"A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas"- Disney press release

Figment82

I saw it last night and posted my thoughts in the General Discussion board. I saw the very first show that they were able to offer due to weather - at 9:50. The highlight by far was seeing Mike Wazowski's arm fall off just a few minutes into the show! Hilarious!

They had to stop the show after Buzz's segment but we went back to see the 10:45 and it ran all the way through. The Cast does a really good job with what they have to work with, but the show is just awkward. Stitch plots to destroy Santa, Mike tells bad jokes, and Buzz dances to a Star Command-style jingle bells.

Worth a watch just to see it, but it's nothing amazing. I loved watching Celebrate the Season much more.

Gringrinngghost

At lease more info came out, then what i posted on October 22nd.
Coming to the Magic Kingdom® Park: A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
Date: 10/21/2009

Get ready for a new musical revue, featuring a Cast of Tomorrowland® characters that includes Mike Wazowski, Stitch and Buzz Lightyear, plus a group of young, fun-loving party goers dancing to "songs of the season" in the distinctive style of today's hits. A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas – coming soon to a galaxy near you.

In preparation for A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas, the following technical load-in and rehearsals will take place at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland, potentially impacting Horticulture (sprinklers), Custodial (pressure washing), facilities, and delivery traffic.

10/20 - 10/24 12:30 - 9:00 am Lighting install & programming

10/23 12:30 - 9:00 am Audio install

10/27 - 10/28 12:30 - 9:00 am Audio mix (please keep noise to a minimum while in area)

10/28 12:30 - 9:00 am FX load-in/testing

10/29 - 10/30 12:30 - 9:00 am Tech cue to cue

11/2 11:30 pm - 8:00 am Rehearsals

11/3 9:00 pm - 5:30 am Rehearsals

11/4 8:00 pm - 4:30 am Rehearsals

11/5 8:00 pm - 4:30 am Rehearsals

11/6 10:00 pm - 6:30 am Rehearsals

Thank you for your cooperation in keeping this area clear of traffic during the above listed dates and times.

sponono88

I applaud the dancers for trying, but I agree with the above poster - this is a disaster. The first few minutes were actually ok with the christmas songs/dance number. Then Buzz and Mike came along and everything went downhill. The whole fiasco with Mike's arm and having to cancel the first show halfway.. that's just sad. :shrug:

Disneyson 1

I really don't wanna see this show in the "Mike's arm falling off form"... is there a better version without bodily injury out there?

EDIT:

I bit the bullet and watched it. I kinda liked it, and the Mike thing was pretty hilarious! The Buzz section was a little weak, though. And did anyone else notice the glitch in the start of the "sing along"?

_Scar

ROFL.

That arm falling off made my night.

LMAO.

He was just flinging that sucker around- and then all you hear is a gasp. Priceless. True Disney Magic!

hpyhnt 1000

*sigh* Well... I don't know. Its still not looking too good. I think the reason this show appears to be a bit better than SSC is because the songs are fun Christmas pieces that everyone knows and can sing along to. That being said, this show still makes me want to :dazzle: and go :hurl:.

This is hardly a suitable replacement for Twas the Night Before Christmas and it still leaves the question of what will become of that ugly stage they built.

For the amount of money they've probably spent constructing that stage and creating TWO shows for it, I bet they could have kept Twas the Night Before Christmas AND upgraded the Lights of Winter for less. :brick:

GothMickey

Disgusting. I know one person who will be glowing about this though. Wanna bet Lou Mongello says this show is fantastic and represents true Disney magic??? :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom