A Spirited Perfect Ten

Next Big Thing

I am thinking terrible capacity too. There are only 2 blocks, so three trains at a time max. And the length doesn't appear to be much longer than 7DMT.
Ehhh, I think it seems considerably longer than SDMT. There's no dark ride scene and I expect it to be going fairly consistently at 35mph+, possibly hitting 40, unlike SDMT. So it should feel like a fairly quick, yet mildly thrilling coaster.

And I don't mean "mildly" in a bad sense. I think the track layout has a lot of decent aspects to it that should make it fun.

Disneyhead'71

Ehhh, I think it seems considerably longer than SDMT. There's no dark ride scene and I expect it to be going fairly consistently at 35mph+, possibly hitting 40, unlike SDMT. So it should feel like a fairly quick, yet mildly thrilling coaster.

And I don't mean "mildly" in a bad sense. I think the track layout has a lot of decent aspects to it that should make it fun.
I like the rocking at the top of the first lift hill and the bunny hops after the launch.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I see the comparisons coming already. I'll just kick back and enjoy all the great things that's coming to both resorts. Except....... Well, you know.....

Well you will get to visit new attractions at at least ONE of the Orlando parks, We have ANNOUNCEMENTS from TWDC, But as of yet no CONSTRUCTION, Let me know if it starts sometime in the next decade or so.

pax_65

With Disney attendance where it is, there doesn't seem to be any urgency for Disney to rush. The announcement itself generates excitement. I've seen people comment on social media, "We have to plan a trip!" When I point out that these plans won't be complete for 5 years (at least), it doesn't dim their enthusiasm - they still want to plan a trip. Why... I have no idea. Maybe they're a fan of construction walls.

It doesn't make a lot of sense. But we Disney fanatics surely understand our passion for the mouse isn't necessarily logical.

gmajew

With Disney attendance where it is, there doesn't seem to be any urgency for Disney to rush. The announcement itself generates excitement. I've seen people comment on social media, "We have to plan a trip!" When I point out that these plans won't be complete for 5 years (at least), it doesn't dim their enthusiasm - they still want to plan a trip. Why... I have no idea. Maybe they're a fan of construction walls.

It doesn't make a lot of sense. But we Disney fanatics surely understand our passion for the mouse isn't necessarily logical.

It makes a ton of sense when you look at it. Disney pulled off a major PR win this past weekend. With it people that have not thought about a trip or planned a trip back to WDW are now seeing stuff on all media and are thinking hey we need to make a trip.... It just build excitement for the overall product and if it pushes 5% to make a decision to take a trip in the next 5 years that is a huge huge plus for the resort.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It makes a ton of sense when you look at it. Disney pulled off a major PR win this past weekend. With it people that have not thought about a trip or planned a trip back to WDW are now seeing stuff on all media and are thinking hey we need to make a trip.... It just build excitement for the overall product and if it pushes 5% to make a decision to take a trip in the next 5 years that is a huge huge plus for the resort.

That 5 percent will go even if none of the announcements ever are built. So the finely tuned Disney PR machine has indeed done it's job.

Mike S

Fair point, That said Kong IS going vertical. So TPWMNBN has the lead on 'new' attractions.
What? Also, Kong is way past vertical.
image.jpg

Check out my thread in the Uni section sometime :)

Iwerks64

Yep. Some pretty exciting announcements and as a die-hard Disney fan I will love to see all of the new attractions. I put it on my calendar today to plan a trip with my family for 2020. I might have grandchildren by then that will help justify it.

baymenxpac

parks blog did a run down of the details on the revamped norway pavilion. allow me to make you want to lose your lunch (stuff in parenthesis added by yours truly):

“We’re confident that this attraction will bring more guests to the Norway pavilion (DUH) and increase their interest and knowledge of Scandinavian (when we say Scandinavian, we really mean made up, fairyland place where the common link essentially boils down to SNOW) culture, just as the World Showcase was intended to do (...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA).”

for anyone who was in epcot from 1982 to the late '90's, how can you read this drivel and not be insulted?

Last edited:

Mike S

parks blog did a run down of the details on the revamped norway pavilion. allow me to make you want to lose your lunch (stuff in parenthesis added by yours truly):

“We’re confident that this attraction will bring more guests to the Norway pavilion (DUH) and increase their interest and knowledge of Scandinavian (when we say Scandinavian, we really mean made up, fairyland place where the common link essentially boils down to SNOW) culture, just as the World Showcase was intended to do (...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA).”

for anyone who was in epcot from 1982 to the late '90's, how can you read this drivel and not be insulted?
Whoever wrote that needs to take a trip. Back, back, over the falls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom