A Spirited Perfect Ten

asianway

As many as you want, just cant BYO anymore. You can be a slobbering alcoholic wreck, you just have to pay the mouse.

This also means no consuming alcohol in public spaces.... so if you and someone wanted to enjoy a quiet glass of champagne while watching the sunset, thats verboten as well.
Speaking as someone who spent their first day doing laundry because some beer exploded in some other guys suitcase leaking onto our checked luggage, I don't know that I have as huge an issue with this one.

Cesar R M

Nubs70

Speaking as someone who spent their first day doing laundry because some beer exploded in some other guys suitcase leaking onto our checked luggage, I don't know that I have as huge an issue with this one.
But when you go to settle your bill at the end of you cruise and find you have an $850 bar tab that was missed between the wife's new found love for $25 ice cream drinks and magic bands.

StageFrenzy

Oh yeah, right. I got ya. Because 7DMT is family coaster themed to going underground to see little people and treasure. And Gringott's is a family coaster themed to going underground to see little people and treasure. Totally different.
You forgot the wicked witch, they both have a wicked witch. Oh and both of them are too proud of themselves, seriously both rides do not deserve the fanfare they give themselves in the end.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Oh yeah, right. I got ya. Because 7DMT is family coaster themed to going underground to see little people and treasure. And Gringott's is a family coaster themed to going underground to see little people and treasure. Totally different.
What was I thinking. Levels of intensity almost the same. You could probably completely swap them for each other and never know the difference.

Next Big Thing

So why did Animation need to close at DHS? Nothing was announced for that area, right?

I'm surprised that the DHS changes weren't presented as a re-imagining of the park a la DCA's redo. I guess the execs prefer dribbling out the new stuff in Florida. Still, they could've vaguely promised new shows, new entertainment, etc.
Launch Bay is expected to go in there.

Longhairbear

We admittedly drink more than most on our Disney Cruise ( never, ever sloppy) and we've only seen one sloppy couple on 3 7-days. We bought most of our drinks from the ship, but had 1-2 late evening cocktails on the limited carry on liquor we brought normally after all of the bars had closed. So DCL wasn't losing any money. But now...they likely will. if they want to increase on-board liquor sales they should continue to improve over 21 evening activities.
We did the same thing on the Wonder. We enjoyed our evenings in the Cadillac Lounge, and then after closing we made cocktails in our cabin to bring up on deck in the adult section.

ItlngrlBella

Considering that ground breaking is still a long ways off, I'm not concerned. Gotta think there's more.

Movies have yet to come out between now and groundbreaking - they may be holding back to announce a couple more rides for perhaps the next SW gathering/convention and/or the next D23.

If you're a die hard fan of the franchise, rides are awesome but in a way, the stores and restaurants (and perhaps roaming characters) are attractions themselves - as long as they're done on the theming level as high as Uni's Harry Potter.

Hmmm... Wondering what SW themed bathrooms will be like? ;)

Next Big Thing

7DMT is actually a more intense coaster than Gringott's.
I disagree if only because of the launch near the end of the ride.

Overall, I expect Slinky's to be more intense than every WDW coaster except E:E and RNRC. Obviously WDW isn't known for intense coasters, but it should be a fun little coaster that will probably have terrible capacity if it's anything like FireChaser at Dollywood (750 riders per hour).

Disneyhead'71

I disagree if only because of the launch near the end of the ride.

Overall, I expect Slinky's to be more intense than every WDW coaster except E:E and RNRC. Obviously WDW isn't known for intense coasters, but it should be a fun little coaster that will probably have terrible capacity if it's anything like FireChaser at Dollywood (750 riders per hour).
I am thinking terrible capacity too. There are only 2 blocks, so three trains at a time max. And the length doesn't appear to be much longer than 7DMT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom