Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Here's hoping this turns out to be comparable to the Adventurer's Club.
While I agree, that is asking a whole lot.

Not saying that they shouldn't shoot for the stars here of course if we're talking blue sky, it would sure be fantastic to have something as complex as Adventurer's Club.

I think though that even if it's just a fairly straightforward, well themed table service, it will fit in nicely and accomplish what they really need to accomplish by expanding the dining options in MK.

I'd be ecstatic with the first, happy with the second.

lunchbox1175

I hope they do something more Adventurer's Club themed, as opposed to Jungle Cruise themed, two Rainforest Cafe's is enough. Would love to have another nice sit down option, something a little nicer than Tony's or The Plaza, but without the pomp of CRT. Something almost like a Library style restaurant, with bookshelves, and hunting trophies, and maps laying around.

BrianV

Am I the only one who thought the adventurers club was meh? I guess so. Maybe I just didn't get it. We went and everyone had raved about it and when we got there, it didn't live up to the built up expectations.

Anyway, I would much prefer a Polynesian themed restaurant with tropical drinks. Think Trader Vicks. They've set the table for allowing alcohol in the magic kingdom with BOG. The location would be perfect.

Whatever thy build, much needed. I just hope it isn't another quick serve burger joint.

flyerjab

Wondering if the permit expiration date for this lines up with the supposed 6 month refurb of the PotC. Just thinking that if it would be pirate themed in any way if this could open when a completely rehabbed PotC would reopen. Synergy!

flyerjab

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this turns out to be another unique dining experience, ala BOG in NFL. It is amazing how popular an uber-themed restaurant can become - a place that people will actually burn a coveted FP for in which to dine. And to me, the only other highly themed sitdown is CRT in the castle. MK absolutely needs more nice, TS choices.

I am wondering if, due to the popularity of BOG, Disney is going to attempt to capture some of that popularity in another location. How crazy popular would a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant with Adventurer's Club touches be?

I am beginning to think that they should add a unique dining experience (not QS) in each land of MK. If done properly they would be bound to be a success as there are now so few. The Liberty Tree Tavern could be one if the menu was improved and the place is refurbed appropriately. But they need more. I am now thinking that BOG may (hopefully) start a new trend of better restaurant experiences in the MK. Here's hoping anyway.

dolce20

I hope they do something more Adventurer's Club themed, as opposed to Jungle Cruise themed, two Rainforest Cafe's is enough. Would love to have another nice sit down option, something a little nicer than Tony's or The Plaza, but without the pomp of CRT. Something almost like a Library style restaurant, with bookshelves, and hunting trophies, and maps laying around.
You're speaking my language! Here's hoping..can't wait for more 411 on this! How long before y'all think we will have more details on theme?

bhg469

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this turns out to be another unique dining experience, ala BOG in NFL. It is amazing how popular an uber-themed restaurant can become - a place that people will actually burn a coveted FP for in which to dine. And to me, the only other highly themed sitdown is CRT in the castle. MK absolutely needs more nice, TS choices.

I am wondering if, due to the popularity of BOG, Disney is going to attempt to capture some of that popularity in another location. How crazy popular would a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant with Adventurer's Club touches be?

I am beginning to think that they should add a unique dining experience (not QS) in each land of MK. If done properly they would be bound to be a success as there are now so few. The Liberty Tree Tavern could be one if the menu was improved and the place is refurbed appropriately. But they need more. I am now thinking that BOG may (hopefully) start a new trend of better restaurant experiences in the MK. Here's hoping anyway.
While I like the idea, I don't see it being as popular as BOG. I wouldn't even hesitate to pick this if it was any sort of adventure theme but I'm not the demographic that MK goes for.

FigmentFreak

I'm laying odds on an Elsa & Anna eat and greet character dining.

Would love a villains eat and greet, but I know it wouldn't fit with the area. Just think how much $$$$ they'd rake in with that overpriced meal.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
While I like the idea, I don't see it being as popular as BOG. I wouldn't even hesitate to pick this if it was any sort of adventure theme but I'm not the demographic that MK goes for.

Disagree whole heartedly. The marketing dept for WDW has been aiming for the 6 year old girls, that's for sure. But the MK certainly wasn't designed to appeal to only little girls. Adventureland is my favorite land(in theory, lose Aladdin for gods sake) and I'm not the only one. As you can clearly attest to. If done properly, this will be every bit as popular as BOG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom