A Spirited Perfect Ten

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
They automatically assume the guest level bookings will stay the same and that this would not impact it.
While I share your outrage over this change, I guarantee that those making these decisions are not so stupid as to "automatically believe" anything. Their belief, whatever it is, would be based on studies and information, not an "automatic" setting or default view. And I would be extraordinarily surprised if they believed this policy would have zero impact on bookings. People in management at big companies are smarter than your average 6 year old.

They may well have underestimated the effect it will have, but it won't have been due to an "automatic" belief or one that doesn't consider basic microeconomics.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Six beers when you board plus six beers at every port? How much alcohol can you possibly consume where that's not enough to get plenty drunk every night without ever buying a drop from Disney?
Ports aren't every day. On my five-night, we sent to Cozumel and Castaway Cay. So that's one restock only. And no vodka, or gin, or anything hard at all? That's pretty big. Not "You've ruined my vacation" big, but big.

JoeCamel

They did not confiscate the Listerine? Not on the prohibited list? Good I can stay whacked for the whole cruise with that. Better than wine - just about brandy. MMMMm,mmm - Good ;)

Rodan75

Well, that news just made up our mind about any future cruises with Disney. We always bring our own bar supplies, and sip them on deck.

We admittedly drink more than most on our Disney Cruise ( never, ever sloppy) and we've only seen one sloppy couple on 3 7-days. We bought most of our drinks from the ship, but had 1-2 late evening cocktails on the limited carry on liquor we brought normally after all of the bars had closed. So DCL wasn't losing any money. But now...they likely will. if they want to increase on-board liquor sales they should continue to improve over 21 evening activities.

slaball1

They did not confiscate the Listerine? Not on the prohibited list? Good I can stay whacked for the whole cruise with that. Better than wine - just about brandy. MMMMm,mmm - Good ;)
Actually they did! I had to buy a travel size from the gift shop. When in the baggage claim, was told it was because ppl smuggle alcohol in them

Funmeister

A bunch of people talking about wanting "rides" to someone else who wants more rides does not an overwhelming argument make. If one went to DAK knowing the intellectual aspects and appreciating that then it is a full day park. If all they want is an adrenaline charge then they will be unhappy. That doesn't change the mission statement of the park. It just doesn't fit them because they don't understand or cannot appreciate it.

Ok, but you replied to my post which had nothing to do with that.

doctornick

Except during the presentation when he mentioned the climactic battle ride it showed a picture of storm troopers going down some kind of hallway. Something tells me that ride won't take place in space.
Do we know that both the Star Wars attractions are going to be rides?
Was sneaking the word "epic" in reference to the battle a clue that the Indy stunt show format is going to be reused?

Hmmm. I can't imagine it would be practical given the attendance at Disney parks, but could they consider some kind of walk through interactive portion as a major part? Like the now gone Borg Invasion in Las Vegas?

ctrlaltdel

I see the comparisons coming already. I'll just kick back and enjoy all the great things that's coming to both resorts. Except....... Well, you know.....
Nintendo Land would be pretty much the perfect thing to go between SWL and TSL. I know, I know, it doesn't fit with the theme of DHS but it would it would be a great family section with the potential for a great E-ticket...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom