A Spirited Perfect Ten

SJN1279

Those numbers are too low. TT is 16-1800 and Splash is just over 2200.

Still waiting to hear where you heard the switches and layout were being changed? Can you tell us please?

I didn't hear either, I was just wondering if they were. Very little info about this refurb has been released. And if the new attractions in 2014 taught us anything, a ton of misinformation by us will be distributed online before we have hard facts.

I also think your numbers for Splash and Test Track are a tad bit high.

Rasvar

To make that happen, you would need the ticket holder to declare in advance which day they are going so that you could guarantee admission to the people paying the higher price. But that just adds more pre-planning which most people seem to hate.

They are moving in that direction. The program for buying tickets for staff and students through my university has changed in the last few months. It used to be just buy the number of days and options you want. You now have to enter an arrival and departure date before you can purchase the tickets. The tickets will automatically only be good during a 14 day period from the start of the arrival date you stated. Plus these tickets are blacked out on December 31 and Jan 1. There used to be a non-expiration option but that has now been removed as an option. If you try to schedule outside of a 14 day window, it won't let you. So they are halfway there.

gmajew

Premium Member
Back to the CEO commentary usually in most public or big companies the CEO out stays his good for the company. Eisner time had came and it was time for him to leave, that being said at the time Iger was the right man for the job on what the company needed at that time. Now his time has passed and it is time for another to step up and lead the company. Disney now has the tools and assets in its portfolio for some incredible stuff but we need a visionary to use these things. If they don't get it with a CEO they need to get a second in line position that is purely visionary. They need someone like Jobs had at Apple with Johnathon Ive

Rasvar

Did you see it in person or basing it on a YouTube video?

I ask because the one time I watched something before I saw it (the original WoC, as I was supposed to be at the premiere, but a family issue prevented me) I thought it looked lousy. Turns out I loved it when I saw it as the clip doesn't convey the real feel of the experience of viewing it live.

I did see it on YouTube. I've seen the earlier versions in person and loved it. So, maybe there would be a different vibe in person. However, looking at this one on the video, it seemed like the DHS version of Fantasmic compared to the DL version. Seemed just as disjointed as the DHS Fantasmic feels to me. Maybe I wouldn't feel that way if I hadn't already seen the previous WOC versions in person.

PhotoDave219

I would pay more if it means I would have a nice quiet day in MK.... I would love to not feel like I am going to get run over going in between Small World and Peter Pan.... But then again I would also pay for a universal type express pass at WDW if it means I could just stroll at my own pace.

Yeah, a lot of people would. Unfortunately what I think/want isnt material here. I think Disney is going to shove it down our throats.

Rasvar

Yeah, a lot of people would. Unfortunately what I think/want isnt material here. I think Disney is going to shove it down our throats.
It sure seems like the plan is to reduce the number of off peak days by trying to find more ways to entice people to go during that time without offering discounts. Just try to make peak times expensive enough to cause more to come during off peak.

PhotoDave219

To make that happen, you would need the ticket holder to declare in advance which day they are going so that you could guarantee admission to the people paying the higher price. But that just adds more pre-planning which most people seem to hate.

Well Disney is a Vacation. Its not like we're invading Poland here and everything needs to be planned out.

When I'm on vacation, I like to relax and generally be spontanious and impulsive and do whatever. I refuse to follow a schedule for anything beyond Morning Aerobic Activities and Pancakes.

PhotoDave219

It sure seems like the plan is to reduce the number of off peak days by trying to find more ways to entice people to go during that time without offering discounts. Just try to make peak times expensive enough to cause more to come during off peak.

It dont see it as trying to balance out the peak crowd. I see it as squeezing the guests even more.

As for peak times? Over the 2 1/2 years of data I'm looking at, Its a solid 18-20% of the year consistent with Peak. So far, the pattern emerging is that it is always Christmas week, Thanksgiving week and Easter.

What I'm not seeing is any summertimes months being a peak time. They're just solid.

Off-Peak seems to fluxuate more. Still, needs more research/data to look at.

asianway

It dont see it as trying to balance out the peak crowd. I see it as squeezing the guests even more.

As for peak times? Over the 2 1/2 years of data I'm looking at, Its a solid 18-20% of the year consistent with Peak. So far, the pattern emerging is that it is always Christmas week, Thanksgiving week and Easter.

What I'm not seeing is any summertimes months being a peak time. They're just solid.

Off-Peak seems to fluxuate more. Still, needs more research/data to look at.
I see it as trying to drive a nail through the vacations of people who frequent the budget board.

Not everyone was meant to go to WDW every year. This was true in the 70s, it's true today

PhotoDave219

Its not that hard to find the history if you know where to look. June/July have consistently had significant blockouts for guests in MK in the past 3 years, thought July 4th Cast ID block is new this year. Total number of blockout dates from Jan-July at MK are up 41% over last year.

I believe most CM know that they are being blocked out more at MK, though the other 3 parks are relatively small increases in blockouts. (AK is the only one that has less blockouts Jan-July than they did last year)

Blocking out Maingates in the summer isnt necessary. A Cast ID Block is downright nasty.

Someone posted the link the other day for a page to the blockouts, including AP blockouts as well.

IMO its crap. The Cast gets treated like dogs by upper management.

lazyboy97o

If the CCP is forcing Iger to be away from the cameras in China, why did they send only one Deputy Governor of Pudong (there are three governors and six deputy governors of the Pudong New Area, a district within Shanghai) to be part of the press materials for the Disney Store opening?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom