A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As a counterpoint, remember that NFL was leaked before Disney was ready. So essentially a draft version was presented out of necessity at the first D23. I'm not saying the same sequence of events wouldn't have happened, but it is important to remember the context of that announcement.

Good point I've always wondered whether the leak came from WDI in an effort to prevent the 'value engineering' process.

jakeman

Were the plans they wanted to build ever ever released to the public as they were building that? They rolled out concept out and had the pixie hallow but they did make that change for 7dmt but that was a plus in my eyes.

My question then still stands have they ever rolled out announced a land or a attraction with attraction list and not build it? to my understand beastly kingdom was always just conceptual and was never announced.
From D23? Beyond NFL tweaks, nothing.

From the history of Disney's theme park development? Before the opening of Epcot.

gmajew

From D23? Beyond NFL tweaks, nothing. From the history of Disney's theme park development? Before the opening of Epcot.

Just in general in the last 20 years have they announced a project and not built it? Meaning they held the press conference announced to the world they wee building it and then did not do it?

Value engineering is an evil different issue in my eyes... as they still built the stuff it just all was not great....

peter11435

Exactly my point @jakeman IF NFL had been built the way WDI wanted it would have been an awesome addition to the MK, Instead it was value engineered to the state we see today which is merely a pretty hardscape with a couple of nice rides instead of a E-ticket and some people eaters plus Pixie Hollow for the fairy crowd I thought Pixie Hollow would have been a great addition as girls of all ages love them from toddlers to grandmothers.
I don't know how you can even take yourself seriously if you honestly think pixie hallow should have been built.

peter11435

Just in general in the last 20 years have they announced a project and not built it? Meaning they held the press conference announced to the world they wee building it and then did not do it?

Value engineering is an evil different issue in my eyes... as they still built the stuff it just all was not great....
As far as I know only David Copperfield (which was canceled due to the partner), the Eagle Pines Resort (Saratoga Springs happened instead) and to some extent Pop Century (where half eventually became Art of Animation)

jakeman

Do we know if those bleachers at Fantasmic ever got built? ;)

RandySavage

My question then still stands have they ever rolled out announced a land or a attraction with attraction list and not build it? to my understand beastly kingdom was always just conceptual and was never announced.

To my recollection, this had happened a number of times. Here's an example from DLR, but I feel like I've seen other promo pieces for EPCOT & MGM (Roger Rabbit's Hollywood, Copperfield restaurant, etc.):

Paris also hyped up a number of never-built attractions (Mermaid, B&B, MGM-Europe with a totally different roster) in their giddy pre-opening/opening timeframe.

Last edited:

Bairstow

When have the announced a new project on this stage and not build it? I am not saying your are not right but I cannot remember a project announced to the public like this and not happen. I have seen rumors we all thought were coming not happen but that is different.
Beastly Kingdommmme comes to mind.

cmmcavefire.jpg

gmajew

Eh, that's splitting a hair there. They changed the name, purpose, and layout. Other than location every aspect of the project appeared to be canned.

LOL Ok shopping area with restaurants and entertainment to shopping area with restaurant and entertainment same purpose in my eyes.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't know how you can even take yourself seriously if you honestly think pixie hallow should have been built.

Because of the Disney Fairies INSANE popularity with women of all ages, I'd say that alone warrants the 'Pixie Hollow' concept, I would not visit but for sure all the girls and women in my family would.

peter11435

Because of the Disney Fairies INSANE popularity with women of all ages, I'd say that alone warrants the 'Pixie Hollow' concept, I would not visit but for sure all the girls and women in my family would.
And if they would have built it I can GUARANTEE you would have done nothing but complain about it and how they shouldn't be building something that only appeals to little girls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom