A Spirited Perfect Ten

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
did not realize that lawrence kasdan wrote SW-TFA..
thats huge for my money.

I belive Michael Arndt (toy story 3) was originally brought in to do the script... he was released a few months later for the current writer. Originally people speculated that it was just for finishing touches but then it sounded like it was a whole gut and replace. Not sure as it was all rumor. Funny side note Michael Ardnt's brother is a proff at Kutztown University in PA. (my alma mater) while I did not have him as a teacher my friend did n when asked about the film he went off... Aprently he's a little jellous of his brothers work lol

truecoat

I belive Michael Arndt (toy story 3) was originally brought in to do the script... he was released a few months later for the current writer. Originally people speculated that it was just for finishing touches but then it sounded like it was a whole gut and replace. Not sure as it was all rumor. Funny side note Michael Ardnt's brother is a proff at Kutztown University in PA. (my alma mater) while I did not have him as a teacher my friend did n when asked about the film he went off... Aprently he's a little jellous of his brothers work lol

Something along the lines of JJ wanting this film to feature the Big Three (Luke, Han and Leia) more prominently and that's why the rewrite. Looks like Rian Johnson is writing 8 and 9 along with directing 8. He directed 2 of the best episodes of Breaking Bad and his film Looper was pretty good. I have high hopes.

Tigger1988

People can claim Disney is overpriced but it's nowhere near the insanity of Six Flags. Made my first visit to Great Adventure in 5+ years and things have changed big time.

$80+ to get in if you don't have a discount/buy in advance.
If you buy a ticket in advance you have to pick a day and you're locked into that day. Rained out? You're SOL. Imagine if other parks did that?!

$25 to park
$1 for lockers at every ride. You are stopped at ride entrances if you have anything with you, a bag, an iPhone...see yourself to the lockers.
$60 for 3 people to eat a counter service meal.
They even had "family driers" outside water rides for $3. Literally no opportunity to make money was passed by.

invader

Is this just lose articles, or are they patting people down like at Islands of Adventure?
We went to Magic Mountain recently and didn't run into the locker problem except for on X2 which I completely understood. If you had anything they made you put it in a locker. $1 for a locker is ridiculous though seeing as it should be free.

Full on TSA cavity search?
Metal detectors and if they go off, you get the wand. If they find anything, back to the lockers you go.

Cesar R M

People can claim Disney is overpriced but it's nowhere near the insanity of Six Flags. Made my first visit to Great Adventure in 5+ years and things have changed big time.

If you buy a ticket in advance you have to pick a day and you're locked into that day. Rained out? You're SOL. Imagine if other parks did that?!

$25 to park
$1 for lockers at every ride. You are stopped at ride entrances if you have anything with you, a bag, an iPhone...see yourself to the lockers.
They even had "family driers" outside water rides for $3. Literally no opportunity to make money was passed by.
seems this is going to be the "future" of everything.
Going the "charge everything you can" strategy that was pushed very hard by airlines.

lobelia

It's absolutely wrong. It's wrong for the airlines, it's wrong by tech companies and its wrong by Disney.
I agree. It makes me feel disenchanted and it is not just because it depletes my pocketbook. It's more about the overall experience and reaching for more money every step along the way is annoying. I'll just grab my fishing pole and sit on the river bank.

OneDNP

$25 to park
Horrible.

One of our local parks got un-6Flagged a couple of years ago. $70 for a season pass that includes the water park, $1 soda, discount food, and free parking. Another park up the road offers free sunscreen and soda with admission. Both parks are decent quality and value for what you get, though in no way comparable to WDW, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom