Actual quote from Guest...

cooleo

You get used to it after a while.

I'm a bit more annoyed by park-specific things. I've heard Test Track called Fast Track, Race Track, Fast Pass, Quick Track, Race Car and "That Car Ride." I've heard Fast Pass called Fast Track, EZ Pass, Quick Pass, Quick Track, Test Pass, Fast Ticket, the "Ticket Thingy," and other things that shouldn't be repeated in polite company (mostly by Cast Members). I heard the monorail called The Tram and The Train more often than "monorail."

Don't worry, I'm not one of those people that freaks out when things aren't called by their proper name (though it's sure confusing when a Guest asks whether they need a "Quick Track for Fast Pass"). I do cringe just a bit, though.

I would probably lose it big time ..... :lol:

I worked at World of Disney at Downtown Disney. And every night I heard a variation of "we were at disney world today" and I'd say... "you mean Magic Kingdom?" and then they'd say "no, disney world... the one with the castle."

It got old.

LOL. I get that all the time too. I was telling a friend of mine about my last trip and I said to him, "Well, the first day we went to Animal Kingdom then had dinner at Epcot that night." He goes, "Wait wait wait a minute. I thought you said you were going to Disney World?"

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While outside country bear's a southern kid said

"Der's Bar's in Dar!"

Meaning:

There are bears in there

Also saw a mother yelling at a woman with no legs in a wheelchair because she was being allowed to go to the front of the line. The mother was swearing in front of everyone and making a huge scene

I's tryin' to warn my Aunt Sister Peggy Sue, she cain't read and is fraid of bars. :shrug:

Disney_Belle

As we walked through Camp mickey at AK where donald duck is fishing..someone said to their kids - "hey look its daffy duck" - my mom couldn't let that go and turned around and said nicely "its donald" :ROFLOL:

Not too long ago, a radio contest was being run and the prize was a whole new bedroom set courtesy of a kids furniture store. So the question was:

"On the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show, on Playhouse Disney, Mickey is joined by his friends Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Daisy and... "

The contestant had to name the one missing character and they said "Daffy Duck" I just shook my head and couldn't believe they said "Daffy" instead of "Donald" - and to make it even worse, the DJ said "THAT IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!"

:brick::brick::brick:

Ok I LOVE this thread. I have two of my own from my family's last trip in May:

Waiting in line at the Epcot entrance my Dad and I over heard a woman talking about an attraction called "Body Life". My Dad and I could not stop laughing because we had no idea what she was talking about. I'm thinking she was getting something with the Wonders of Life and Body Wars mixed up, but that has been closed for a while so we are still a little puzzled. All the same it still was funny!

Another day in Epcot my Dad and I overheard a couple at Soarin talking about the Fastpass. Here was the gist of the conversation.

Husband: Honey there are those Fastpasses.

Wife: No dear I think you have to pay for those. I think you have to get that when you're purchasing your ticket.

My Dad and I had another good laugh and whenever we saw the Fastpass distribution areas the rest of the trip we would have to stop and say: "Wait, I think you have to pay for those."

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
DS and I were at DAK during EE soft openings [which while we were there meant it was open virtually all day, every day] in February '06. We rode 18 times during the course of the week :sohappy:

We were both astounded by the number of people who thought they weren't allowed to ride EE! I was listening to one family that the mother said "Oh, we're not allowed on, it's only open for special guests" :eek: I went over and told her that it was open to anyone and explained that DS and I had ridden several times already that day... She looked at me like I had two heads and hurried away :shrug:. Another family was standing right in front of the ride, looking at the CMs waving people into line and the father said something to the effect of "they're just testing it, we'll be able to ride next trip...", if he had walked ten feet to the CM and asked, he would have found out they could ride! :rolleyes:

After a while, I just took the approach that it meant that many more rides for us! :D

Expo_Seeker40

EPCOT tends to get the stupid guests.....see its all the lack of edutainment rides I tell ya! :ROFLOL:

I saw/heard a few things from my trip at EPCOT worth mentioning:

Family standing in front of the Land holding up their maps "I don't see anything around here that says Future World on it, and I really want to go see what it is"

I was sooooo close to telling them they were IN future world....but alas I just let them figure it out..actually I don't think they ever did but thats ok.

While waiting in line for UoE....a couple comes up to the CM.....how do we get to Epcot? The CM was like "*&&^%$#" and they said again...now pointing toward the wand...the CM said "the mickey wand"?" they said NO....EPCOT HOW DO WE GET TO EPCOT........."just go through the innoventions breezway and take a right".

I think I heard someone call Figment...Barney's little friend like Barney the Dinosaur :eek:

Someone said "WHERE'S THAT COKE PAVILION" while I was eating at the electric umbrella.....ah yes the coke pavilion, where they offer free razors, mirrors, and premade lines on tables all for you.

And then I met this family at Canada's mezzanine thingy buy the restrooms where you can watch IllumiNations...and she says to be.....so what land is your favorite?

I said World Showcase....and she goes "No, Hun...like what...you know, EPCOT, Magic Kingdom?" and I said....park? "No Hun, land"...."I like EPCOT" "Oh I do too hun, isn't it pretty". :wave:

nibblesandbits

THAT IS SCARY! Really, you think people actually go there with NO knowledge of the Parks at all?:eek: Holy Moly!!! I could not even fathom what that would be like! TOTAL MAYHEM!!!!!! Which is why there are these funny stories....I guess HAHAHA!:ROFLOL:
Mermaid1
trust me...people do this all the time.

My DH and their family went when they were kids...they had no clue about anything. Knew nothing what so ever. But I can't say my family was any better. We at least knew what stuff was, but we definitely didn't plan.

I'm sure a good portion of people don't do any sort of planning when they go to Disney. I would bet my kidney. (Of course, there is no way to prove this...so I will just keep my kidney then...:lookaroun :lol: )

nibblesandbits

Because the majority of Americans are lazy. In America--were spelling doesn't count; peoples' pets do.
I honestly don't think that's why people don't know about their resorts and such before a big trip.

I honestly think that people don't realize that they need to plan for a Disney trip. I think they believe it's just like going to your average amusement park and that everything that they need to know they will find out when they get there.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I heard this at the Magic Kingdom

Why can't you put "You Are Here" on the hand held maps?:veryconfu:ROFLOL:
Too bad Disney didn't succeed in getting the rights to Harry Potter... Then they could print Marauder's Maps for guests! :ROFLOL:

DisneyDellsDude

Here are mine.

-As we were in the EE viewing area (right by the main drop) a lady asked this other guy, "Is this a water ride"? :lol:

-We were in line for M:S (The Green Side). We were right at the front where you hand in your MS cards, and get into a certain numbered line. I believe this is the first preshow. Anyways, across from us (The Orange Side) a group of two people asked the cast member, "This is Soarin', right?" :brick:
I mean... The had the cards that said they were on M:S, they picked the high G spinning side, and they were all the way through the queue! How can you not know where you are!!!:dazzle:

Captain Hank

I once had a group of guests excitedly sign up for Behind the Seeds. They had been told by the CM at the tour desk that it was a "one-hour guided walking tour of the greenhouses and labs" (I heard her say this myself). When I gathered the tour together, they were very excited and anxious to get going. However, I noticed their interest level plummet as soon as we started in the first area. They barely spoke throughout the entire hour. Later, I found out from the CM at the tour desk that she'd heard one of them say "I'm so excited to go on a backstage tour of Soarin'!" as we were leaving. :brick:

LoriMistress

I honestly don't think that's why people don't know about their resorts and such before a big trip.

I honestly think that people don't realize that they need to plan for a Disney trip. I think they believe it's just like going to your average amusement park and that everything that they need to know they will find out when they get there.
I think it's more half-half. Some people don't know; others just don't care.

SpectroMan

Is it me or the majority of stupid people that say this crap are from the south (or deep south)?

I don't know, I think that many of us down here understand Disney World much better than those above the Mason-Dixon Line.

You have to remember that Disney World is in the South. That means that there will be many more people from the South traveling to this destination. Therefore the percentage of dumb comments you will hear will most likely come from them. Also, Southeners, especially ones from the Deep South, have a very distinctive accent. Since you do not hear it often, being from the West, you probably pick it up much easier than others.

DisneyGigi

Is it me or the majority of stupid people that say this crap are from the south (or deep south)?

You mean like Florida??? Where you are visiting WDW.....That is as deep South as you can get! By the way there is a Huge difference between Redneck and Southern!( Being a person from the South, I do know how to pronounce R's in my speech.) I suppose that saying OHHH, Hon, look at tha Hoos & caigge is proper English?? ( Have I pointed this out in other threads... no, I have not,because I have been taught to be polite, *it is a Southern thing*)
I have encountered many people from many different places that have less than desired grammar skills. Don't generalize and assume.... Really!

smee08

while working as a CP at Jungle Cruise last Fall 06, here's a couple of things I heard:

family asking me a question: "Is this the PoC?"
me: while turning around to look at the JC sign ..."um...no. up the steps and to the left"

and while working one of the halloween parties ...
as it starts to sprinkle outside...(mind you it was dark...but sitll)

woman: raises her hand and asks: "What's this?"
me: "I do believe it's rain..." :brick:

last but not least (by far my favorite):
while setting up for the 3 o'clock parade and talking to guests:

woman: looking towards the clouds in the distance "excuse me."
me: "yes?"
woman: "do you know when it's going to rain?"
me: "excuse me?"
woman: "yes, what time is it going to rain?"
me: "um...I'm not sure"
woman: "why not?"
me: "I don't control the weather..."
woman: "oh..." as she walks off...

wdwdude423

and while working one of the halloween parties ...
as it starts to sprinkle outside...(mind you it was dark...but sitll)

woman: raises her hand and asks: "What's this?"
me: "I do believe it's rain..." :brick:

last but not least (by far my favorite):
while setting up for the 3 o'clock parade and talking to guests:

woman: looking towards the clouds in the distance "excuse me."
me: "yes?"
woman: "do you know when it's going to rain?"
me: "excuse me?"
woman: "yes, what time is it going to rain?"
me: "um...I'm not sure"
woman: "why not?"
me: "I don't control the weather..."
woman: "oh..." as she walks off...

OMG! This is hilarious!! This has to be the funniest comment so far on this thread. Classic Non-Disney-Lover humor :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom