A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
A post from HateToFly on Orlando United forums-

"Characters and properties to keep an eye on IMO...

Mario and Luigi
Princess Toadstool
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Metroid
Link and Princess Zelda
Pokemon"

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...iversal-Parks-amp-Resorts?p=404414#post404414

So if true, that means that we could get presence from the Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon series'. Though which IP's get major rides and attractions, and which ones get less substantial presence (like merchandise and character greets) is another question. Still cool info though.

I know the plans involve most of the properties that @HTF lists above. A few I haven't heard, but that doesn't mean they aren't included as well.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Quick spirited DIS stock news.

The Street pundits are predicting DIS will reach $140-150 a share by years end due to continued massive P&R performance, Star Wars products and the bevy of Hollywood muscle. That would be a $40 dollar increase from right now, that's completely absurd.

Oh please, with SDL opening and every Marvel film and SW film guaranteed to make over a billion dollars and more timeshares and price hikes coming to WDW ... that's being conservative. I say $250 a share in 18 months!

(can one read sarcasm or do I need what I call a smiley, but the kewl kidz call emojis?)

Also, please leave the ''Spirited'' intro out as those are mine and we wouldn't want to confuse anyone!

WDW1974

Original Poster
One of the few USF 1990 stalwarts remaining. Kind of looks it too.

Yes. Saw it last fall with the Lees and it really hasn't aged well. Also, taking the orangutan out of the show to be politically correct turned it into something your neighbor's kid could do with his pets in the backyard. Unless they can put a real show in, which they don't want to do, it's just wasting a large chunk of valuable real estate.

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 just wanted to know if the new nighttime show at MK is still being developed..?

I haven't heard about it lately, which concerns me as I know they plan a big pyro/projection show for the 50th and one wonders if they'd open a show next year that will be gone in five. Much better to stick with a very tired show and save money, right?

Hey, @marni1971, what hears you?

Tony Perkis

I agree Nintendo won't drive attendance like Potter, but I'm not sure I can agree that Simpsons is a bigger draw. I think Pokémon alone would wipe the floor with Simpsons' guest spending numbers. Though we'll see in a few years whether I'm right or not.
In terms of specialized/exclusive souvenirs, I think Simpsons wipes the floor with Pokemon. There are so many places I can order a Duff Beer, Krusty Burger, and Flaming Moe's. I can buy a Pokeball at many a Target or Wal-Mart.

Iwerks64

In terms of specialized/exclusive souvenirs, I think Simpsons wipes the floor with Pokemon. There are so many places I can order a Duff Beer, Krusty Burger, and Flaming Moe's. I can buy a Pokeball at many a Target or Wal-Mart.

That was the best part of Simpsons Land for me. A taco from Bumblebee Man's taco truck along with a duff beer. A Krusty Burger along with a Flaming Moe.

wdwfan4ver

I wonder if Nintendo will mention anything further about this theme park deal next month at E3. They'll sure be getting tons of questions about it.
I highly doubt it. I am familiar with e3 press conferences. Game Companies use the e3 conferences for Games systems, Games, or features added to a game system, or game system peripherals. I am pretty sure Nintendo didn't use E3 to announce their Nintendo World Store for New York City.

I do know Nintendo does have online conferences outside of E3 in the past. I think it is more likely Nintendo could be using that for details about their theme park deal if Universal allows them to.

Last edited:

GLaDOS

Foodwise, I agree. Nothing can beat Springfield. Universal went all out with F&B there, and the quality and quantity of the stuff is pretty astounding.

But merch? I dunno. The Simpsons merch is largely forgettable, and the "every kid loves a plush" appeal of Pokemon, not to mention Nintendo's other properties, is through the roof.

Plus, just attendance wise, Mario and the gang are going to get kids to pester their parents to visit. Simpsons isn't going to do that to a huge degree.

twebber55

more importantly which one do you think adapts better both in merchandise and theme park rides? im thinking simpsons as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom