• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

A Spirited Perfect Ten

flynnibus

You have a source for that one or more Endless Speculation?
It would make sense give the problems TSI presents in the modern 'fear everything' world. Operational PITA since it must be evacuated with weather and at dusk. The lack of accessibility... The whole fear of people hurting themselves... etc. The whole concept has been a bit of a albatross in the modern Disney with it's demise always on the tip of tongues whenever major reworks are needed to keep it going.

It would make sense give the problems TSI presents in the modern 'fear everything' world. Operational PITA since it must be evacuated with weather and at dusk. The lack of accessibility... The whole fear of people hurting themselves... etc. The whole concept has been a bit of a albatross in the modern Disney with it's demise always on the tip of tongues whenever major reworks are needed to keep it going.
I dont like this idea one bit.

I find myself obligated on occasion to point out that the parade is 40 years old and the fireworks show is 10 years old only to us. The completely or dangerously obsessed Disney fan. To anyone seeing them for the first time, they are brand new and it seems, (pardon the expression) universally loved.

I know there is a lot of cyber time given to how Disney doesn't cater at all to the multi-time visitor and it totally escapes me how anyone would think they should. First of all, we are but a small portion of the overall gate ticks. Second, with us, Disney has to spend a few billion a year just to keep us from complaining too much. We are not paying the bills, in spite of our insistence that we are. It wouldn't hurt to have some new stuff, I agree, but there is no urgency to it, since we are a small factor in their decision making process.

We are in a whole new time and space. The need for Disney 50 years ago to cater to the return visitor was essential to continue staying in business. We are no longer the thread that holds it all together. Long range will it matter. Who knows! I understand that they keep making new future visitors every single day and the supply isn't likely to run out soon. So, for our own mental health, it would seem wise to, at least, understand that and accept that the 21st Century has arrived and it is creating itself as it speeds along. The best we can do is hang on for the ride.
Sooooooo, you are trying to totally negate the concept of "stale" because at least one person in the audience is seeing it for the first time?

Mmmmmo, kay!??! Seems legit.

But I've been drinking.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The plans call for one E Ticket.
Thanks. That is all. I will make a note that this is not a joke. I've seen calls for disclaimers to be added to jokes, I think for me, it is simpler to add disclaimers to non-jokes.

Also, I stated that IMO, MK was the one park that really cried out for an E-ticket whereas I felt that the other parts of the property needed many more smaller type things to round them out back when NFL was announced. So, at this stage, I like this concept better than NFL. I'll be curious to see what gets built and how it all plays out, but I consider this very good news.

What river is quintessentially more American than the mighty Mississippi? The ultimate loophole. West of the Mississippi indeed. :lookaroun

That would be so awesome. I'm now totally banking on Disney building the world's largest Marvel Land to the left of the RoA, their team of legal experts with complete pigheaded conviction arguing this is what they meant all along with 'West of the Mississippi'. :D

jt04

That would be so awesome. I'm now totally banking on Disney building the world's largest Marvel Land to the left of the RoA, their team of legal experts with complete pigheaded conviction arguing this is what they meant all along with 'West of the Mississippi'. :D
I am printing this, framing it and hanging it over my fireplace. Forever! :hilarious:

Leaves thread again. :cat:

I can't see removing Tom Sawyer Island being in the plans, there's just SO MUCH that would have to be done to make that work.
You fill in the river, knock down the fort, close off the caves etc. It would take time, but it could be done. They had no trouble erasing the 20K lagoon from MK history.

I would hate to loose it though. The Island's design is unique to MK (as Tokyo copied Anaheim) and do we really need less water, trees and shade in MK? It's like the one quiet place left in the park.

ChrisFL

You fill in the river, knock down the fort, close off the caves etc. It would take time, but it could be done. They had no trouble erasing the 20K lagoon from MK history.

I would hate to loose it though. The Island's design is unique to MK (as Tokyo copied Anaheim) and do we really need less water, trees and shade in MK? It's like the one quiet place left in the park.
I just can't see the Disney company actually spending that much money to change the land for something, unless it was a #1 blockbuster SYNERGY movement :)

stevehousse

Ok so you need to fast forward to the 10:00 mark for the English part of the chorus. I still don't understand why this part of the song wasn't incorporated into the American parade! It's a nice chorus that could have played 2-3 times between the parade like the Spectromagic chorus did...thoughts on why they didn't utilize this at all?