A Spirited Perfect Ten

rael ramone

Just in case you were wondering why Bob announced Star Wars Land at the Studios presentation.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-themed-lands-could-816103
Not sure it worked though.
View attachment 106796

I think he would have announced it anyway... at least in Anaheim the CCP can't hold you in your hotel and prevent your appearance :eek:

Bernstein downgraded them, and they are down about 5% again, on heavy volume. (Low today so far is $100.65. I believe if it closes down here we can have the ESPN Bear sitting on the shelf next to Duffy).

Could go down more on the next downgrade. But the entire market is going down and it's no longer considered 'safe' like a utility or a company that makes soap. It has risk, and this a time that a lot of people like to say 'Risk Off'. The bottom may not be in...

D23 (so far) has had no effect on the stock price

fgmnt

Thats a damn good question. Should be slower at the other three parks.
Ghost-like at Epcot and the third gate. Animal Kingdom didn't seem to have a lot of people either but Animal Kingdom gets really unpleasant in August heat and humidity so we were only there for 3 hours. Standing still under a shaded shelter at 10 am and dripping sweat... pass.

PhotoDave219

Ghost-like at Epcot and the third gate. Animal Kingdom didn't seem to have a lot of people either but Animal Kingdom gets really unpleasant in August heat and humidity so we were only there for 3 hours. Standing still under a shaded shelter at 10 am and dripping sweat... pass.

Well theres a reason that when I lived in Orlando that I would only visit DAK in Dec-Feb unless I had friends visiting.

rael ramone

Thoughts on D23 announcements:

Ranges from Potentially Great (Star Wars Land, Skipper Restaurant) to Replacing Culture With A Low Capacity Ride That Has No Hope Of Meeting Demand In A Park That Has Little Else To Offer Much Of The Target Audience (Frozen).

But top to bottom it looks like a positive. Avatar may not resonate in the slightest to most, but since much of what's great in the swamps has no prior IP attached to it, a weak IP can still be a quality addition if the attraction is good (and if it doesn't catch on maybe they can convert it to Roger Deans Yesland with Soarin Through Topographic Oceans:D).

But there has to be Follow Through (we don't want Coffee Book fodder). Maintain Quality through Maintenance & Cleanliness. Make guests feel they are getting a Premium Experience with their Premium Vacation Dollar. And don't let the new stuff give you an excuse to cut back in the stuff that isn't new.

That's how you can change the narrative among many of the fans (though not with the investment community)...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Very little has been announced and not built in the last 20 years, so what you are saying isn't at all accurate.

I'd argue that point but there is no sense in going back and forth, My view is I no longer believe TWDC announcements for additions until I see construction any longer there have been enough of them not built and/or severely cut back (NFL) that I look at TWDC's announcements as marketing fluff until ground truth is acheived.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'd argue that point but there is no sense in going back and forth, My view is I no longer believe TWDC announcements for additions until I see construction any longer there have been enough of them not built and/or severely cut back (NFL) that I look at TWDC's announcements as marketing fluff until ground truth is acheived.
Fair enough, but it's a view that isn't grounded in reality. :)

fgmnt

wow guys, you all so weak ;)

The park has four indoor attractions if I recall correctly. 1 ride, 3 shows. There are more indoor attractions in Tomorrowland at MK than there are in the entirety of DAK. Granted the indoor attraction roster at Tomorrowland includes the oldest attraction and two of the lowest rated and least in demand experiences on the property, but can a guy get some A/C?

doctornick

The park has four indoor attractions if I recall correctly. 1 ride, 3 shows. There are more indoor attractions in Tomorrowland at MK than there are in the entirety of DAK. Granted the indoor attraction roster at Tomorrowland includes the oldest attraction and two of the lowest rated and least in demand experiences on the property, but can a guy get some A/C?

Well, they are adding 2 more indoor rides and being open at night, so that should help with the heat.

DisDan

Well, they are adding 2 more indoor rides and being open at night, so that should help with the heat.

So do you think that AK Park Hours will be similar to those of MK? Do you think AK will be open till Midnight? Are Fireworks going to be part of this Rivers of Light show they are adding? I wasn't sure if they were allowed to do Fireworks at AK because of the animals.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So do you think that AK Park Hours will be similar to those of MK? Do you think AK will be open till Midnight? Are Fireworks going to be part of this Rivers of Light show they are adding? I wasn't sure if they were allowed to do Fireworks at AK because of the animals.
I wouldn't expect any fireworks. There may be some low level pyro, fire etc, but nothing that you would consider aerial fireworks.

I think hours will be something similar to the Studios - around the 10pm on typical days.

Nubs70

Nah, I just dont like changing clothes every few hours....
That is where I got the idea for my latest patent, "Cornstarch Boxers".

Testing didn't go well. While highly absorbent, comfortable, and fun, 45 minutes after Mexican food you suddenly disappear into the middle of a white cloud. This is a design flaw for which I could not get insured. The liability for automobile accidents alone was prohibitive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom