A Whole New World of Huggles

Lil'mermaid

nibblesandbits said:
I totally understand that...but I also think that if we were a REAL problem here at the *huggle* threads one of the moderators would say something. They have to at least check out these threads every once in a while I would think.

You guys all tend to get kinda...weird... sometimes and it really does kinda creep me out. I'm no angel or stick in the mud but...I get really uncomfortable in here sometimes. This is a FAMILY site and I know if I had kids around 13-16 I wouldnt want them reading some of this. Anyone ever notice I dont hang out here as much anymore? Or any of the original huggle-ers?

I'm sorry but I think I'm outta here guys...I cant take it anymore.

jesserin

MommytoMJM said:
has no idea what it is.....

and you are right, being a mom can be exhausting....altho I am just feeling it more right now becuase we are both sick.

It's a goofy game we're playing - it's fun -you'll have to join us next round... (only if you vote for me :lookaroun )

and extra *huggles* your way for not feeling good... it was bad enough pre-baby... post child is horribly exhausting b/c you have to be up taking care of them no matter what... after all, if we don't, no one will...

BIG feel good Mom *huggles* to Bonny,

MommytoMJM

Lil'mermaid said:
You guys all tend to get kinda...weird... sometimes and it really does kinda creep me out. I'm no angel or stick in the mud but...I get really uncomfortable in here sometimes. This is a FAMILY site and I know if I had kids around 13-16 I wouldnt want them reading some of this. Anyone ever notice I dont hang out here as much anymore? Or any of the original huggle-ers?

Katie, I am so sorry, I would never want to make anyone uncomfortable. I am not sure how my thrush in my mouth turned into all of this, but I am the newest one, you shouldn't have to leave, I will.... Again, my apologies.

jesserin

Lil'mermaid said:

:eek: I'm sorry - that's not right - I'll do my best to keep everyone as clean as I can! I promise! :) Please don't go... you will be badly missed! :eek:

jesserin

MommytoMJM said:
Katie, I am so sorry, I would never want to make anyone uncomfortable. I am not sure how my thrush in my mouth turned into all of this, but I am the newest one, you shouldn't have to leave, I will.... Again, my apologies.

hey now - you don't leave either!!! Enough of this - I better see both of you on here later on tonight... there's no reason why any of you should leave! It's good that you said something... STAY PLEASE STAY!!!

As soon as the boys mosey their behinds over here and see you two writing this I'm sure there's more repentance on its way... ;)

*huggles* all around - and let's make it a fun CLEAN thread again!

tigsmom

MommytoMJM said:

Bonny, there is no need for you to leave at all, nor apologize. It is the entire tone/feeling of the huggle thread that has made some people feel uncomfortable posting in this thread. It is not you (and I said that before), nor is it any one person... it is a combination of factors.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings earlier, just point out a fact. If I hurt your feelings (or anyone elses' ) the I apologize.

huggles

MKCP 1985

* The huggles thread started out as a place where people could come and get a boost when they were having a hard day.

* Underaged people "humpling" adults is really creepy.

* Do you really want to have to be called down by the moderators?

* If people would confine the graphic details of their challenges of living their lives, most people would appreciate it GREATLY. We all have our burdens in life and the huggles thread is the place to get some support. But there are boundaries that need to be respected and when someone calls timeout and suggests "step back," that should be a clue.

Anyway, that's it. I'm not a moderator and don't want to be. I just know there were some really cool people who used to post here a lot and don't come around the huggles thread anymore for some of the reasons I've mentioned. Maybe the people here now don't want those people here.

I did edit this at someone's request. It is not my intent to make anyone feel unwelcome and I leave it to moderators to say what is what but what was said was heartfelt.

*huggles*

nibblesandbits

Lil'mermaid said:

I do agree that sometimes things get out of hand...but that is no reason why you shouldn't hang around.

And I don't know if there's a correlation between the original hugglers not coming around because of the converstions the new ones of us have. (Sure, it could be part of it) but I think a lot of people get busy and don't have the time to spend in here. I wasn't around in the beginning, so I don't know if that's true or not...but that's another idea of why. (I like to play Devil's Advocate! :D )

Basically, I really hope you decide to come back here because you will be missed. :kiss:

Lil'mermaid

nibblesandbits said:
I do agree that sometimes things get out of hand...but that is no reason why you shouldn't hang around.

Thats why I get uncomfortable. Things reach a level that I personally dont feel is right for me. Maybe its just me...but I dunno. I just dont feel like some of this is appropriate.

nibblesandbits

MKCP 1985 said:
* The huggles thread started out as a place where people could come and get a boost when they were having a hard day.

* Underaged people "humpling" adults is really creepy.

* Do you really want to have to be called down by the moderators?

* Bonny - I'm just going to say this as one forum member to another: If you would confine the graphic details of your challenges in raising MJ to your dedicated thread, most people would appreciate it GREATLY. You receive more prayers than you probably know, but there is such a thing as "too much." You once seemed to respect that boundary, but the response to Mad's earlier prompt today suggests that as you have established yourself here, you want to expand that boundary.

Anyway, that's it. I'm not a moderator and don't want to be. I just know there were some really cool people who used to post here a lot and don't come around the huggles thread anymore for some of the reasons I've mentioned. Maybe the people here now don't want those people here.

*huggles*
Very well said MKCP...:D

And I do agree that the *humpling* needs to stop...(which I know I've been guilty of, but try very hard not to do, as even I see that's not necessarily right...)

I can understand how hard having converstations with a wide range of people is. We have people in here from the ages of 14-mid 50s and we have to bear that in mind. It is quite easy to forget that some of the youngins are just that because we don't see them in real life. The only interaction we have with them is through the internet...which can definitely cause problems.

I don't want these types of thread to stop. I love the fact that I have become friendly with a lot of you...which is a big step up from when I used to come on here and didn't know anybody...just read the forums, posted occasionally if I felt the need to and left. We are like a family and I want to keep it that way.

so *huggles* to all! And thanks for being there for me!

MommytoMJM

MKCP 1985 said:
* Bonny - I'm just going to say this as one forum member to another: If you would confine the graphic details of your challenges in raising MJ to your dedicated thread, most people would appreciate it GREATLY. You receive more prayers than you probably know, but there is such a thing as "too much." You once seemed to respect that boundary, but the response to Mad's earlier prompt today suggests that as you have established yourself here, you want to expand that boundary.

You know, I was thinking of staying after all until I read this. I cannot just turn that off, just like you have a job, being her mom is mine. I am sorry that my talking about MJ makes you uncomfortable, you won't have to deal with it any longer.

nibblesandbits

Lil'mermaid said:
Thats why I get uncomfortable. Things reach a level that I personally dont feel is right for me. Maybe its just me...but I dunno. I just dont feel like some of this is appropriate.
I think that I didn't explain myself well enough...

I know myself, I would never want to make anyone uncomfortable...and I'm sorry if I helped to contribute to the maddness...I try very hard to keep things PG...maybe even PG-13 here...

I guess in a way I was trying to apologize if my behavior has ever been inappropriate and offended anyone. I have certainly been trying not to since the first time your mom said something about the situation and I think I have changed...but if for any reason I haven't...I do apologize to you all. :wave:

nibblesandbits

Look...you all...there is no need to fight. This is a very simple thing to understand.

If we all realize the age groups that post (and those who may lurk that we haven't scared off yet :D ) that range from 14-mid 50s and think about keeping things at the most PG-13...we don't have any problems.

It all comes in taking a moment to think...is there the possibility that I could be offending someone. I know I do this on a daily basis whenever I post on this site. I'm not pointing people out as needing to do this, I think we all do.

tigsmom

nibblesandbits said:
Look...you all...there is no need to fight. This is a very simple thing to understand.

If we all realize the age groups that post (and those who may lurk that we haven't scared off yet :D ) that range from 14-mid 50s and think about keeping things at the most PG-13...we don't have any problems.

It all comes in taking a moment to think...is there the possibility that I could be offending someone. I know I do this on a daily basis whenever I post on this site. I'm not pointing people out as needing to do this, I think we all do.

Exactly!

When one person leaves it diminishes us all. Had I realized that speaking up earlier would have caused this uproar I never would have said anything, I just would have stopped posting in here. :(

DDuckFan130

What people might have pointed out as "problems" in the huggle thread (if you can call them that...whatever) are no reason for some of you to leave. In any case, just take the criticism and learn from it. We all have to check ourselves from time to time because we're only human and can take things too far at times.

Please don't leave guys. We can all have a nice huggle thread as long as we take others into consideration when we post certain things. Like I said before, what might offend some may not offend others but you never really know.

If you choose to leave, I'm very sad to hear that but hopefully you can reconsider.

darthdarrel

nibblesandbits said:

If you think this is bad you should see some of the stuff that is posted in PML!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom