A Spirited Perfect Ten

MKCP 1985

Farrah Fawcett wasn't included after her death, despite having some motion film experience and her omission made me sad. They manage to have notable omissions every year, which is a shame because it detracts from the intent to recognize and remember those who have passed on.

Mention this segment to anyone today and all you hear is Joan Rivers, not any of the myriad of those whose lives ended in the past year and were honored last night.

WDW1974

Original Poster
From the ''The Walmarting Is Complete' Department comes today's news that the head of Consumer Products will be taking over P&R.

Well, Robert A. Iger (aka The Weatherman) has always thought of Disney as a BRAND, a product, and now you can see the results. We all recall when Michael Eisner put a retail guy in charge of P&R, right? And at least Paul Pressler was given some management experience running DLR first.

They don't even make any pretenses here of caring at all.

And poor George Kalogridis, the fool actually thought by getting a few mentions in the media that he was ever rising to the real exec level. Too bad.

I'd like to claim this is as strange as the decision by Iger to put his wife's cred on the line by pulling a HuffPo Op-Ed entitled ''Disney CEO Fumbles Entry to China'' but actually it's not.

It's just typical and more of the same. And fanbois whine about $105 MK tickets or the colors being used on Hub walkways and totally meaningless BS.

This is ... yeah, just more of the same.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
From the ''The Walmarting Is Complete' Department comes today's news that the head of Consumer Products will be taking over P&R.

Well, Robert A. Iger (aka The Weatherman) has always thought of Disney as a BRAND, a product, and now you can see the results. We all recall when Michael Eisner put a retail guy in charge of P&R, right? And at least Paul Pressler was given some management experience running DLR first.

They don't even make any pretenses here of caring at all.

And poor George Kalogridis, the fool actually thought by getting a few mentions in the media that he was ever rising to the real exec level. Too bad.

I'd like to claim this is as strange as the decision by Iger to put his wife's cred on the line by pulling a HuffPo Op-Ed entitled ''Disney CEO Fumbles Entry to China'' but actually it's not.

It's just typical and more of the same. And fanbois whine about $105 MK tickets or the colors being used on Hub walkways and totally meaningless BS.

This is ... yeah, just more of the same.

Yup, The Pressler 'The only moving part in a Disney Park should be a cash register drawer" days are BACK GOOD TIMES WOO HOO!!!!

Now I'm officially depressed about the long term prospects for the Disney Parks...

WDW1974

Original Poster
And Soup & Salad Sandra, always on top of things as O-Sentinel 'reporters' are, is busy tweeting fanbois.

I sometimes wonder if it's even worth caring sometimes. Then I realize the damage that can be done and think it is.

Well, at least we know who Iger and Staggs will blame for any future (and past) SDL issues and for Pandoran delays etc.

the.dreamfinder

And Soup & Salad Sandra, always on top of things as O-Sentinel 'reporters' are, is busy tweeting fanbois.

I sometimes wonder if it's even worth caring sometimes. Then I realize the damage that can be done and think it is.

Well, at least we know who Iger and Staggs will blame for any future (and past) SDL issues and for Pandoran delays etc.
I don't know about her being on top of this. Variety put up its article at 11:11EST. But the twits/fanbois don't read the trades so whatever.

WDW1974

Original Poster
That's right boys and girls... the man who will be driving the boat when the biggest, greatest franchise potential ever hits the parks... will be a Advertising Brand Manager.

Just let that soak in... the guys calling the big shots for Star Wars are two career board room guys.

The word from one of my 'insiders' as the kidz like to call them is ''Two words: franchises and tech.''

People who hated on Eisner truly have no idea how much worse Iger is because he is like teflon and he brings in the numbers by simply squeezing the existing fanbase in the parks and spending billions on acquisitions .

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The word from one of my 'insiders' as the kidz like to call them is ''Two words: franchises and tech.''

People who hated on Eisner truly have no idea how much worse Iger is because he is like teflon and he brings in the numbers by simply squeezing the existing fanbase in the parks and spending billions on acquisitions .

Disney does SO WELL with tech..., Spot on with Iger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom