A Spirited Perfect Ten

Magenta Panther

There is so much excitement for Nintendo and hyperbole for the effect it will have on Orlando theme parks here.. probably because the demographics of the gaming conscious and those likely to go to an internet message board are greater than average. Still crazy.

A DK mine train and/or a Pokemon Snap interactive ride would be amazing. But people are acting like it's the second coming.

Good point. I bet Universal will do wonderful things with Nintendo, but I bet any ride it comes up with won't be nearly as much fun as the games.

bhg469

Good point. I bet Universal will do wonderful things with Nintendo, but I bet any ride it comes up with won't be nearly as much fun as the games.
I can almost guarantee that. Games like Zelda are fantastic for hours upon hours of entertainment. They progressively get better as the stories build and you obtain more abilities. Cramming that into a short ride is going to take some major work. If anyone can do it, it's universal creative.

michmousefan

Good to see that SHIELD and Agent Carter both got renewed, and not that surprising given the vertical marketing opportunities it gives the Disney brand... but the real surprise was a renewal for Galavant, which I really liked a lot. Funny stuff there.

tribbleorlfl

Parents have a way of passing their favorites onto their kids ... much like their prejudices and all that bad stuff.
If the parents don't really like UNI and view it as second rate to Disney (laughable, but we're on a Disney-centric forum) most times the kids will fall right in line with that thinking.
Or perhaps @hakunamatata 's son simply just enjoys what WDW has to offer. I know it seems to be a common opinion in these parts that it's impossible to have fun at WDW unless you're a "little princess," but believe it or not, kids are capable of their own choices and opinions.

I've shared my annecdotal experience often in the UO sub-forum, but my son (10) is a young budding nerd. He loves SciFi, Fantasy, comics, video games and such, but also intellectual pursuits like STEM. UO currently offers more IP's in his wheelhouse than WDW, especially HP. However, he prefers WDW in general (and AK in particular).

Why? It has nothing to with us; I was an UO TM for 7 years and we both enjoy the parks. No, despite UO having more characters that would interest him directly, he absolutely hates aggressive rides. I don't mean just thrill rides, but attractions with a lot of action or where the action is in your face. That doesn't leave as much for him to do at UO, whereas WDW offers more for his sensibilities even if the IP's aren't.

NearTheEars

Anyone following this MCO tram death story? Crazy!

"An airline passenger was killed this morning when he was thrown through the windshield of a tram at Orlando International Airport and fell 15 feet to the ground below, officials said.

The accident happened about 5:35 a.m. when the tram made an emergency stop mid-way from the main terminal to the satellite terminal, which serves gates 1 through 29, where it was headed, according to airport spokeswoman Carolyn Fennell.

Normally, the trams are automated, but at the time of the accident, an employee of the airport contractor which operates the system — Bombardier Transportation — was on board and was operating it manually, something that Fennell said happens every morning."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ndo-airport-man-fell-tram-20150508-story.html

Frankie The Beer

ninarea.jpg

So would this be where Nintendo would be built?

RSoxNo1

Quick spirited DIS stock news.

The Street pundits are predicting DIS will reach $140-150 a share by years end due to continued massive P&R performance, Star Wars products and the bevy of Hollywood muscle. That would be a $40 dollar increase from right now, that's completely absurd.
Someone (I assume @ParentsOf4) predicted a split at around the $120-130 range. Rasulo said at some point last year I believe that there were no plans to split the stock, but I think it was around $80 then.

WDW1974

Original Poster
The Problem With Chinese Cooking is ...

As we (me?) talk about the huge Disney and UNI investments coming to mainland China, I thought I'd update y'all on a major development much closer to WDW that has been built by Chinese government owned companies and the problems therein.

This is a HUGE project that was originally supposed to open before last Christmas. It has been delayed at least three times already (after many people made reservations and vacations around it), it had a huge splashy TV national TV campaign since early in 2015 ... and again ...

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Hotel-News/The-same-old-story-Baha-Mar-opening-delayed

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/hot...ning-delay-extends-to-at-least-september.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom