A Spirited Perfect Ten

misterID

parks blog did a run down of the details on the revamped norway pavilion. allow me to make you want to lose your lunch (stuff in parenthesis added by yours truly):

“We’re confident that this attraction will bring more guests to the Norway pavilion (DUH) and increase their interest and knowledge of Scandinavian (when we say Scandinavian, we really mean made up, fairyland place where the common link essentially boils down to SNOW) culture, just as the World Showcase was intended to do (...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA).”

for anyone who was in epcot from 1982 to the late '90's, how can you read this drivel and not be insulted?
Oh man, that just put a bow on it...

FigmentFreak

Movies have yet to come out between now and groundbreaking - they may be holding back to announce a couple more rides for perhaps the next SW gathering/convention and/or the next D23.

If you're a die hard fan of the franchise, rides are awesome but in a way, the stores and restaurants (and perhaps roaming characters) are attractions themselves - as long as they're done on the theming level as high as Uni's Harry Potter.

Hmmm... Wondering what SW themed bathrooms will be like? ;)

The toilets will make the cute R2D2 whistle/bleep sounds as they flush.

truecoat

They showed the artwork at D23.

itsacrap-jpg.98965

HauntedMansionFLA

Movies have yet to come out between now and groundbreaking - they may be holding back to announce a couple more rides for perhaps the next SW gathering/convention and/or the next D23.

If you're a die hard fan of the franchise, rides are awesome but in a way, the stores and restaurants (and perhaps roaming characters) are attractions themselves - as long as they're done on the theming level as high as Uni's Harry Potter.

SW bathroom?
image.jpg

UpAllNight

With Disney attendance where it is, there doesn't seem to be any urgency for Disney to rush. The announcement itself generates excitement. I've seen people comment on social media, "We have to plan a trip!" When I point out that these plans won't be complete for 5 years (at least), it doesn't dim their enthusiasm - they still want to plan a trip. Why... I have no idea. Maybe they're a fan of construction walls.

It doesn't make a lot of sense. But we Disney fanatics surely understand our passion for the mouse isn't necessarily logical.

Completely agree...one of the most exciting things about visiting a theme park is seeing even more exciting things on the way. I kind of think 'wow this is awesome, and it's going to get even better!'. I go to Universal and it's vibrant, they're continuously improving and on the next trip, there's likely to be new things to do, it adds to the feel of the place. Similarly, to me Disney World felt stale when I visited in June....but with new things on the way I see a little bit of light and it makes me want to return....weird.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Completely agree...one of the most exciting things about visiting a theme park is seeing even more exciting things on the way. I kind of think 'wow this is awesome, and it's going to get even better!'. I go to Universal and it's vibrant, they're continuously improving and on the next trip, there's likely to be new things to do, it adds to the feel of the place. Similarly, to me Disney World felt stale when I visited in June....but with new things on the way I see a little bit of light and it makes me want to return....weird.

Don't get too excited about WDW until they actually start moving dirt, We've seen this over and over again, Announcement of 'New Stuff" and NOTHING happens except existing stuff is closed forever.

gmajew

Don't get too excited about WDW until they actually start moving dirt, We've seen this over and over again, Announcement of 'New Stuff" and NOTHING happens except existing stuff is closed forever.

When have the announced a new project on this stage and not build it? I am not saying your are not right but I cannot remember a project announced to the public like this and not happen. I have seen rumors we all thought were coming not happen but that is different.

jakeman

When have the announced a new project on this stage and not build it? I am not saying your are not right but I cannot remember a project announced to the public like this and not happen. I have seen rumors we all thought were coming not happen but that is different.
New Fantasyland was tweaked several times, for good or bad depending on who you ask (apathetic to either is my opinion). So there is potential that the expansions could all be scaled back. That is counter to what behind the scenes information that is being provided, but who knows what the next 5-10 years will bring?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Beastly Kingdom comes to mind immediately, it's why AK has a Dragon on the 'Tree of Life'. I'm sure the regulars can come up with a few more.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
New Fantasyland was tweaked several times, for good or bad depending on who you ask (apathetic to either is my opinion). So there is potential that the expansions could all be scaled back. That is counter to what behind the scenes information that is being provided, but who knows what the next 5-10 years will bring?

Exactly my point @jakeman IF NFL had been built the way WDI wanted it would have been an awesome addition to the MK, Instead it was value engineered to the state we see today which is merely a pretty hardscape with a couple of nice rides instead of a E-ticket and some people eaters plus Pixie Hollow for the fairy crowd I thought Pixie Hollow would have been a great addition as girls of all ages love them from toddlers to grandmothers.

jakeman

Exactly my point @jakeman IF NFL had been built the way WDI wanted it would have been an awesome addition to the MK, Instead it was value engineered to the state we see today which is merely a pretty hardscape with a couple of nice rides instead of a E-ticket and some people eaters plus Pixie Hollow for the fairy crowd I thought Pixie Hollow would have been a great addition as girls of all ages love them from toddlers to grandmothers.
As a counterpoint, remember that NFL was leaked before Disney was ready. So essentially a draft version was presented out of necessity at the first D23. I'm not saying the same sequence of events wouldn't have happened, but it is important to remember the context of that announcement.

truecoat

You must be referring to post 7DMT decision, but pre build?

gmajew

Were the plans they wanted to build ever ever released to the public as they were building that? They rolled out concept out and had the pixie hallow but they did make that change for 7dmt but that was a plus in my eyes.

My question then still stands have they ever rolled out announced a land or a attraction with attraction list and not build it? to my understand beastly kingdom was always just conceptual and was never announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom