A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

the.dreamfinder

Dynamic Attractions, the fabricator behind Spider Man, TT/RSR, Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts, and Soarin', has unveiled a new ride platform at IAAPA that combines a high capacity ride vehicle on a motion base that can rotate with screens and practical sets. Seems like something we could see at a UNI, or possibly Disney, park soon.
Via @ThemeParkInsider on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ThemePark/status/798955377618403328/video/1

Last edited:

Rteetz

Dynamic Attractions, the fabricator behind Spider Man, TT/RSR, Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts, and Soarin', has unveiled a new ride platform at IAAPA that combines a high capacity ride vehicle on a motion base that can rotate with screens, and practical sets. Seems like something we could see at a UNI, or possibly Disney, park soon.
Cool concept. Now that would be something they could replace stitch with. Or maybe something for Epcot.

JoeCamel

And also secretly changed their 1-day seasonal tickets. On May 31, they announced only the gate would have seasonal 1-day but now their website has them also. With names, descriptions and dates nearly the same as Disney.

All this secret price changes would have received EXTREME outrage if it were Disney, but I see no announcements or coverage of any kind for universal.

Difference is Universal actually built something to charge extra for

Quinnmac000

Difference is Universal actually built something to charge extra for

tumblr_nzs69eGj111qe8lb8o1_500.gif

yeti

Dynamic Attractions, the fabricator behind Spider Man, TT/RSR, Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts, and Soarin', has unveiled a new ride platform at IAAPA that combines a high capacity ride vehicle on a motion base that can rotate with screens, and practical sets. Seems like something we could see at a UNI, or possibly Disney, park soon.
Something I've never understood: how is Dynamic the fabricator of Soain' when, the story goes, an imagineer developed the concept spontaneously when playing with attic toys?
(1:00 in)

brb1006

The new ride platform might make future motion simulator rides look much more fun and more interactive.

GiveMeTheMusic

And also secretly changed their 1-day seasonal tickets. On May 31, they announced only the gate would have seasonal 1-day but now their website has them also. With names, descriptions and dates nearly the same as Disney.

All this secret price changes would have received EXTREME outrage if it were Disney, but I see no announcements or coverage of any kind for universal.

Few care because Universal is investing heavily into their parks and opening new attractions every year. One day, before we're all dead, we might be lucky enough to see Rivers of Light, or visit Pandora or Star Wars Land at WDW, but their lack of drive to complete projects in any meaningful timeframe contradicts their willingness to jack up prices like clockwork.

UOR is working hard to win my dollar, WDW is not. So that's why UOR price increases are usually met with a shrug, at least from my corner.

Katie G

Few care because Universal is investing heavily into their parks and opening new attractions every year. One day, before we're all dead, we might be lucky enough to see Rivers of Light, or visit Pandora or Star Wars Land at WDW, but their lack of drive to complete projects in any meaningful timeframe contradicts their willingness to jack up prices like clockwork.

UOR is working hard to win my dollar, WDW is not. So that's why UOR price increases are usually met with a shrug, at least from my corner.

Put me on the pixie dust list then b/c it appears Disney is also heavily investing in their parks. I would say for this year and next, there is about equal levels of new stuff.

At the highest level, Disney opened a new area in "Norway" & refreshed the ride, Upgraded to digital projection, added a theatre and added a new film to Soarin', opened a new track to TSMM, Added star wars nighttime show, added new MK stage show, doubled the size of Disney Springs.
Universal added Kong, refreshed Hulk, changed up some restaurants at Citywalk

Disney will open Pandora next year, and crossing fingers for Rivers of Light. Typhoon Lagoon will get a new ride
Universal will close Wet n Wild and open Volcano Bay, and Jimmy Fallon ride will open

The long term potential for both companies is fantastic.

Quinnmac000

Put me on the pixie dust list then b/c it appears Disney is also heavily investing in their parks. I would say for this year and next, there is about equal levels of new stuff.

At the highest level, Disney opened a new area in "Norway" & refreshed the ride, Upgraded to digital projection, added a theatre and added a new film to Soarin', opened a new track to TSMM, Added star wars nighttime show, added new MK stage show, doubled the size of Disney Springs.

Disney will open Pandora next year, and crossing fingers for Rivers of Light. Typhoon Lagoon will get a new ride
Universal will close Wet n Wild and open Volcano Bay, and Jimmy Fallon ride will open

If you mentioned that Thanksgiving weekend Universal is giving 40,000 free movie tickets to an advance full film screening of Sing across the country to take away from Moana, then I can see people complaining more so about that.

The Empress Lilly

I've seen that erector set so many times...
The stuff Spirit fanboi jokes are made of...

But Considering the Poly waterfall was ripped out so guests could see the 'The Castle' when they entered the Poly''s new 'Hampton Inn' lobby (some of which have bigger water features than Tiki Shrug). I suspect the designers were told by Marketing that the 'The Castle' must be fully visible upon park entry.
Wait...so was that the reason for that inane travesty?

My, the Poly has been ruined. The view blocked by those hideous bungalows, a vintage Tiki interior ripped out for something you can see everywhere, expansions build up all the way to the TTC, the white sandy beaches permanently closed off, a prison-fenced Coco Key Resort swimming pool. What a shame.

JoeCamel

My, the Poly has been ruined. The view blocked by those hideous bungalows, a vintage Tiki interior ripped out for something you can see everywhere, expansions build up all the way to the TTC, the white sandy beaches permanently closed off, a prison-fenced Coco Key Resort swimming pool. What a shame.

But .... But .... for just $500 a night you can experience the "magic"

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm glad you feel that Disney is meeting your value expectations!

lazyboy97o

So does anyone know if the erector set story is complete, after-the-fact bull?
Disney designed the system and holds the patents. I can remember his name, but I am fairly confident Imagineer Erector Set's name is on the patent. Think of it like an architect. An architect designs a building but a contractor builds it. That doesn't mean the architect wasn't involved in the building process.

(Yes, an architect can be a contractor, but it is an atypical arrangement.)

HMF

Disney designed the system and holds the patents. I can remember his name, but I am fairly confident Imagineer Erector Set's name is on the patent. Think of it like an architect. An architect designs a building but a contractor builds it. That doesn't mean the architect wasn't involved in the building process.

(Yes, an architect can be a contractor, but it is an atypical arrangement.)
Mark Sumner

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom