A Spirited Perfect Ten

Tigger1988

It looks like the East Coast Comic Con saw the light, when will the others including Disney?

Press Passes

Everybody wants one, everybody has a blog. We've found that coverage of the con, during the con does little to promote our efforts. We have a finite amount of tickets and we can't give them out to everyone who wishes to shoot some video or chat to a comic creator -- yes, we're mean terrible people because we don't want to let you in for free. For the most part, your blog posts do not help us spread the word about our con. How do we know this? We've polled our customers. Why do other cons let bloggers and podcasters into their cons for free? Perhaps they haven't done their homework to find out what helps for promotion. So please don't feel ill of us, we're glad you love comics enough to write or blog about the art form, but we just can't justify granting all the requests we get; and we get a lot.
ECCC (and until this year - Asbury Park Comic Con) is woefully small, and focuses primarily on actual comics. As they write, they don't allow press passes because it doesn't benefit THEM. Best believe if they saw a return they'd be sending out passes, in the meantime they'd rather take the bloggers' money.

Wake me when NYCC or SDCC invoke this policy, that will mean something.

mahnamahna101

You're going to have to move Mad Max up that list significantly.
Why? It's a hard R sci-fi movie sandwiched between Avengers 2 and Tomorrowland/San Andreas.

$90 million DOM and $270 million OS would be solid for this.

If San Andreas moves to October (or if Mad Max does), then I could see $130 million+ DOM.

Fe Maiden

Yeah, it's terrible hearing him sing now. One of my best friends from HS is the lead singer with the most famous VH tribute band out there, the Atomic Punks. They actually do VH better than VH does today.

Saw the Atomic Punks a few times maybe 15-20 years ago (geez I'm getting old). They were fantastic.

tribbleorlfl

Shhhh! If you say kinder eggs you may be put on a watch list since they're illegal here!

Yup, a children's candy treat is illegal here due to soccer moms running the country.
Clearly you haven't seen the "toddler crack" YouTube videos or the multiple threads on parenting forums. It's soccer moms that want these things available to sell.

They're banned under a subsection of a law passed in the 30's or 40's to address a slew of incidents involving adulterated drugs and food products.

raymusiccity

My guess for summer 2015
  1. Avengers 2: $580 million
  2. Jurassic World: $395 million
  3. Minions: $350 million
  4. Inside Out: $305 million
  5. Pixels: $240 million
  6. Mission Impossible 5: $225 million
  7. Pitch Perfect 2: $210 million
  8. Spy: $190 million
  9. Ant-Man: $185 million
  10. Tomorrowland: $170 million
  11. Ted 2: $165 million
  12. Terminator Genysis: $140 million
  13. The Fantastic Four: $135 million
  14. Vacation: $125 million
  15. Straight Outta Compton: $115 million
  16. Trainwreck: $110 million
  17. Ricki and the Flash: $105 million
  18. The Gallows: $100 million
  19. Paper Towns: $95 million
  20. Mad Max - Fury Road: $90 million
  21. San Andreas: $85 million
  22. Poltergeist: $80 million
  23. The Man From UNCLE: $75 million
  24. Pan: $70 million
  25. Insidious Chapter 3: $60 million
  26. Magic Mike XXL: $55 million

I think Mad Max needs to be bumped up quite a bit on this list.

I think it will be awesome in IMAX ! :)

Last edited:

tribbleorlfl

Prevailing intel is that someone's iPhone did fly off of Dragon Challenge (probably someone trying to get a selfie) and it was a "near miss" to people standing near the exit of the castle.
This and the unfortunate incident in Hollywood has the brass a titch stressed.

And concerning Gringott's, new parts are being manufactured as we speak. It will be repaired asap. Unfortunately, they don't have the luxury of closing this particular ride at this time because of this one effect. Yes, it's bad show. But the ****storm of it being closed would be worse than the beating they are taking on the Disney forums. ;)
I've heard it had something to do with a flying pocket knife, as well as some loose pocket change nearly choking someone.

bhg469

Clearly you haven't seen the "toddler crack" YouTube videos or the multiple threads on parenting forums. It's soccer moms that want these things available to sell.

They're banned under a subsection of a law passed in the 30's or 40's to address a slew of incidents involving adulterated drugs and food products.
Clearly I haven't but I do not believe this has much to do with altered food and was because of the choking hazard. I guess I don't get my news from youtube so I don't know Much.

truecoat

ECCC (and until this year - Asbury Park Comic Con) is woefully small, and focuses primarily on actual comics. As they write, they don't allow press passes because it doesn't benefit THEM. Best believe if they saw a return they'd be sending out passes, in the meantime they'd rather take the bloggers' money.

Wake me when NYCC or SDCC invoke this policy, that will mean something.

They just figured it out sooner. Does a business like Disney really need to bring a bunch of bloggers into a restaurant remodel to get the word out? 1 or 2 would be enough and the others would link to it anyway.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They just figured it out sooner. Does a business like Disney really need to bring a bunch of bloggers into a restaurant remodel to get the word out? 1 or 2 would be enough and the others would link to it anyway.
But where would they get to show off those new cargo shorts and Avengers t-shirt?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
My guess for summer 2015
  1. Avengers 2: $580 million
  2. Jurassic World: $395 million
  3. Minions: $350 million
  4. Inside Out: $305 million
  5. Pixels: $240 million
  6. Mission Impossible 5: $225 million
  7. Pitch Perfect 2: $210 million
  8. Spy: $190 million
  9. Ant-Man: $185 million
  10. Tomorrowland: $170 million
  11. Ted 2: $165 million
  12. Terminator Genysis: $140 million
  13. The Fantastic Four: $135 million
  14. Vacation: $125 million
  15. Straight Outta Compton: $115 million
  16. Trainwreck: $110 million
  17. Ricki and the Flash: $105 million
  18. The Gallows: $100 million
  19. Paper Towns: $95 million
  20. Mad Max - Fury Road: $90 million
  21. San Andreas: $85 million
  22. Poltergeist: $80 million
  23. The Man From UNCLE: $75 million
  24. Pan: $70 million
  25. Insidious Chapter 3: $60 million
  26. Magic Mike XXL: $55 million

With this kind of release schedule I think this will be the year at least one major studio goes bankrupt, Too many big budget tentpoles chasing too few consumer dollars is the long and short of it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In fairness, there is no dress code for the Boathouse. So Cargo shorts would be ok. Also, I own and wear cargo shorts. Along with every other 18-34 year old I know. Not sure how they got such a bad rep around here, it's not like they are Jorts.

No one cares about cargo shorts at the parks at least I don't, Cargo shorts at a so called fine dining establishment well not so much, What's appropriate at Applebee's is not appropriate for a place which serves steaks which cost north of 100 bucks, well...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No one cares about cargo shorts at the parks at least I don't, Cargo shorts at a so called fine dining establishment well not so much, What's appropriate at Applebee's is not appropriate for a place which serves steaks which cost north of 100 bucks, well...
Something to take up with Gibson. Had they wanted a dress code, they could have implemented one.

edit to add; I think the reason there is no dress code is the different rooms. Some are more casual then others, and the dockside bar most casual, so rather then try and do room by room dress codes, they simply decided against having one.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Something to take up with Gibson. Had they wanted a dress code, they could have implemented one.

edit to add; I think the reason there is no dress code is the different rooms. Some are more casual then others, and the dockside bar most casual, so rather then try and do room by room dress codes, they simply decided against having one.

I think WDW pushed pretty hard to ensure Gibson did NOT enforce a dress code, Yet V&A has one and they do not lack for business. Just for the lack of a dress code I think I'll skip 'The Boathouse' If I'm paying for fine dining I want the full experience not a bunch of people in shorts and 'I'm with Stupid T-shirts'.

As to the 'dockside bar' I've been on Nantucket on during the Figawi race weekends and they enforce a dress code casual but still a dress code.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think WDW pushed pretty hard to ensure Gibson did NOT enforce a dress code, Yet V&A has one and they do not lack for business. Just for the lack of a dress code I think I'll skip 'The Boathouse' If I'm paying for fine dining I want the full experience not a bunch of people in shorts and 'I'm with Stupid T-shirts'.

As to the 'dockside bar' I've been on Nantucket on during the Figawi race weekends and they enforce a dress code casual but still a dress code.
It is not a fine dining restaurant. They use signature dining as its category. The environment is casual, which is perfect for its location.

Your loss if you skip it, as its one of the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom