A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Dynamic Attractions, the fabricator behind Spider Man, TT/RSR, Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts, and Soarin', has unveiled a new ride platform at IAAPA that combines a high capacity ride vehicle on a motion base that can rotate with screens and practical sets. Seems like something we could see at a UNI, or possibly Disney, park soon.
Via @ThemeParkInsider on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ThemePark/status/798955377618403328/video/1

Universal sure, Disney not so much as stuff like that costs money

Brer Oswald

So ergo my point its all so subjective without a unified code. I'd be willing concede Country Bear and Tiki may not be E's but are def D's they are immersive, ambitious technologically amazing(Country moreso then tiki), and if Winnie the Pooh is a C Tiki blows it out of the water. For Hallof Presidents its an E because of the ambition and message. The Tableau of 44 presidents is an amazing site to see. Maybe its nostalgia! That's why it is so tough. I can totally see a few of my E tickets being demoted to D.

Frozen is a dark ride with nice AA's great AA's but not an E level quality attraction, the New Pandora Boat ride for example will be a boat ride with great AA's but no one will be putting that in the E level category.
I wouldn't say Tiki blows Pooh out of the water, the only thing the one has over the other is proper animatronics. If Disney took the time to refurbish Pooh with proper animatronics, it would become a desirable attraction for most park goers. It's definitely has one of Disney's strongest IPs in favour of it.

PorterRedkey

C is being generous...lol though I will say adding the animatronics to the finale really help make it feel more substantial...
I love the "Mexico" ride. I ride it several times each trip. I think it is incredibly themed and very fun.

Back when Epcot was EPCOT, this ride had a line that stretched outside the pyramid. Of course, back then most rides in Epcot had long lines.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I love the "Mexico" ride. I ride it several times each trip. I think it is incredibly themed and very fun.

Back when Epcot was EPCOT, this ride had a line that stretched outside the pyramid. Of course, back then most rides in Epcot had long lines.
When I was there in august, the app didn't even list it as a ride anymore.

I know it's not the best, but I've always loved the Mexico boat ride. it's very underrated. and I think the three cabelleros addition was well done and added some needed energy to the ride.

Brer Oswald

Slow day on the Disney forums. See you guys in two days when more info of Avatar at AK is announced. I will be taking a break from the forums to play the latest Pokemon game "Pokemon Moon".
You got Moon? I'm going to get Sun, but I'm in no rush, I'll just wait till Christmas ;).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Don't buy into the 1/2 or 1/3 closed language.

One of five rides was closed. That's 1/5 of the rides.

One major and one minor attraction was closed. They've since added a night show attraction and a daytime show. That's a wash.

They lost Streets of America. They upgraded several rides. That's a wash.

If there are internal reviews indicating poor customer satisfaction now, I can't imagine that the reviews were through the roof just because LMA and the Back Lot Tour were open and that saved the perception of the park.

Attractions closed in the last several years:
  1. Backlot Tour
  2. LMA Stunt Show
  3. American Idol
  4. Honey I shrunk the Kids Playground
  5. Streets of America
  6. The Magic of Disney Animation
  7. American Film Institute Showcase
  8. Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow (not there too long, but still closed recently)
  9. Daytime parade (Pixar parade ended in 2013)
  10. Osborne Lights (Seasonal)
Let's call it 8 attractions closed since Osborne Lights were part of Streets of America plus the day parade was lost. They have opened Star Wars Launch Bay and they have brought back the nighttime fireworks which were there a while than gone and now back.

Net loss of 7 attractions. What's left:
5 rides:
  1. ToT
  2. RnRC
  3. Star Tours
  4. GMR
  5. TSMM
9 shows/attractione:
  1. Indy Stunt Show
  2. LM
  3. Beauty and the Beast
  4. Jedi Training Academy
  5. Muppets
  6. Fantastic
  7. Disney Jr
  8. Star Wars Launch Bay
  9. One Man's Dream
They haven't closed half the park, but 1/3 seems about right. The main E-tickets are still in place (for now) with the exception of the BLT and a lot of what closed were time eaters and diversions. Only lost 1/6 of the headliner rides. Still hard to justify charging full price IMHO.

UpAllNight

Exciting news about Epcot but blimey let's make some proper announcements not this drip and drab teaser rubbish.

On a similar note, was hoping for Spring for Avatar so it looks like it's another trip where I'll miss it. One of those things but the drawn out design/construction process stinks when you only visit every few years and you've been teased with it for over half a decade. In total it'll probably be 10 years from it being announced from when I actually get to see it. Again, it's just the situation it's not Disneys fault I don't go every year, it's my own desire to see other places, but can't help feel a little frustrated at the situation.

Everything just feels so drawn out.

DDLand

Apparently they just confirmed at Destination D that WDW's ToT is safe from Marvel intrusion.
You could tell that was the very clear message that came from the Marvel interview. It seemed so forced that I wondered if that had been planted.

Things could very well change, but this seems like a very good sign. I still don't have a hard time believing that there had recently been a last minute reconsideration of the project, but that ultimately ended in the negative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom