A Spirited Perfect Ten

cheezbat

Horrible.

One of our local parks got un-6Flagged a couple of years ago. $70 for a season pass that includes the water park, $1 soda, discount food, and free parking. Another park up the road offers free sunscreen and soda with admission. Both parks are decent quality and value for what you get, though in no way comparable to WDW, of course.
I'm guessing you're talking about Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World...great parks for what you pay.

I honestly think Holiday World and Splashin' Safari is one of the best values in the entire country.

njDizFan

Horrible.

One of our local parks got un-6Flagged a couple of years ago. $70 for a season pass that includes the water park, $1 soda, discount food, and free parking. Another park up the road offers free sunscreen and soda with admission. Both parks are decent quality and value for what you get, though in no way comparable to WDW, of course.
I don't think I will ever set foot in Great Adventure again...not to mention in 8 hours you are lucky to get on 5 rides..horrible.

The Williamsburg flex/bounce pass was a great deal though. For $240 I got unlimitted passes for a week to BGW, Water Country and Colonial Williamsburg and they threw in free parking. That was for a family of 5. It's a great little park although and(unfortunately for them) everything was practiaclly walk on.

Mouse Trap

People can claim Disney is overpriced but it's nowhere near the insanity of Six Flags. Made my first visit to Great Adventure in 5+ years and things have changed big time.

$80+ to get in if you don't have a discount/buy in advance.
If you buy a ticket in advance you have to pick a day and you're locked into that day. Rained out? You're SOL. Imagine if other parks did that?!

$25 to park
$1 for lockers at every ride. You are stopped at ride entrances if you have anything with you, a bag, an iPhone...see yourself to the lockers.
$60 for 3 people to eat a counter service meal.
They even had "family driers" outside water rides for $3. Literally no opportunity to make money was passed by.

Wow. I never once thought in my life I would look at the price insanity at WDW and think it ain't all that bad...

lazyboy97o

exactly!!! (my post wasnt a real question just fyi lol )

Lets not forget how " free games" and even " full games" also are more focused on microtransactions than real content.
A la carte services are often desired by many consumers. It means paying for exactly what you want and get. It's the very reason people hate evenly splitting the bill for a meal. Stuff like Six Flags' locker policy is poor because it is duplicitous regarding the cost of a day's admission and there is no significant amount of choice.

TP2000

Wow. I never once thought in my life I would look at the price insanity at WDW and think it ain't all that bad...

Most Six Flags parks around the big cities are charging at that level of insanity.

Six Flags Magic Mountain north of downtown Los Angeles by 45 minutes charges $25 to park, which is Six Flags standard. They run two rickety old trams for the long walk from the parking lots to the entrance, but just for fun that walk is uphill so most folks put up with it and wait in long lines for the tram. And then when you finally get there, you are at... a Six Flags park. :(

Tigger1988

I don't think I will ever set foot in Great Adventure again...not to mention in 8 hours you are lucky to get on 5 rides..horrible.

The Williamsburg flex/bounce pass was a great deal though. For $240 I got unlimitted passes for a week to BGW, Water Country and Colonial Williamsburg and they threw in free parking. That was for a family of 5. It's a great little park although and(unfortunately for them) everything was practiaclly walk on.
We went on a rainy day that ended up being beautiful. Got on 10+ rides in 5 hours. We lucked out in that sense.

Cesar R M

A la carte services are often desired by many consumers. It means paying for exactly what you want and get. It's the very reason people hate evenly splitting the bill for a meal. Stuff like Six Flags' locker policy is poor because it is duplicitous regarding the cost of a day's admission and there is no significant amount of choice.
Microtransactions rarely have much to do with " a la carte" .

Most games are filling into the dreaded " pay to win" .
Nothing to do with " exactly what people wanted" .

Airliners didn't reduce prices with the introduction of the new charges, they blamed fat people and prices of gas (that now are pretty stable in the low end).
Also the fact that they now cramp more and more (and smaller) seats in less space in each plane and then offer you " premium" (exactly what you used to get for the same price before..).
Bonus for those " low cost" airlines that cost like normal airlines.. but yet you have to pay for every.. single.. thing..

so, let's say I disagree with you.

PhotoDave219

Microtransactions rarely have much to do with " a la carte" .

Most games are filling into the dreaded " pay to win" .
Nothing to do with " exactly what people wanted" .

Airliners didn't reduce prices with the introduction of the new charges, they blamed fat people and prices of gas (that now are pretty stable in the low end).
Also the fact that they now cramp more and more (and smaller) seats in less space in each plane and then offer you " premium" (exactly what you used to get for the same price before..).
Bonus for those " low cost" airlines that cost like normal airlines.. but yet you have to pay for every.. single.. thing..

so, let's say I disagree with you.

I wanna know what you're disagreeing with but not enough to click "show ignored content." Again, reinforcing my judgements and decision making.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom