A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

gwhb75

It.

maxresdefault.jpg

"I know only about 2 people are going to understand this around here, but I stand by my obscure references."

Alright Iger...You know what this means.... YOU MADE THE LIST.

alphac2005

I didn't mean to imply Alan Horn created the live action remakes, just that he is the one most responsible for the current slate of films we keep hearing about.

I happen to think he deserves 'credit' rather than disdain, but that's sometimes an unpopular opinion given the reaction folks have to the remakes. Critically and financially he is working out well for DIS.
Horn has been brilliant in the entertainment business going back decades. I never met him personally when I was in the industry, but I've only heard wonderful things about him and interestingly enough, he's a Harvard MBA guy. Norman Lear saw years ago that he got it, even though he by nature was a businessperson not coming from the creative realm. The current crowd that runs the other divisions of the company could learn plenty from Horn.

lazyboy97o

I don't doubt that it's wasteful. WDI is known to be a money sink where everything costs twice as much and takes twice as long as anywhere else.
Then why do you keep trying to make up other reasons for this project to exist? It's whole purpose is to be faster and cheaper, to prove that new management can get things done. That's it. Nothing more. No licensing issues or concern that The Twilight Zone will become too edgy. Just a faster and cheaper way to fulfill the franchise mandate.

AEfx

Then why do you keep trying to make up other reasons for this project to exist? It's whole purpose is to be faster and cheaper, to prove that new management can get things done. That's it. Nothing more. No licensing issues or concern that The Twilight Zone will become too edgy. Just a faster and cheaper way to fulfill the franchise mandate.

I haven't been making up anything. It's called analyzing the available facts and not jumping to conclusions based on my irrational hatred.

I don't believe that there is a "franchise mandate" and that they would take the tower down and spend the money period just on a whim. Particularly when as we have been discussing there are other options for the GoG franchise at WDW.

On a side note, I really tire of bickering with you so forgive me if I don't further reply. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you tend to be the most argumentative for the sake of it person on this board, you cannot let anyone state an opinion you do not agree with without burying the argument into the ground and rarely are anything but reactionary in your statements. You rely mainly on passion and not hard facts or evidence, and when you do have anything resembling a valid point it's usually just moving a goal post or unrelated to the actual topic someone is speaking about. Your mind is not open to anything other than your own ill will and contempt for the boogie men you have invented who run things, so it's really not worth wasting my time going on and on with you and making everyone else suffer through it.

rle4lunch

Well, they didn't exist, which is kind of why people wanted to see what they tasted like.
Speaking of which, what 40-something kid doesn't still wonder what blue milk tastes like?

main-qimg-ff6a0033e7c6a0b44f7499d557942fe2-c

Well if it's anything like the black buns that Burger King sells, the, er, after effects will be out-of-this-world.

It tastes like Booberry cereal milk, after you've eaten the cereal. :)

jpeden

In the Parks
No
No issues. Martin and I know each other. We respect each other. He is a friend. ... I think I answered this in another post tonight. I do not think both of these projects are happening. Do I think they may both be in development with only one getting the OK? Yes, I absolutely believe that is the case right now.

That makes sense - I can understand why they would plan multiple projects and then only greenlight one of them for various reasons.

Bairstow

to me this makes more sense... leave ToT as is, use RRC for the guardians overlay
They won't be able to take Rockin Rollercoaster offline for years. At this point I think the most likely scenario will be that they partially demo Energy and build a new drop tower there that clones the California version of "Mission Breakout".

Last edited:

asianway

Two other notes on Marvel, ToT and WDW:

1.) There is absolutely NO, none, nada, zero, zilch, NO truth to the idea that the rights are up and Disney doesn't want to pay them or CBS is looking for a huge pay raise. It's just Internet/fanboi/CM/Lifestyler myth;
2.) Have heard that Doctor Strange is an IP that Disney can use at WDW, but haven't checked into it ... well, largely because I don't care.
Saw some CM on the tweeter claim the current tell-a-cast says the new Dr Strange skit starts Friday at DHS - and they did indeed do a casting call for an actor to do the walk around/host whatever it will be. Dr Strange seems clear - he didnt become an Avenger until after the Uni deal was inked and isnt depicted anywhere in IOA to my knowledge.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They won't be able to take Rockin Rollercoaster offline for years. At this point I think the most likely scenario will be that they partially demo Energy and build a new drop tower there that clones the California version of "Mission Breakout".

we don't need 2 drop towers just with different themes... how about they create something new and exciting (they can still do that can't they???)

Bairstow

we don't need 2 drop towers just with different themes... how about they create something new and exciting (they can still do that can't they???)
They could, but why waste the money developing 2 different rides? It's the same reason all the new Star Wars land stuff will be built as duplicates. Mind you, I have exactly zero inside information, but EPCOT always needs more thrill rides and I can't see Disney doubling their development costs.

Did anyone see how high the last height balloon test was in this part of the park?

Donaldfan1934

I couldn't disagree with you more. Two parts. The pirates in WDW now is nothing like the pirates when it opened. All the changes they have made (not counting fresh coat of paint) have made the ride worse not better. Secondly the version in WDW is the worst one of them all and it's not even close. I have road them all except the new one in China and they are amazing and you can ride them again and again. The one in WDW I will ride once because I feel I have to. I really wish they rebuilt it from the ground up but they won't. Better chance they rebrand it rescuers down under.
I agree with your points on the ride's decline over the years and inferiority to the other versions, I was just saying that @WDW1974's point about the quality of its maintenance has been outdated for about a year.

GiveMeTheMusic

They could, but why waste the money developing 2 different rides? It's the same reason all the new Star Wars land stuff will be built as duplicates. Mind you, I have exactly zero inside information, but EPCOT always needs more thrill rides and I can't see Disney doubling their development costs.

Did anyone see how high the last height balloon test was in this part of the park?

If GOTG goes forward at Energy, it will not be a drop tower. It will be a coaster, as stated by Spirit and Martin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom