A Spirited Perfect Ten

Prince-1

Difference is a tender is a cut of chicken, a 'nugget' is mechanically separated compressed chicken meat, It's cheaper and faster cooking. (note Mickey D's nuggets since 2003 are shredded chicken breast) who knows what WDW is serving other than being the cheapest possible.

I like my mechanically separated compressed chicken meat dipped in BBQ sauce!! :hungry:

Cesar R M

It's why I truly don't like the 'likes' system. I know that I can say things that 99 out of 100 members will agree with sometimes, but they won't like it because they're like a passive aggressive fanboi (or they are one!) There are people here that I don't particularly like, but I judge the post on what it says and not by who wrote it. I happen to like you, for instance (and we gotta meet, so let me know when you might be planning an O-Town getaway in the future!), but I don't simply 'like' all your posts because some of them are ... pooh. And others are just like a visit to today's EPCOT, not very filling!:D:devilish::cool:

The only way I won't 'like' a post is if I am sure the individual is a troll or has multiple accounts here.

Of course, there are other ways of being passive aggressive ... I know of one hillbilly poster here who is very stingy on the likes, yet he'll say something like ''Yup. That's it.'' and he'll get approximately 119 likes.
I think he is passive aggressive with me because his wife (he definitely married up) would drop him for me in a second!:D
NO LIKES FOR YOU!!!
wjhNnor.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Difference is a tender is a cut of chicken, a 'nugget' is mechanically separated compressed chicken meat, It's cheaper and faster cooking. (note Mickey D's nuggets since 2003 are shredded chicken breast) who knows what WDW is serving other than being the cheapest possible.
That's absolutely incorrect. Disney "nuggets" are called "nuggets" because they're in a nugget shape. They're not mechanically separated, pressed meat like McNuggets. There's no official definition of a tender versus a nugget so your comment is ignorant at best and deliberately misleading at worst (you do that a lot). Anyone with at least two fingers and one eyeball can pull a Disney nugget apart and see that it's a chunk of chicken breast, not a pressed patty.

Cesar R M

As someone with more knowledge into the coaster side of the industry, I would contend that Universal should be more wary of parts coming off of Rip Ride and Rockit than anything from guest pockets. The X-Car Maruer Sohne design isn't easy on internal loads to the chassis with it's long chassis, short wheel base with very lengthy coupler between the cars.

Oh well, what's a little magnetometer action going to harm? Surely, it won't make the already congested complicated lines in front of attractions any worse right? After all, going through the metal detectors with TSA is a breeze with their free following lines. They move so fast, you'd think an Omnimover was on the other side.
Cant they just put a classic warning "All phones and loose tools needs to be in a secured bag or in the lockers of the attraction, Universal Studios does not take any responsibility for accidents caused by flying objects".

Six Flags mexico has that, and they enforce the "put everything loose, including shoes into free lockers".
the lockers are conveniently numbered according to the position the people are in.

PhotoDave219

It is a big difference in my area. Of the 8 interns we have had since I have worked here, 4 got hired with Disney, 3 went back to finish school, and 1 got hired outside of Disney. Seems pretty good for a foot in the door if Disney is where you want to work professionally. And here they are treated more like junior analysts than interns. Its really good experience.

I was referring to PIs where they are GSMs. There is a vast difference between CMs who interact with Guests versus CMs who simply know Celebration Place.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Monday Afternoon Quickees:

Nothing like waiting three and a half hours for someone to come in and do a repair/installation in three minutes.

A Happy 23rd Birthday to DLP and the most beautiful MK of them all. One with a much brighter future, now that Disney has what it wanted all along -- control. Sorry, haters, but it's not closing or being taken over by a local operator or being demo'd for condos and a SuperWalmart.

Welcome to WDW, Boathouse. Did they not have a dine around for the local social media whores? I missed it if they did and I just love watching people who wouldn't pay $30 for a steak, chow down on a $115 one.

Well, Wall Street is practically wetting its collective self at the prospects for Avengers: Age of Ultron and Disney's movie slate in general. THR reports that it is tracking toward an over $200 million opening and could possibly post the best numbers ever (not adjusted for inflation, they never are).

Here's a story that @ParentsOf4 might enjoy:
http://www.thestreet.com/story/1311...record-setting-summer-blockbuster-season.html

DisDan

Cant they just put a classic warning "All phones and loose tools needs to be in a secured bag or in the lockers of the attraction, Universal Studios does not take any responsibility for accidents caused by flying objects".

Six Flags mexico has that, and they enforce the "put everything loose, including shoes into free lockers".
the lockers are conveniently numbered according to the position the people are in.

I blame my older Gaming nerd self.. because when I read BFG.. I expected a big f*** gun.. not a friendly giant
lol
:hilarious:
I was thinking the Exact same thing.....DOOM!

Stevek

Late Night Spirited Chinese Musing:

For those who think that the graft crackdown isn't serious and that I was bringing up Dai Haibo's arrest and his connection to Shanghai Disneyland Resort, here's the latest big name to get busted (no, this has NOTHING to do with Disney, but it illustrates the problem and shows how the CCP is going after corruption):

http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-jiang-jiemin-goes-on-trial-over-corruption-charges-1428895277

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/04/12/world/asia/ap-as-china-corruption-trial.html

Spirited Music World Musing:

What the heck happened to David Lee Roth? The guy looks -- and sounds -- like he's 70 (and not like a McCartney 70). Did the drugs take his voice away because he the way he sings now, Van Halen would be better off with @Lee.

Yeah, it's terrible hearing him sing now. One of my best friends from HS is the lead singer with the most famous VH tribute band out there, the Atomic Punks. They actually do VH better than VH does today.

mahnamahna101

This summer is gonna be insane with the big blockbuster movies! Yes we all know avengers will make crazy money, but I can see both terminator genysis and Jurassic World making tons of money, with Jurassic world taking the cake between those 2!
My guess for summer 2015
  1. Avengers 2: $580 million
  2. Jurassic World: $395 million
  3. Minions: $350 million
  4. Inside Out: $305 million
  5. Pixels: $240 million
  6. Mission Impossible 5: $225 million
  7. Pitch Perfect 2: $210 million
  8. Spy: $190 million
  9. Ant-Man: $185 million
  10. Tomorrowland: $170 million
  11. Ted 2: $165 million
  12. Terminator Genysis: $140 million
  13. The Fantastic Four: $135 million
  14. Vacation: $125 million
  15. Straight Outta Compton: $115 million
  16. Trainwreck: $110 million
  17. Ricki and the Flash: $105 million
  18. The Gallows: $100 million
  19. Paper Towns: $95 million
  20. Mad Max - Fury Road: $90 million
  21. San Andreas: $85 million
  22. Poltergeist: $80 million
  23. The Man From UNCLE: $75 million
  24. Pan: $70 million
  25. Insidious Chapter 3: $60 million
  26. Magic Mike XXL: $55 million

Last edited:

Nubs70

Spirited Monday Afternoon Quickees:

Nothing like waiting three and a half hours for someone to come in and do a repair/installation in three minutes.

A Happy 23rd Birthday to DLP and the most beautiful MK of them all. One with a much brighter future, now that Disney has what it wanted all along -- control. Sorry, haters, but it's not closing or being taken over by a local operator or being demo'd for condos and a SuperWalmart.

Welcome to WDW, Boathouse. Did they not have a dine around for the local social media whores? I missed it if they did and I just love watching people who wouldn't pay $30 for a steak, chow down on a $115 one.

Well, Wall Street is practically wetting its collective self at the prospects for Avengers: Age of Ultron and Disney's movie slate in general. THR reports that it is tracking toward an over $200 million opening and could possibly post the best numbers ever (not adjusted for inflation, they never are).

Here's a story that @ParentsOf4 might enjoy:
http://www.thestreet.com/story/1311...record-setting-summer-blockbuster-season.html
Net operating cash flow up 53%!!! compared to Q1 14. How much was MM+ costing?

truecoat

It looks like the East Coast Comic Con saw the light, when will the others including Disney?

Press Passes

Everybody wants one, everybody has a blog. We've found that coverage of the con, during the con does little to promote our efforts. We have a finite amount of tickets and we can't give them out to everyone who wishes to shoot some video or chat to a comic creator -- yes, we're mean terrible people because we don't want to let you in for free. For the most part, your blog posts do not help us spread the word about our con. How do we know this? We've polled our customers. Why do other cons let bloggers and podcasters into their cons for free? Perhaps they haven't done their homework to find out what helps for promotion. So please don't feel ill of us, we're glad you love comics enough to write or blog about the art form, but we just can't justify granting all the requests we get; and we get a lot.

truecoat

My guess for summer 2015
  1. Avengers 2: $580 million
  2. Jurassic World: $395 million
  3. Minions: $350 million
  4. Inside Out: $305 million
  5. Pixels: $240 million
  6. Mission Impossible 5: $225 million
  7. Pitch Perfect 2: $210 million
  8. Spy: $190 million
  9. Ant-Man: $185 million
  10. Tomorrowland: $170 million
  11. Ted 2: $165 million
  12. Terminator Genysis: $140 million
  13. The Fantastic Four: $135 million
  14. Vacation: $125 million
  15. Straight Outta Compton: $115 million
  16. Trainwreck: $110 million
  17. Ricki and the Flash: $105 million
  18. The Gallows: $100 million
  19. Paper Towns: $95 million
  20. Mad Max - Fury Road: $90 million
  21. San Andreas: $85 million
  22. Poltergeist: $80 million
  23. The Man From UNCLE: $75 million
  24. Pan: $70 million
  25. Insidious Chapter 3: $60 million
  26. Magic Mike XXL: $55 million

You're going to have to move Mad Max up that list significantly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom