Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

BrianV

Yes.

It was nothing short of the most amazing location that has ever existed on Disney property.
Disagreement will not be tolerated.

Ha! Like i said, I think it was built up too much. No one was doing much of anything. Maybe I came inbetween anything exciting.

Now I did love the old lounge in the Polynesian village before it turned in to Ohana. Think it was the tambu lounge. That's what I want!!! :)

Lee

Adventurer
Ha! Like i said, I think it was built up too much. No one was doing much of anything. Maybe I came inbetween anything exciting.

Now I did love the old lounge in the Polynesian village before it turned in to Ohana. Think it was the tambu lounge. That's what I want!!! :)
It must have been early in the evening, before the festivities got started. Or maybe during a lull between events.

It is impossible to build AC up too much. :cool:

MickeyPeace

I'll never understand why all locations aren't open all the time, just scale back staff on slower days.
Thank you. Brilliant thinking that is not done by management.
You should work for TDO.
So many basic things that they have done wrong to pinch pennies.
If the parks are crowding, and for many years they have been packed, gives "guests" what they want and deserve-
Open those classic restaurants now!

LeRaposa

If it's going to be turned into something like Whispering Canyon or 50's Primetime Cafe then they shouldn't bother. I hate those places. All I want is a decent place to eat lunch or dinner at Magic Kingdom and it better have a decent menu. The only decent place for dinner is Liberty Tree. Given Disney's recent track record though, it's best not to get my hopes up for a decent menu. They wasted so much money on building Be Our Guest but there's not a thing on the menu to eat.

Anyways, have to admit I had no idea there ever was such a restaurant called The Veranda until I read about it on here a few weeks ago. I was born the year it was closed so I never ate at it or ever knew it existed. Can't understand why they would close a restaurant and not replace it with anything.

photomatt

Can't understand why they would close a restaurant and not replace it with anything.
Closing rides or restaurants for decades without replacing them is one of the things Disney does best.

"In Summerrrrrrrr..." could be the name of the new character M&G restaurant. It would be themed to the exotic, tropical places Olaf, Anna and Elsa visit during a hypothetical summer vacation, which is probably the plot of Frozen 2 (or maybe 3). The house specialty will be Svenburgers, dipped in teriyaki sauce, and topped with a slice of pineapple. For the purists and old-timers, they will bring back Tiki Punch and waffle fries.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
All I want is a decent place to eat lunch or dinner at Magic Kingdom and it better have a decent menu. The only decent place for dinner is Liberty Tree. Given Disney's recent track record though, it's best not to get my hopes up for a decent menu. They wasted so much money on building Be Our Guest but there's not a thing on the menu to eat.

Holy @;$?!

That is a major oversight. How has this not been discussed previously?!?!? What is on the menu, if not food items? I'm floored right now. Does anyone have the direct email or home address for TDOs Food and Beverage director?

chris chris

Pirates eat and greet, jack sparrow comes around and does shots with everyone. Sounds great in theory but we'll have a lot of vomit in the streets, a few law suits and therapy for millions of children in 20 years.
Jungle Cruise or some other adventureland themed restaurant would be awesome, but looking at Disneys recent track record I highly doubt theres going to be any non film tie ins for a while. From what I can imagine, they don't want to take any risks on any new story for an attraction/restaurant (nevermind the fact that thats what half of the park was founded on).

Animaniac93-98

When did it close? Like mid-90s right? Has it literally been closed for a generation?

It closed in July of 1994 according to this article, which has most everything you could want to know about the restaurant including the menu it had in its final year:

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/advv.htm

It reopened briefly in 1998 while Pecos Bill's was under refurbishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom