A Spirited Perfect Ten

MerlinTheGoat

Kind of sounds like what I read was planned for Westcot. I recall reading that Westcot was going to use regions comprised of multiple countries sharing cultural similarities, as opposed to EPCOT's individual countries for each pavilion.

MerlinTheGoat

tumblr_la90gvsVhR1qafxgdo1_500.jpg
Looks like Toy Story Mania during a power outage. :p

rael ramone

The park has four indoor attractions if I recall correctly. 1 ride, 3 shows. There are more indoor attractions in Tomorrowland at MK than there are in the entirety of DAK. Granted the indoor attraction roster at Tomorrowland includes the oldest attraction and two of the lowest rated and least in demand experiences on the property, but can a guy get some A/C?

I remember riding the Wildlife Express Train on a very humid day and the conductor/announcer/whatever on the train mentioned over-and-over-and-over that the Conservation Station was an air conditioned building. (Between the controllable cameras, slate of animal checkups/surgeries, and they still had the Rafiki animal films, spent a good amount of time that day in that A/C).

Last trip I found the best a/c was found in the stores (and for some peculiar reason the store in Norway where they were selling Helly Hanson gear was the coldest room in the swamps). I recall walking past the Emporium in the MK, feeling a blast of cool when I past every open door. Attractions, on the other hand, it wasn't unusual for some to have a temperature that gives you a 'clammy, sick in bed feeling' - kind of like it is 2am in a resort room and the motion control shuts off your A/C :mad:

And for the record, since you brought up Tomorrowland attractions, even 2am in a resort room with the A/C off is better than being in Stitch.:eek:

culturenthrills

I remember riding the Wildlife Express Train on a very humid day and the conductor/announcer/whatever on the train mentioned over-and-over-and-over that the Conservation Station was an air conditioned building. (Between the controllable cameras, slate of animal checkups/surgeries, and they still had the Rafiki animal films, spent a good amount of time that day in that A/C).

Last trip I found the best a/c was found in the stores (and for some peculiar reason the store in Norway where they were selling Helly Hanson gear was the coldest room in the swamps). I recall walking past the Emporium in the MK, feeling a blast of cool when I past every open door. Attractions, on the other hand, it wasn't unusual for some to have a temperature that gives you a 'clammy, sick in bed feeling' - kind of like it is 2am in a resort room and the motion control shuts off your A/C :mad:

And for the record, since you brought up Tomorrowland attractions, even 2am in a resort room with the A/C off is better than being in Stitch.:eek:

Don't get me started on WDWattractions and some restaurants AC levels the last few years. You should not feel sweaty and uncomfortable on a ride or while you eat. Whereas Universal it is like you have stepped into a refrigerator. But yeah Disney keeps that AC cranking in the shops.

rael ramone

Today $DIS down more, but not as much as the market as a whole - but broke $100. High volume, so buyers are coming in and (today at least) are keeping it from falling as hard as the rest of the market.

Cramer (who has been one of the Weathermans biggest cheerleaders) last night said it has more downside ahead of it.

lazyboy97o

Kind of sounds like what I read was planned for Westcot. I recall reading that Westcot was going to use regions comprised of multiple countries sharing cultural similarities, as opposed to EPCOT's individual countries for each pavilion.
Four Corners of the World: Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa. SamLand has a great seven part write up on the original Disneyland Resort plans that included WESTCOT Center.

Mat Cauthon

It's 4:43 am and I'm standing outside the Brevard Co. Sheriff's office. 80 degrees, 90% humidity. And I sweating so much my glasses are fogging up.
I was about to say it was likely the 4:43 am visit to the Sheriff's office making you sweat and fog up like that. Luckily I saw you're a news photographer so I figured heat and humidity beat deviant lifestyle in this case :D.

asianway

Today $DIS down more, but not as much as the market as a whole - but broke $100. High volume, so buyers are coming in and (today at least) are keeping it from falling as hard as the rest of the market.

Cramer (who has been one of the Weathermans biggest cheerleaders) last night said it has more downside ahead of it.
So he changed his tune when an idiot could tell it was overvalued? Cramer is to Wall Street as Ricky is to WDPR Social Media

Mat Cauthon

Yeah. A Brevard Co. sheriff's deputy was shot last night. That gets the media's attention.

Nah, then it would have said "It's 80 degrees, 90% humidity, I'm sweating like a pig, and I just puked in the bushes."
Dang, that sure seems to be a national hot topic these days. But that is a spidery discussion best left off these boards. You puking would have been better for my attempt at levity.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I seem to recall a few of the contrarian analysts saying $DIS was worth a range of $90-$95, Still glad I sold most of my holding at $114 (bought at $40).

Here's the sharp end for Disney, TWC and Comcast would be hurt if all their customers dropped their cable, However since the two of them provide internet access for most US households they STILL would have a good business actually a better business because the cost of their product is going DOWN for both IP transit costs and the price of network equipment in general and there are no signs that people are dropping off the 'Net

$DIS OTOH has no distribution other than the ABC OTA network so their media business is far more vulnerable to 'cable cutters' and 'cable shavers'.

They should have shored up P&R a LONG time ago because I don't think media networks are going to be their #1 business in 5 years, Sports will take a hit as well as the teams will no longer have the giant swimming pools of money from the cable networks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom