A Spirited Perfect Ten

Rasvar

It dont see it as trying to balance out the peak crowd. I see it as squeezing the guests even more.

As for peak times? Over the 2 1/2 years of data I'm looking at, Its a solid 18-20% of the year consistent with Peak. So far, the pattern emerging is that it is always Christmas week, Thanksgiving week and Easter.

What I'm not seeing is any summertimes months being a peak time. They're just solid.

Off-Peak seems to fluxuate more. Still, needs more research/data to look at.

The reason i say that is because that Disney has to do a lot more costly things to drive crowds in the offseason. The extension of F&W and F&G in the number of weeks. Then you still have periods of trying to fill with hotel discounts and Disney Dining. They have zero issue filling during peak. So instead of discounting, you start to peak rate everything. There is still going to be a large crowd during peak. However, the ultimate goal will be to make off peak times look discounted without discounting. Success would be seen in either being able to end some of the free Disney Dining promotions or significantly reducing some of the resort discounts that are almost automatic during some parts of the year. You can raise the peak and make a slight deflection in the crowds (peak pricing will obviously be part of the resort Magic Your Way pricing for this to work also) while increasing the profits and maybe reducing the backend discounts which increases revenue again.

Rasvar

Well Disney is a Vacation. Its not like we're invading Poland here and everything needs to be planned out.

When I'm on vacation, I like to relax and generally be spontanious and impulsive and do whatever. I refuse to follow a schedule for anything beyond Morning Aerobic Activities and Pancakes.

Wait, now you are leaving out the anarchist who like to eat breakfast for dinner if we have to schedule our pancakes, assuming that the hours pancakes are offered will be limited to traditional morning hours as a cost cutting measure.

PhotoDave219

Wait, now you are leaving out the anarchist who like to eat breakfast for dinner if we have to schedule our pancakes, assuming that the hours pancakes are offered will be limited to traditional morning hours as a cost cutting measure.

Or the artist who likes to eat his morning aerobics and cover himself in syrup.

PhotoDave219

The reason i say that is because that Disney has to do a lot more costly things to drive crowds in the offseason. The extension of F&W and F&G in the number of weeks. Then you still have periods of trying to fill with hotel discounts and Disney Dining. They have zero issue filling during peak. So instead of discounting, you start to peak rate everything. There is still going to be a large crowd during peak. However, the ultimate goal will be to make off peak times look discounted without discounting. Success would be seen in either being able to end some of the free Disney Dining promotions or significantly reducing some of the resort discounts that are almost automatic during some parts of the year. You can raise the peak and make a slight deflection in the crowds (peak pricing will obviously be part of the resort Magic Your Way pricing for this to work also) while increasing the profits and maybe reducing the backend discounts which increases revenue again.

One of the things that I want to look at how much of an impact does free dining have on the crowds. Two years of data isn't enough to draw conclusions from.

suburbianj

NBC sports grill announced at City Walk

Looks pretty damn good to be hones...universal-orlando-citywalk-opening-fall-2015/
Universal Orlando Confirms NBC Sports-Themed Bar for CityWalk.jpg

Looks pretty damn good to be honest,another good addition to citywalk!Those outside screens look huge!

Rasvar

One of the things that I want to look at how much of an impact does free dining have on the crowds. Two years of data isn't enough to draw conclusions from.
View attachment 95317

Looks pretty damn good to be honest,another good addition to citywalk!Those outside screens look huge!

Oh my those outside screens. Just wait until you turn the corner and see and image like this greeting you:
fat-packer-fan.jpg

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think he hinted at it several months ago once Tom stags got his promotion…

Honestly, this is as surprising as the sun coming up every morning.
Nope, his only musing is that neither Rasulo nor Staggs has a good shot at CEO after Igers leaves. Nothing about Rasulo resigning this month. I agree that it may not be unexpected, since if Rasulo knows he has no chance at the top, he might leave for someplace where he does have a shot at a CEO job.

Oh, and so I predict that Tom Staggs will resign at some point.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, Jay Rasulo announces he is leaving (about two months later than I expected, but so what ...)

And the fanbois will ignorantly crow as if some giant evil has been removed from 'their' beloved company, totally missing the point that he was cut from the exact same cloth as Bob Iger and Tom Staggs. And so it goes ... and goes ...

Now, it will be painted that Jay Rasulo was the problem. The root of all evil at TWDC. Not the man who employed him in two highest level positions and not the guy who ultimately won the pig race with him to determine who Iger and some on Wall Street will front run to replace the Weatherman.

When you have massive cancer, removing a few cells doesn't cure the patient.

But, hey, do you see the numbers Age of Ultron pulled it?!?! And MK is soooo busy they really should charge $200 a day to keep the riff-raff out and we'll still be going and not dealing with crowds! And people who believe dining at the local food court's Panda Express somehow qualifies them to talk about doing business in China will continue to blather on about things they are totally ignorant about. And whores will Tweet pics from parties at the MK to their flocks, so they can feel special ... and the fan community as a whole gets what (sadly) the majority deserves. Yes Chewie, sadly we are home. The old place just ain't what it used to be.

MKCP 1985

So, Jay Rasulo announces he is leaving (about two months later than I expected, but so what ...)

And the fanbois will ignorantly crow as if some giant evil has been removed from 'their' beloved company, totally missing the point that he was cut from the exact same cloth as Bob Iger and Tom Staggs. And so it goes ... and goes ...

Now, it will be painted that Jay Rasulo was the problem. The root of all evil at TWDC. Not the man who employed him in two highest level positions and not the guy who ultimately won the pig race with him to determine who Iger and some on Wall Street will front run to replace the Weatherman.

He's leaving his post as CFO. So, the giant evil is leaving to do what, does one wonder? Running "The Gap?" Taking over at IBM? Not exactly . . .

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...post-advising-ceo-iger?cmpid=linkedin.company

He's taking a job as a special advisor to Bob Iger (until, you know, that CEO job comes along)

All together now, "Meet the new boss - same as the ..."

Shaman

Yes Chewie, sadly we are home. The old place just ain't what it used to be.

Maybe it's always been this way. "We" are the ones who have changed?

What woke "us" up? The food? The resort rates? The admission price? The weather? Favorite attraction was replaced? The cute CM doesn't say hello with a smile (and means it)? Maybe it was the fewer trees or fewer benches? Have to make all kinds of plans now, I hate you Disney. No wait, I think it's the Magic Bands and the weird tan you get when you wear them. No no...it's the crowds? People definitely suck.

Seriously though, I think IT isn't what it use to be, because we grew up (or cynical). We have seen the Kingdom and its Keeper for what they are...and decided that maybe we have better ways to spend our hard earned money.

Edit: My nephew still loves the place...but he's a toddler.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

But, hey, do you see the numbers Age of Ultron pulled it?!?! And MK is soooo busy they really should charge $200 a day to keep the riff-raff out and we'll still be going and not dealing with crowds! And people who believe dining at the local food court's Panda Express somehow qualifies them to talk about doing business in China will continue to blather on about things they are totally ignorant about. And whores will Tweet pics from parties at the MK to their flocks, so they can feel special ... and the fan community as a whole gets what (sadly) the majority deserves. Yes Chewie, sadly we are home. The old place just ain't what it used to be.

Darnit, WDW1974, even though you're right at least 99.9% of the time about Disney stuff, I'm going to stop reading your posts if they keep making me cry. :cry:

PhotoDave219

Nope, his only musing is that neither Rasulo nor Staggs has a good shot at CEO after Igers leaves. Nothing about Rasulo resigning this month. I agree that it may not be unexpected, since if Rasulo knows he has no chance at the top, he might leave for someplace where he does have a shot at a CEO job.

Oh, and so I predict that Tom Staggs will resign at some point.

If Staggs doesn't get Iger's job, I'd say he's gone within months.

gmajew

Premium Member
If Staggs doesn't get Iger's job, I'd say he's gone within months.

Agreed but if results start to struggle or the company outlook gets rocky none of the two will be considered. We still have what 3-5 years of Iger a lot can change in that time frame with any business. China goes bad... Movies tank... Parks see less traffic and profit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom