"Adios" El Rio del Tiempo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
El Rio has exitted to a gift shop since it opened.

Cynical people, jeeze. No one rides the ride - we know this. We don't know what they're doing, but hey: let's bash it!

We bashed the Land - but now we love it! We bashed the Seas - but now we love it!

bigorangeandy

The lack of crowds has been one of my favorite things about the ride. Most of the video scenes remind me of something that was filmed in the 1960's. An update of those scenes would make a nice change to the ride.

natalia1681

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Okay. I am okay with change. I am EXTREMELY SAD that it will be taking place while I am there. I didn't realize that the last time I rode El Rio, would be *GASP*, the last time....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am open to change but I do feel a bit paranoid about this--Journey into Your Imagination anyone???:brick:

Also, I enjoy the fact that there are never never never any lines for El Rio:cry::cry::cry:

speck76

First off.. 3 Cabs features Donald. There is a very good chance it will be successful just because of Donald.

World Showcase needs change.. why belittle it? Anything happening is good, especially at a boat ride that no one rides...

My thoughts exactly....

El Rio has not maintained a consistant wait time for at least the last 10 years. Any change in WS is appreciated, as this area has been stagnant for so long.

Besides, Epcot is running out of FW pavilions to renovate....:)

wdwcrzy

So I guess it's no coincidence that I saw the Three Caballeros doing a meet and greet outside the Mexico pavilion last night? I thought that was something new!!

sleepybear

I know it needs to be changed. I know it's horribly dated and cheesy. I know that I refer to it as "The River of Trinkets" and that it protrays Mexico as a land of pushy vendors trying to sell cheap souvenirs. But, darn it, I loved it.

I'm sure the changes will be good. I think The Three Caballeros is a fine idea (Although wasn't the movie more about South America, anyway?) Change the ride, if you must, Disney, but please keep the beginning intact and the same music. Please!

SirGoofy

Sounds great El Rio was a fun little attraction while it lasted. But something needs to be done to get people to go on those boats. I know Lee said there wasn't going to be any, but here's hoping for some AAs.

Victor

Any change in WS is appreciated, as this area has been stagnant for so long.

I agree. However the change that WS really needs is a new pavillion, or a new ride at one of the existing pavillions. I'm all for updating the projections, but adding Donald? It's just tacky.

CTXRover

Its literally been 5+ years since I've been on that ride and personally I'm open to the change. Its never been a repeater for me. The ride they have now is fine for what it is imo, but the potential for something much better has always been there. If the 3 cabarellos are simply used as hosts to introduce the audience to the sights and culture of Mexico, all the better. The ride needs a rehab either way, but hopefully it is done tastefully and in line with showing us what Mexico is as the current version at least attempts to do.

Maleficent98

Love the ride but it does need to be updated a bit. I am sure that Disney will do it in the best way possible to appeal to everyone.:wave:

Stitch69

I love el tem...but they might keep some of the things in the ride the same- hopefully they will just add to the ride and make it even better!

DDuckFan130

So it's not "Adios" but only a "Hasta Luejo" :D

Hasta luego actually :lookaroun

And again, I am all for this change. Not only because Donald and the other Caballeros are personal favorites of mine...but because that ride needs life in it to attract people. If it takes characters to do so, then so be it.

Tim G

El Rio has exitted to a gift shop since it opened.
True... and that will stay the same... :D
Cynical people, jeeze.
Huh?!? :confused: ... Making jokes about something isn't cynical...
No one rides the ride - we know this.
I ride it, and NOBODY knows... (so maybe WE DON'T know)
We don't know what they're doing, but hey: let's bash it!
Please not generalize...
I do know what they're doing and I've never bashed it...
We bashed the Land
I didn't... your generalizing again...
but now we love it!
I always loved it... (and you're doing it again)
We bashed the Seas
You're doing it again... WE bashed :( ... I never bashed anything or anyone...
but now we love it!
I've ALWAYS loved it... :)

So maybe next time please talk for yourself... (Although I know what you mean :))
But IMO you should never think that everyone acts the same as you probably might think... :zipit:

CatLady

April 1st is a great ending day for anything.
The Electric Light Parade ended at MK on April 1. I kept hoping it was just a joke, but noooo...

First off.. 3 Cabs features Donald. There is a very good chance it will be successful just because of Donald.
This would bolster my theory that Disney is pushing Donald forward again. You didn't see much of him in the park for years and years, now he's in Philharmagic and potentially in El Rio de Donald. Disney seems to cycle different characters to prominence at different times. Maybe it's Donald's turn. (Sorry, not a Donald fan at all.)

I'm surprised that Mexico hasn't become terribly embarrassed of El Rio del Tiempo because of the stereotype promoted by the vendors. It's a beautiful pavilion, and there are a lot of great things in the ride. Just making a handful of changes would update it considerably, and that's what I suspect is going to happen in that short a timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom