A Spirited Perfect Ten

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You go back to a model where the PRINCIPAL and TEACHERS runs the schools - many City school systems have 'Administrations' which are 30-40% of the size of the STUDENT BODY - and as a result no money actually makes it to the classroom with the predictable results.

Full Disclosure DW is a TEACHER.

I'm with you on that one.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Interesting that the stock price didn't dip at all with such a sizeable sale. Hum, wonder if someone's cashing in in preparation for retirement? Or a pending divorce. That's why George sold what became Pixar to Apple - so he could pay for the divorce from Wife #1. BTW, yesterday was his 71st birthday. Happy Birthday, George. And May The Force Be With You (and Disney not screw up Episode VII)

LAKid53

Premium Member
On that note, How will Willow make out with Verizon buying AOL? Does she still have a stake in HuffPost (whom was bought by AOL a few years back)

You know, at the rate mergers and acquisitions are going in Corporate America, the only communication companies will be Verizon and AT&T, entertainment Comcast and Disney, financial institutions BoA and Citi. Not a good scenario for competition. Or consumers.

Mat Cauthon

You missed the context.

We were discussing whether Disney should be patted on the head and given praise for doing the minimum requirements for Deluxe accommodations.
I gotcha. Context is everything and I got hung up on the word "expectations". Although I would still say even Disney deserves a "Hey thanks. Good job. Looks good" if (and I do mean IF) they meet a persons expectations of a Deluxe resort. Those expectations do seem to be a sliding scale in these parts though so I will leave that debate to everyone else :facepalm:. They have set the Disney Standard a bit above minimum requirements though IMO.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
How bout educators
And administrators

Difficult to let those with a tenured interest make decisions on standards. Someone from education with no financial/job security stake would be a better choice.

In the case of health care, we may see death boards that are hopefully not stocked full of insurance representatives and lobbyists....

*1023*

baymenxpac

Since ESPN's dealings come up in this thread periodically, I'm surprised there wasn't more discussion of the de facto firing of Bill Simmons. Whether you love him or hate him (or ambivalently follow his work), there's no question that he was one of the ESPN personalities who made the Worldwide Leader more interesting (and not "interesting" in a Skip Bayless, et al. type of way).

Evidently, SI reported today that Simmons won't be seen again on any ESPN platforms including Grantland even though his contract doesn't expire until September (I think that's the month).

One might be tempted to say that ESPN mismanaged this situation and lost a major talent who added some modicum of credibility to the network's lineup. If nothing else, his podcasts, the 30 for 30 series, and his Grantland work diversified ESPN's content.

Doesn't look like Iger minds losing him, though. Judging from his picture behind Jon Barry (as a fellow Jacket, it pains me to say he's one of the worst commentators in the business) and Mike "Don't Call Me Black" Tirico, mannequin Bob is the newest Clippers fan. He jumped on the bandwagon just in time to see the Clippers to blow a 3-1 lead, and like most LA fans, he couldn't care less.

ESPN really doesn't want personalities anymore. chris berman is really the only one who remains, and he's essentially grandfathered in. look at sportscenter (which i haven't done much of in the last decade). every anchor is just becoming a faceless cyborg. i get why. personality creates volatility, and ESPN's current business model is about being an extension of athlete's brands (must we be reminded about "the decision?"), not about substantive reporting on their subjects (which is what made the network stand out and take hold in the first place).

simmons was a draw, no question, but now that grantland is a full-integrated part of the machine, there's no reason to put up with the volatility, as far as ESPN sees it. remember, the final straw (reportedly calling into question goodell's "testicular fortitude") came about 8 months after they had suspended him for speaking out against the commissioner. that's not ESPN's game. you don't think schefter gets scoops by having people on the network alienate goodell, do ya?

hopemax

Disney had great health insurance when I worked there. Just fantastic & cheap. Granted, Eleven Years ago. Not sure what it is now.

I just lost my Mom, due to cancer at the beginning of April. She started the diagnosis process last March. During the entire process, except for dealing with Accredo (Cigna's preferred pharmacy for the chemo drugs) they were nothing short of fabulous. My Dad never got a bill for anything that wasn't expected, they had a personal rep to answer any questions, and she'd call to check-in once a month. We were hoping chemo would work so she could qualify for a stem cell transplant. It never happened, but everything was pre-approved including a credit card with a 10K limit that they could use for hotel/gas/food while in Tampa during her care, so they didn't have to pay then submit for reimbursements. And even dealing with Accredo, it was stupid stuff like their automated system would call 3 times for authorization, and then transfer my Mom to a live person who would then ask, "why are you calling." But her treatment was never compromised. And now, my Dad has 1 year free medical (he had to pay a portion when my Mom was working, so he's shocked he doesn't have to pay a dime).

My parents had the PPO plan, but while listening to conversations while at chemo, it seems like within the last year they did have changes to the lower level plans that was causing some scrambling, but I don't know the details.

suburbianj

Never mind Disney or universal or politics or what our bowels produced yesterday for one wee post.....check out this contender for mother of the year 2015
FB_20150515_18_28_16_Saved_Picture.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Difficult to let those with a tenured interest make decisions on standards. Someone from education with no financial/job security stake would be a better choice.

In the case of health care, we may see death boards that are hopefully not stocked full of insurance representatives and lobbyists....

*1023*

Look according to Rahmbo's brother Ezekiel. the only people of 'Economic Value' are those between 15-45 and medical care should be withheld from those outside that range. Welcome to the world of Logan's Run.

From the Economic Policy Journal. - Note it's a bit of a rant but it covers the salient points

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2009/08/completely-evil-ezekiel-emanuel-exposed.html

A bit more balanced piece from WSJ

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203706604574374463280098676

Phil12

Let me ask you this: Do you think it was justified to bring "metadata research of the photos" in all this discussion?
Well, you've got to be careful when you post something on this forum. We're graced by the world's foremost authority who checks every post for absolute accuracy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom