jungle Cruise theme. In short... imagine a crazy Adventureland themed restaurant staffed by the Jungle Cruise Captains as a way to pay the bills when they are in-between jobs, and to expand their bad comedy into the realm of the culinary arts."

Where's the Google +1 button on this thing?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
That survey was from '97. I'm slightly surprised it was accepted given the amount of work that's happened around that area.

Since this is a notice of commencement and not an actual permit, the drawing is simply for identifying the location of the work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom