A Spirited Perfect Ten

peter11435

Eh, that's splitting a hair there. They changed the name, purpose, and layout. Other than location every aspect of the project appeared to be canned.
They changed the concept. But the point of the project was to revitalize and reopen the area formerly known as Pleasure Island. That is still happening and on a much grander scale.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

Just in case you were wondering why Bob announced Star Wars Land at the Studios presentation.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-themed-lands-could-816103
Not sure it worked though.
image.jpg

ctrlaltdel

Just in case you were wondering why Bob announced Star Wars Land at the Studios presentation.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-themed-lands-could-816103
Not sure it worked though.
View attachment 106796
Yeah, Disney has been pretty hard hit over the past few weeks, mostly due to Disney losing subscribers from cable (mostly ESPN). That's their biggest money maker, have to think that they will move quickly to create a service to subscribe to ESPN online/create their own entertainment streaming service (i.e Disney version of Netflix). The stock was kinda overvalued anyways, so it falling a bit back down to earth is no surprise.

peter11435

You seem to have forgotten the concept of a Disney park, To have something for EVERYONE in the family to enjoy, Not to have all attractions suitable for a toddler.
Haha.. I'm not the one that seems to have forgotten that. Earlier you argued they should have built something that would have appealed only to little girls. Which is the exact opposite of something for EVERYONE.

The concept is to have things that appeal to EVERYONE to experience TOGETHER. Not boys attractions and girls attractions.

PhotoDave219

Slight change of topic.....

Caught back up with my fun crowd level project and noticed something dubious.

So far this year, out of 230 days, MK has pulled 89 peak days while they've only had 86 days that were 5 or below. They're pulling peak crowds more than they're having average and below days.

That doesnt sound pleasant whatsoever.

wogwog

So far this year, out of 230 days, MK has pulled 89 peak days while they've only had 86 days that were 5 or below. They're pulling peak crowds more than they're having average and below days.

One reason, among many, I have been in the MK one day this year. It was purgatoryish to say the least. Visited Uni twice, not much better, lasted about five hours and bailed. On the other hand, have many cruises completed and several more on the calendar coming up.

stini228

Ugh. Too bad the other parks won't be more attractive for a few years now.

Cesar R M

if this trend continues, I bet you will be like Billy Mays in a commercial..
but_wait_theres_more.jpg
(as in more people)

peter11435

Weren't there signs promising countries in Epcot (I'm thinking Spain and an African country but won't swear to it) that never came to pass? I believe they were referenced in the Epcot TV special, as well.
There were. Spain, Israel, Africa, Soviet Union, and Switzerland have all been promoted at some point. But that was all in the 80's. He specifically asked about the last 20 years.

lazyboy97o

LOL Ok shopping area with restaurants and entertainment to shopping area with restaurant and entertainment same purpose in my eyes.
That's like saying a small general store is the same as a Walmart. Hyperion Wharf had a big emphasis on just dealing with the blight of empty buildings by removing them. It was not really an additive plan or extended beyond Pleasure Island.

gmajew

Premium Member
That's like saying a small general store is the same as a Walmart. Hyperion Wharf had a big emphasis on just dealing with the blight of empty buildings by removing them. It was not really an additive plan or extended beyond Pleasure Island.

So the only plan anyone can say they did not build is the plan they realized sucked and decided to way plus it to something way better. Guess then they did ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom