A Spirited Perfect Ten

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I like how not only is this guy Pressler 2.0, but he's the guy that helped invent the whole Disney Vault concept.

Hey guys, we'll bring Dreamfinder back, but you'll only have six months to see him. Get your FastPass Plus now!
The whole vault thing was actually pretty smart business. My only question is if he's been with the company for 22 years then he started in 1993. Didn't the vault thing start before that?

Even though the vault was a solid move it doesn't really translate to P&R much.

When was the last time a theme park guy actually ran P&R? Rasulo and Pressler both held lesser roles in P&R before taking over but weren't really theme park guys. The guy before Pressler (Judson Green) moved over from the CFO office similar to Staggs. Before him you have to go back to Nunis, almost to the 80s.

WDW1974

Original Poster

BTW, so bizarre that Bob Iger is using his wife as a walking billboard for Yoda/Star Wars when that HuffPo censored Op-Ed used art of a tee shirt of Yoda wearing Mouse Ears, while the story questioned Disney's success in HK.

As of last night, when you did a search for Iger that picture (taken by the Redstone blogger) came up. Could Bob have actually had her wear the dress so this pic would drop that one?

I didn't respond to this post because I totally thought it was a joke and some fanboi stuck her in it with some PhotoShop play.

How utterly amazing, bizarre and dysfunctional this company and that man is ... is USC paying attention to any of this?!

Travel Junkie

The Hurt Locker is a perfect example of a anti-american film hated at the Boxoffice but beloved by the so called academy.

Gravity was worthy of best picture NOT!, Interstellar on the other hand the math used to describe the event horizon and associated gravitational lensing is leading to Nobel level science work. Which should have been worthy of some technical awards. But no it does not fit the 'evil white american' narrative so popular in Hollyweird.

Please take your crazy conspiracy theories elsewhere.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
BTW, so bizarre that Bob Iger is using his wife as a walking billboard for Yoda/Star Wars when that HuffPo censored Op-Ed used art of a tee shirt of Yoda wearing Mouse Ears, while the story questioned Disney's success in HK.

As of last night, when you did a search for Iger that picture (taken by the Redstone blogger) came up. Could Bob have actually had her wear the dress so this pic would drop that one?

I didn't respond to this post because I totally thought it was a joke and some fanboi stuck her in it with some PhotoShop play.

How utterly amazing, bizarre and dysfunctional this company and that man is ... is USC paying attention to any of this?!

I also thought Willow's dress was a photoshop - I was gobsmacked when I found out it was the real thing.

FigmentJedi

The whole vault thing was actually pretty smart business. My only question is if he's been with the company for 22 years then he started in 1993. Didn't the vault thing start before that?

Even though the vault was a solid move it doesn't really translate to P&R much.

Three words: Limited Time Magic. Combine that with stuff like the "Dangle extinct character merch like a catnip toy in front of the park fandom" strategies of recent years and D23's Attraction Flashback events and there you go.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

That dress was real???? That's crazy.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Three words: Limited Time Magic. Combine that with stuff like the "Dangle extinct character merch like a catnip toy in front of the park fandom" strategies of recent years and D23's Attraction Flashback events and there you go.
It could work on s limited basis, but people go to theme parks for rides. Unless you close rides and reopen them 10 years later...I've said too much

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Please take your crazy conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Has nothing to do with 'conspiracy theories' The academy has consistently nominated box office stinkers if they parrot the 'evil white american oppressing brown people' meme. 'Boyhood' being an outstanding CURRENT example.

I want to see ENTERTAINING films be nominated and win awards.

If I want to watch propaganda films I'll watch the Soviet cold-war era films, At least the people who made those believed in their cause.

Travel Junkie

Has nothing to do with 'conspiracy theories' The academy has consistently nominated box office stinkers if they parrot the 'evil white american oppressing brown people' meme. 'Boyhood' being an outstanding CURRENT example.

If I want to watch propaganda films I'll watch the Soviet cold-war era films, At least the people who made those believed in their cause.

Being that the Academy is 90% white, they must all hate themselves then. The Oscars are not a popularity contest. If so movies, like Avatar and Transformers would win Best Picture. It sounds like the MTV movie awards are more your speed if you are looking for movies to win awards that you find entertaining.

dupac

I must have blacked out during a major part of Boyhood, cuz I didn't pick up on that theme at all...

Cesar R M

Negative on that GHOSTRIDER, This is the guy responsible for the dreck being sold at Target and WalMart...
KnkJkpk.gif

Cesar R M

I have always agreed with you ford, but there is what you're very wrong about it.
You're sounding SO WHITE right now.
like a classic privileged 30 year old white man who has almost nothing against them.

Hollywood actors are usually the spearhead of movements to try to change things.
to give the general populace information regarding of things they usually dont see.

PhotoDave219

That's right boys and girls... the man who will be driving the boat when the biggest, greatest franchise potential ever hits the parks... will be a Advertising Brand Manager.

Just let that soak in... the guys calling the big shots for Star Wars are two career board room guys.

Thats the point Ive been trying to hammer home for six months. God help us.

PhotoDave219

A technical award - 'Isn't that special', Probably the BEST anti-war movie ever made because it shows the damage war causes to the soldiers but a picture which glorifies acting (playing dress up) gets best picture.

Ive seen better anti-War movies. Full Metal Jacket being a great example. Dont get me wrong, I liked American Sniper. I thought it was intense and didn't pull any punches. Showed American what it does to families and I think every politician that sends people to war needs to see it.

That being said, I did not think it was the best picture of the year. Selma was equally powerful.

ParentsOf4

Being that the Academy is 90% white, they must all hate themselves then. The Oscars are not a popularity contest. If so movies, like Avatar and Transformers would win Best Picture. It sounds like the MTV movie awards are more your speed if you are looking for movies to win awards that you find entertaining.
I think I understand what you are trying to suggest but the Oscars are a popularity contest.

It's just that it's limited to the popularity among voting members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Smiddimizer

I'm with you on the overt PC nature of Hollywood and the press (not a Sean Penn fan but if people are so humorless nowadays, you said it Photodave, God help us)...but Boyhood isn't a strong example.

The thing is, films are and never have been perfectly apolitical (and the good ones are always liberal :D). You're wading into territory where anything can be labelled propaganda so long as the one behind the camera has ideas about the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom