A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

I highly doubt. I am familiar with e3 press conferences. Game Companies use the e3 conferences for Games systems, Games, or Features added to a game system, or game system peripherals. I am pretty Nintendo didn't use E3 to announce their Nintendo World Store for New York City.

I do know Nintendo does have online conferences outside of E3 in the past. I think it is more likely Nintendo could be using that for details about their theme park deal if Universal allows them to.
You're probably right. Speaking of the Nintendo World Store, I wonder what the chances are of seeing a second location pop up in CityWalk.

GLaDOS

more importantly which one do you think adapts better both in merchandise and theme park rides? im thinking simpsons as well

I definitely do not agree with the rides. The Simpsons ride is great because of it's script...and that's about it. I wouldn't personally call it a inventive ride. I think there's an embarrassment of riches when it comes to potential Nintendo rides.

If Universal follows there recent pattern, we will not hear anything about this again until it's well under construction.

It might be a different story with Nintendo, depending on how much they want to drive interest. But I'm assuming it'll probably be a year or so before we hear anything new

PhotoDave219

The recent announcement of "Phineas and Ferb" ending has me wondering... Why didn't Disney make a Phineas and Ferb attraction when it was in its prime?
They did. Just not a ride. They replaced Kim Possible with them (well, Perry, actually).

Well there were those imagination pavilion makeover rumors Involving P&F that were persistent and depending upon who you talk to, had some legitimacy to them.

Thank God common sense ruled the day in this instance.

the.dreamfinder

Weekend Disney Reading
A favorite writer, Screen Crush's Britt Hayes, has written a nice little article on the importance of Frozen within the context of American pop culture.
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/07/why-frozens-blockbuster-success-is-still-so-important

The Hollywood Reporter on the Disney Animation Research Library and Getty Museum's work on Preserving animation cels. A more detailed article is attached as well.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/saving-snow-white-disney-getty-794436
http://www.getty.edu/conservation/publications_resources/newsletters/29_1/animation.html

MerlinTheGoat

At least two rides have been discussed, spirit said multiple rides which means at least two (could be just two, could be more, but at least two). HateToFly simply said more than two Nintendo IP's will have a presence in the land, no one knows in what form (doesn't have to mean rides though for all of them). Could also be restaurants, character greets, walkthroughs, some sort of 3D movie or show etc.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Oh I agree with you there..... It's the novilty factor here. People get to say "I had the duff beer... And it was crap. So I had another!"

Just think there's a double standard at work here. We criticize F&W and the alcohol there yet we give Universal a pass on actually pushing their own branded alcohol.

Merely an observation.
I see no problem with either. And yes...I would definitely have another.

SJN1279

I'm guessing this is Nintendo's last gasp to stay relevant in the industry? I loved Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, and the original Wii, but last I heard the Wii U has failed to set the world on fire. Them partnering with a major theme park, can only help.

I'm hoping for one true family dark ride....

MerlinTheGoat

Oh and since we're discussing food and wine at EPCOT...well i'm not into booze whatsoever (26 years old and all but it's honestly not my thing), but I have had several opportunities to taste the food at these events. The Food and Wine event for me had extremely bland and tasteless food from several kiosks I visited. But I did sample some food at France during the Flower and Garden festival last week and actually quite enjoyed what I tried (Gnocchi). I expected it to be bleh given how Le Chefs' quality has dropped so sharply since my 90's trips, but I found myself really liking what I tasted at the kiosk. And I've actually visited the REAL France and eaten at truly amazing restaurants there, so I have somewhat high standards in that regard.

Unrelated to the event itself, but i'd also like to mention that i'm somewhat of a fan of the Tangerine Cafe for a quick service style meal at World Showcase. Probably overpriced but the food is pretty tasty IMHO, then again everything is overpriced now (whether it tastes good or bad, sadly for the most part food is skewed more towards mediocre to bad rather than good nowadays at most WDW eateries). The atmosphere of sitting outside and enjoying a meal with the surrounding scenery there is great, even seems less crowded than elsewhere in the park (only complaint is that some of the decorative tile in the area is a bit broken and could use some touching up or cleaning). I've heard Marrakesh is also still supposed to have good food these days as well (some people have also mentioned Spice Road in a positive manner). Either way it seems like Morocco is doing something right compared to the other pavilions...

Why do you keep antagonizing him? If he's such a troll as you claim just put him on ignore. It's that simple.

Taking up thread space to "prove" that someone didn't go to Tokyo is just a waste of everyone's time.
Honestly it's kind of fun to catch him with his pants down on things. I wasn't the one that instigated his return either, but it's truly hilariously how he keeps saying "this is my last post, I swear guys, please believe me i'm super serious here".

I don't personally use the ignore button, if I want to ignore someone whose posts I dislike then I am perfectly able to do it without help from a forum feature.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does it really matter how many Wii U units were sold? Is Universal opening a Wii U store in their park? They are building theme park attractions based on Nintendo's characters. They are well known by both kids and adults and have the potential to translate pretty well to a theme park. That's all that matters here.

spacemt354

Chili's
Does it really matter how many Wii U units were sold? Is Universal opening a Wii U store in their park? They are building theme park attractions based on Nintendo's characters. They are well known by both kids and adults and have the potential to translate pretty well to a theme park. That's all that matters here.
It's like saying Harry Potter films won't work in the theme parks because DVD player sales are down:confused:

jakeman

I expected it to be bleh given how Le Chefs' quality has dropped so sharply since my 90's trips, but I found myself really liking what I tasted at the kiosk.
So you're 26.

You would have been 11 at the oldest during your 90s trips.

While, I agree that Chef de France isn't one of the better World Showcase restaurants, excuse me if I am dubious of the culinary evaluation of someone who at the time was learning cursive.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's like saying Harry Potter films won't work in the theme parks because DVD player sales are down:confused:
Speaking of Potter, I don't think Nintendo has nearly the theme park appeal. The Harry Potter world had iconic locations that could be recreated in a theme park. With Nintendo it's more about the characters. It translates well into a ride or 2 and definitely some meet and greets but I'm not sure about a whole immersive "land". Sounds like the plan is more small scale than Potter which is probably the way to go.

Funmeister

Speaking of Potter, I don't think Nintendo has nearly the theme park appeal. The Harry Potter world had iconic locations that could be recreated in a theme park. With Nintendo it's more about the characters. It translates well into a ride or 2 and definitely some meet and greets but I'm not sure about a whole immersive "land". Sounds like the plan is more small scale than Potter which is probably the way to go.

Yeah Hyrule would never translate into an immersive land. >smh<

Nintendo has some of the most dynamic locales in any entertainment property.

Zelda? Castlevania? Metroid? Super Mario?

How can you ignore those? Have you ever played any of those games mentioned above?

spacemt354

Chili's
I agree. But I'm glad they are focusing more on family ride aspects. That is absolutely one place where Uni is lacking. And please no 3D stuff

Quinnmac000

Its very much dependent on the IPs chosen. WIthin each IP of Nintendo there is an iconic location (Mario with Rainbow Road and Mushroom Kingdom, Zelda with Hyrule Castle, Pokemon with Pokemon Center). The hard thing is how to translate those areas into strong food/drink products like they did with Harry Potter and the Simpsons.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

How can you ignore those? Have you ever played any of those games mentioned above?
I have no idea what hyrule is. I've played The other 4. Look, it's just my opinion. I don't see any of those games translating into a full "land". Each could make for a pretty solid ride.

spacemt354

Chili's

I don't think he was saying it couldn't happen. It's just more difficult to pull off compared to Potter. Especially because all of those locales you mentions provide very distinct backdrops. It would be an awkward transition in such a small space to be jumping from one of those areas to the next.

It would be pretty cool to be walking through a Super Mario Bros land like you're in a video game, but I feel like they would have to stick to that one property for the whole land for it to make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom