A Spirited Perfect Ten

HMF

Disneyland is kind of a museum. It's practically a national historic landmark at this point, whether Walt desired it or not.
Walt never said that Disneyland was or was not a museum. The "Disneyland is not a museum" mantra comes from Disney's modern-day Markateers to shut up fan complaints when a questionable change is made in the park. as for the news I would have stayed with the plans to axe Toontown.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Walt never said that Disneyland was or was not a museum. The "Disneyland is not a museum" mantra comes from Disney's modern-day Markateers to shut up fan complaints when a questionable change is made in the park. as for the news I would have stayed with the plans to axe Toontown.

He did say Disneyland will never be completed.

Either way, does it really matter what he said. Not really. He was around DL for just a decade.

lazyboy97o

It is though a very telling quip. No good museum is just the same thing year after year, but it does stay true itself and retain the grand elements of its collection.

TalkingHead

Disney Twitter is legitimately home to some crazy people. Watching the DL bloggers foaming at the mouth is something else.

I mean, when you say that fans shouldn't be "complacent" about theme park changes, I have to wonder how far gone you are. Complacency? Is Walt's fake river really that important?

I get sentimental attachment, but some fanbois are frighteningly militant. How long before one of them chains himself to a tree on Tom Sawyer's Island?

HMF

Disney Twitter is legitimately home to some crazy people. Watching the DL bloggers foaming at the mouth is something else.

I mean, when you say that fans shouldn't be "complacent" about theme park changes, I have to wonder how far gone you are. Complacency? Is Walt's fake river really that important?

I get sentimental attachment, but some fanbois are frighteningly militant. How long before one of them chains himself to a tree on Tom Sawyer's Island?
I agree that the DL Fanbase can get a bit extreme and militant but i sure as hell prefer that to the apathy or downright defending mediocrity that a large portion of the WDW fanbase is guilty of. That is slowly changing but I do think it is why WDW has been in such trouble over the past decade.

Figments Friend

I really enjoy the Rivers of America at Disneyland.
There is something special about that area as once in it, wether on a boat, train, on TSI, or sitting behind the Hungry Bear Resturant on the upper level, it's calming.
It makes for a serene escape 'back to nature' in a way, away from the hustle and bustle of crowds at a theme park.

It allows for one to slow down a bit...and savor the environment around you.
I think a lot of folks forget how important it is to have experiences like that to balance out the frenzied, hurried experiences.

If the river is indeed shortened, hopefully not too much of the already carefully designed area around its banks won't be altered too drastically.
If that happens, hopefully the refreshening of the area will be a real plus and not a poorly executed effort.

-

BrianLo

as for the news I would have stayed with the plans to axe Toontown.

The plan is still to axe Toontown, just for something else.

Is shoving Star Wars Land behind Frontierland the best way to exploit the Star Wars property? Or is it just the quickest? The same question can be asked about Frozenstrom. Is that the best way to take advantage of Frozen? By shoving it onto a low capacity attraction?

This is one time I'd definitively say Disney took neither the quick or cheap way out. Love or hate the placement decisions, but they finally are making bold AND expensive ones on Star Wars.

Frozen not so much.... Stateside at least.

ctrlaltdel

The plan is still to axe Toontown, just for something else.

This is one time I'd definitively say Disney took neither the quick or cheap way out. Love or hate the placement decisions, but they finally are making bold AND expensive ones on Star Wars.

Frozen not so much.... Stateside at least.
I'm guessing that Toontown will become a FL expansion? That would make sense why they aren't using it for SWL. Seems like many on the DLR subforum are ok with the plans for RoA. They aren't getting rid of anything major permanently, and there will be better access to SWL, so I guess most will be ok with SWL there when all's said and done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom