A Spirited Perfect Ten

Disneyhead'71

Nah, I just dont like changing clothes every few hours....
I dress in only microfiber for 6 months out of the year. I dry off in about 10 mins. when I get in the A/C.

When Halloween rolls around and I put jeans on for the first time in 6 months, I feel like I can barely move.

"How do people wear these things? I can barely move!"

FigmentJedi

Nah Banksy is amazing. This is fantastic piece of art work.
And it's totally original and not a ripoff of something Disney's already done themselves.;)

Epic-Mickey-Concept-Art-Jordan_Lamarre-Wan_12b.jpg

The Sea World gag is kinda clever, but that's it.

culturenthrills

I dress in only microfiber for 6 months out of the year. I dry off in about 10 mins. when I get in the A/C.

When Halloween rolls around and I put jeans on for the first time in 6 months, I feel like I can barely move.

"How do people wear these things? I can barely move!"

Yeah, been here 9 1/2 years and I still won't put on jeans until it gets below 60. I will not wuss out. Definitely have learned the joy of wearing cool fit shirts under my work polo in this heat.

TalkingHead

Banksy continues to make a buck from acting like a pretentious 14 year old edgelord on deviantArt with his new project, Dismaland.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/welcome-dismaland-street-artist-banksys-strange-theme-park-n413266

Wondered if/when someone would mention Dismaland. I'm a huge fan of Exit Through the Gift Shop, so maybe I'm biased, but I was intrigued by the photos/video I saw of Dismaland.

Part of Banksy's allure is how he unexpectedly transforms public spaces. This is slightly different since there's no public space juxtaposed with his nightmarish images. It's pure nightmare -- not sure if it crosses the line of self-parody.

Unsurprising that a lot of Disney fans weren't impressed.

FigmentJedi

Wondered if/when someone would mention Dismaland. I'm a huge fan of Exit Through the Gift Shop, so maybe I'm biased, but I was intrigued by the photos/video I saw of Dismaland.

Part of Banksy's allure is how he unexpectedly transforms public spaces. This is slightly different since there's no public space juxtaposed with his nightmarish images. It's pure nightmare -- not sure if it crosses the line of self-parody.

The thing is, edgy Disney stuff is super overdone. There's the endless collections of "Post-Apocalyptic Disney World" photoshops, the edgy goth/punk/alternative Disney Princess redesign fanart, those freaking gallery shows trying to be edgy with merging Disney characters and domestic abuse, drug/sex scandals, all those clickbait Cartoon Theories that all end in "It was just some kid's purgatory/coma dream". And that's not even getting into the mountains of rule 34 and weird fanart on the internet.

I think there's a better artistic statement in doing stuff mocking the desire to make cartoons edgy then just making cartoons edgy at this point.

PhotoDave219

Im very curious about it. The lady being attacked by seagulls bench was hillarious. The flipped Cinderella coach/paparazi piece to tally brough back echos of Princess Diana.

All in all, its art. I'm fine with it.

Cesar R M

The park has four indoor attractions if I recall correctly. 1 ride, 3 shows. There are more indoor attractions in Tomorrowland at MK than there are in the entirety of DAK. Granted the indoor attraction roster at Tomorrowland includes the oldest attraction and two of the lowest rated and least in demand experiences on the property, but can a guy get some A/C?
Dont most sit down restaurants have A/c and a lot of areas have water style high speed fans?

Cesar R M

That is where I got the idea for my latest patent, "Cornstarch Boxers".

Testing didn't go well. While highly absorbent, comfortable, and fun, 45 minutes after Mexican food you suddenly disappear into the middle of a white cloud. This is a design flaw for which I could not get insured. The liability for automobile accidents alone was prohibitive.
Please do not put " Mexican food" in the same group as "Taco Bell Diarreha inducing food"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wouldn't Africa have been an odd fit for the WS anyway since it's a continent, not a country? The rest of WS is Countries.
It would have been unique as a region and not a country. Equatorial Africa is considered an ambiguous term anyway to suggest one of several countries, an area and a region. Not quite a continent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom