A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The fact that the old chicken tenders were replaced with chicken nuggets of exactly the same chicken and breading only confirms this. Chicken tenders have a longer cooking time than the nuggets. Evidently those seconds saved was enough for a company wide change.

Difference is a tender is a cut of chicken, a 'nugget' is mechanically separated compressed chicken meat, It's cheaper and faster cooking. (note Mickey D's nuggets since 2003 are shredded chicken breast) who knows what WDW is serving other than being the cheapest possible.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's exactly my point. Disney is a media giant and involved in television, radio, publishing, film production and distribution, toys and other consumer products. Yet the median Disney worker last year made only $19,530! Obviously the "little people" in the Disney organization are offsetting the big executive salaries. It just goes to show that lots of people are willing to work for the mouse for low wages. The HR department has no recruiting problems.

It's overuse of CP people also contributes to skewing salaries lower, At one time CP was a chance to work with DIsney professionals and really learn something. Now it's a chance to live in a company town and shop in company stores. Hmm sounds like coal mines before unionization...

And the amazing thing is DIsney actually has people COMPETING to work janitorial and food service.

WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT is going on with the CP'ers... Back when one worked with professionals I could see it being a resume enhancer but now???.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Every overall aerial image of Disney Springs that I have seen includes the smokestacks on the boat. We're well past the stage were the stage of concept art. It could just be that someone early on decided to put them into the model, but it could also be more.

Can we say 'Budget Cut'...

NearTheEars

Difference is a tender is a cut of chicken, a 'nugget' is mechanically separated compressed chicken meat, It's cheaper and faster cooking. (note Mickey D's nuggets since 2003 are shredded chicken breast) who knows what WDW is serving other than being the cheapest possible.

The nuggets I had at Cosmic Rays a couple of weeks ago weren't the processed and put back together chicken. They were like the previous tenders, just cut up into small pieces. I was honestly, and pleasantly, surprised by their quality.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The nuggets I had at Cosmic Rays a couple of weeks ago weren't the processed and put back together chicken. They were like the previous tenders, just cut up into small pieces. I was honestly, and pleasantly, surprised by their quality.

Good to hear - hopefully they keep those and they spread across all outlets because one of my favorite snacks was the tenders, Nuggets well...

NearTheEars

Good to hear - hopefully they keep those and they spread across all outlets because one of my favorite snacks was the tenders, Nuggets well...

I hope so too. I don't know if it was a fluke, but the portion was big too.
I mean, you're still paying like $10 for chicken nuggets, but I didn't feel completely ripped off as with some of the QS meals.

gmajew

They actually use a whole muscle chicken pieces. The good news is they are whole muscle chicken and not the packed tube chicken product most are. They actually have the texture of real chicken as it is actually chicken.

NearTheEars

They actually use a whole muscle chicken pieces. The good news is they are whole muscle chicken and not the packed tube chicken product most are. They actually have the texture of real chicken as it is actually chicken.

Yep. They taste great and you can tell its not processed.
I must, however, admit that I don't mind McDonald's nuggets every once in a while. Processed or not.

JediMasterMatt

That's just insane. Are my Parkscope Bois making excuses for this?

It's also been done on Hulk and Dragon Challenge according to a Tweet I read from @skubersky ... I can only guess that some idiot's iPhone went flying and hit another Guest on the head and UNI is now going to have to write a big check. So, this is their lawyers and/or Bill Davis's answer to it.

I'm not emptying my pockets (they are deep, befitting a Faux Top One Percenter) of every last nickel to ride their coasters. That's just insane. And I'm not being wanded and/or felt up to ride either.

As someone with more knowledge into the coaster side of the industry, I would contend that Universal should be more wary of parts coming off of Rip Ride and Rockit than anything from guest pockets. The X-Car Maruer Sohne design isn't easy on internal loads to the chassis with it's long chassis, short wheel base with very lengthy coupler between the cars.

Oh well, what's a little magnetometer action going to harm? Surely, it won't make the already congested complicated lines in front of attractions any worse right? After all, going through the metal detectors with TSA is a breeze with their free following lines. They move so fast, you'd think an Omnimover was on the other side.

Katie G

It's overuse of CP people also contributes to skewing salaries lower, At one time CP was a chance to work with DIsney professionals and really learn something. Now it's a chance to live in a company town and shop in company stores. Hmm sounds like coal mines before unionization...

And the amazing thing is DIsney actually has people COMPETING to work janitorial and food service.

WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT is going on with the CP'ers... Back when one worked with professionals I could see it being a resume enhancer but now???.
There is a difference between the College Program and the Professional Internship program. We have Professional Interns in our department that have a 6 month term. They support all the work we do, get on the job training on systems and analytics as well as present a project to the executive team at the end of their internship. Many get hired on full time afterwards and its a great stepping off point to full time work with Disney.

the.dreamfinder

There is a difference between the College Program and the Professional Internship program. We have Professional Interns in our department that have a 6 month term. They support all the work we do, get on the job training on systems and analytics as well as present a project to the executive team at the end of their internship. Many get hired on full time afterwards and its a great stepping off point to full time work with Disney.
However, there are significantly more CPs than Professional Interns. I would honestly like to see Disney kill the College Program and expand PI into more fields on property.

PhotoDave219

And I've seen Professional Interns get screwed over by their managers who simply weren't interested in professional development. Yea, there is a difference but it's not that huge.

FigmentJedi

Walt Disney Pictures will be co-financing Steven Speilberg's "The BFG". This will be the first time he has directed a Disney film. http://www.slashfilm.com/the-bfg-steven-spielberg-disney/
Nice to see another Dahl film at Disney. Would love it if they decided to go back and adapt Dahl's Gremlins book. Better to finish an unproduced Walt project then to shove remakes down our throats.

gremlins_aug2011_3.jpg

Katie G

And I've seen Professional Interns get screwed over by their managers who simply weren't interested in professional development. Yea, there is a difference but it's not that huge.

It is a big difference in my area. Of the 8 interns we have had since I have worked here, 4 got hired with Disney, 3 went back to finish school, and 1 got hired outside of Disney. Seems pretty good for a foot in the door if Disney is where you want to work professionally. And here they are treated more like junior analysts than interns. Its really good experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom