A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Bairstow

I agree with your points on the ride's decline over the years and inferiority to the other versions, I was just saying that @WDW1974's point about the quality of its maintenance has been outdated for about a year.

From a rider's perspective, definitely. Everything looks and moves great and the new boats no longer get your pants and underwear wet.

Still, I'd read a lot of reports from cast members that the show building itself is rotting- maybe that's still an ongoing issue.

Donaldfan1934

From a rider's perspective, definitely. Everything looks and moves great and the new boats no longer get your pants and underwear wet.

Still, I'd read a lot of reports from cast members that the show building itself is rotting- maybe that's still an ongoing issue.
Very interesting. Its unfortunate that they didn't get the year long refurb that was intended to fix the backstage issues and extend the ride as well.

GiveMeTheMusic

Because if tthere's one thing we learned the last couple days, it's that Disney has a solid plan of what they're doing with Guardians that won't change

There have obviously been competing proposals, but none of them involve cloning DCA's TOT in Epcot. If they go that direction, they have TOT ready to be taken over at DHS.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just kinda assumed Star Tours was gonna be a part of Star Wars Land. isn't it like right by the entrance of SWL?

No, Muppet Courtyard is in the way. The only possibility left of connecting them is a walkway/tunnel/conveyor that goes behind Muppets over what is now the DHS tollbooth to hook up with SWL in a back entrance sort of way without somehow interfering with backstage. That area could possibly be used for expanding SWL instead of the more likely new parking lot. But, it would be neat that after going on Star Tours, you take a people-mover through some hallways and emerge in SWL. It would seem like you actually traveled to a galaxy far away.

Bairstow

No, Muppet Courtyard is in the way. The only possibility left of connecting them is a walkway/tunnel/conveyor that goes behind Muppets over what is now the DHS tollbooth to hook up with SWL in a back entrance sort of way without somehow interfering with backstage. That area could possibly be used for expanding SWL instead of the more likely new parking lot. But, it would be neat that after going on Star Tours, you take a people-mover through some hallways and emerge in SWL. It would seem like you actually traveled to a galaxy far away.

I still think they should have moved studios drive and built the thing in the southwest parking lot.

aladdin2007

Exactly. There is a shift of manpower around various projects meaning certain things can't happen until more pressing things are done.

That's a good thing in this case right? I mean maybe someone will come to their sense and decide not to destroy ToT in the meantime. If they can convince chappie I guess and change his mind,,,hes the one bullying this I suspect.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes mostly because the coaster concept actually sounds like it could be an impressive attraction. GoTG tower is lateral in the absolute best case scenario.

I don't understand why TDO is so adverse to just building something new, without replacement. They operate like increasing capacity would kill them.

It's like someone took Eisner's market research too literally and thought that since guests are satisfied with 8-10 rides in a visit, there really is no need to actually have more than 9 physical rides - total! One to seasonally close down for refurbs and 8 for guest's pure satisfaction.

It's because Disney is driven by 'Numbers Guys' and the problem with companies run by 'Numbers Guys' is you ALWAYS get what you measure because they are entirely driven by 'metrics' they never consider that perhaps they are measuring the WRONG things for the wrong reasons

Bairstow

It's because Disney is driven by 'Numbers Guys' and the problem with companies run by 'Numbers Guys' is you ALWAYS get what you measure because they are entirely driven by 'metrics' they never consider that perhaps they are measuring the WRONG things for the wrong reasons

Care to elaborate on what you think they should be measuring?

DinoInstitute

Yes, it's a butchered Cliff Notes version but it's clearly a fan favorite out here, even in it's inferior form. I've ridden both, love them both. For some folks, it seems like it's not ok that we love the DCA version because it's not as good as the DHS version.
This is just my personal opinion which I know a lot of people might not really agree with, but the reason I'm not as upset about DCA's tower is that it's not ruining something like what DHS's tower would ruin in the surrounding land. For DHS, Sunset Blvd is one of the best lands all around in WDW, and this single move would ruin all of the theme completely. In DCA, it's really not messing with the theme of the area or the park than anything else that already has changed it.

we don't need 2 drop towers just with different themes... how about they create something new and exciting (they can still do that can't they???)
If we can have multiple coasters, boat rides, omnimovers, regular dark rides, simulators, I don't see having more than one drop tower an issue.

actually... why don't they wait until Star Wars Land opens and then use Star Tours as the Guardians attraction?
That's what I have been saying this entire time. They want to find some way to get GotG into the parks, I have to imagine a Star Tours replacement would be by far the quickest, cheapest and easiest. Simulator films can't be that hard to replace, and the futuristic theming of ST can be remodeled into some other type of sci-fi setting from GotG.

It would be cool and has been something thought up by many on here, though it's been said that this is not in the plans at all.

asianway

This is just my personal opinion which I know a lot of people might not really agree with, but the reason I'm not as upset about DCA's tower is that it's not ruining something like what DHS's tower would ruin in the surrounding land. For DHS, Sunset Blvd is one of the best lands all around in WDW, and this single move would ruin all of the theme completely. In DCA, it's really not messing with the theme of the area or the park than anything else that already has changed it.

If we can have multiple coasters, boat rides, omnimovers, regular dark rides, simulators, I don't see having more than one drop tower an issue.

That's what I have been saying this entire time. They want to find some way to get GotG into the parks, I have to imagine a Star Tours replacement would be by far the quickest, cheapest and easiest. Simulator films can't be that hard to replace, and the futuristic theming of ST can be remodeled into some other type of sci-fi setting from GotG.

It would be cool and has been something thought up by many on here, though it's been said that this is not in the plans at all.
Really the ideal way to do SWL would be to build a Hogwarts type conveyance across world Drive and build it there. Youd still have SOA for more explansion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom