A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

Wow a lot has happened in the 11 days ive been abroad, so let me get this straight:

1. The name is Disney Hollywood Adventure?
2. Star Wars/ Pixar place expansion
3. Illuminations overlay/ update
4. Frontierland expansion?!
5. Seasonal Country Bear Jamboree
6. Update on wishes
Is that correct ive been sifting through the conversations, but just want to verify! Thanks ya'll

1 - No idea.
2 - Yes.
3 - Yes.
4 - Maybe.
5 - Dunno.
6 - Rumored.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
No You're right, Its gonna be tested in August. Its coming whether people like it or not.
And much better for gate throughput at Disneyland...frankly.

FP+ at DL may actually yield positive results considering they have a much higher attraction capacity out there.

It may even help them to realize that FP+ could work better at WDW if given the same. Who knows, maybe this could be a good thing.

NearTheEars

Im hoping with the box office success of Inside Out that it takes over Imagination as well. It only had a 42% drop this weekend with Minions entering the marketplace, which is fantastic. This is the best word of mouth for a Disney film since Frozen

Sort of related:
Now, we didn't go in every store in the MK or DHS, but we were shocked that we didn't see a single Inside Out plush or anything related to the film at the parks in the past couple of weeks.

Stevek

They would have to be completely replaced. It would be a new build, and frankly, it's shameful that the supposed #1 theme park in the world is running such a worn-down relic. TDL once again shows how it's done. The new and newly refurbished units are gorgeous.
And as cool as Paint the Night is at DL, Dreamlights feels much more Disney to me.

WDW1974

Original Poster
First, nice to see @whylightbulb 's return here. I was afraid he had burned out or something! :D

As to his information, I don't have first-hand knowledge of what may be happening in Frontierland. I know lots of ideas have been tossed around for expanding the area over the last decade. This sounds like it is VERY pricey. Much more so than what I was told the BoD had approved at their Orlando meeting. That isn't to say I don't buy it. It's possible that the capital for this is being allocated separately from the Studios makeover/rebranding and it is making its way thru the process.

I would hate to lose TSI, even if (as I told a friend today) it's been at least a decade since I've gone over there (more due to weather and being in the MK at night than lack of interest), so I would hope that idea has been quashed. I can't imagine having Frontierland sans the RoA. I don't wish to see that.

Then the question is ''If they're doing this, what IP are they tying this to?'' as it seems like only IP-connected properties are getting the greenlight. Lone Ranger would have been perfect, but we saw what happened there (to a good film, no less). .... I would absolutely hate if the major E-Ticket was a raft ride. I don't care how pretty they are (and we should hear about SDL's dino-themed Roaring Rapids this week), to me, they'll always remind me of a Six Flags type park. I just have never really enjoyed the idea of getting soaked while dressed in a theme park. I know, I'm strange!

This is certainly intriguing. And I'll look into it. But the source is quite good and any regular here should know that!

PhotoDave219

First, nice to see @whylightbulb 's return here. I was afraid he had burned out or something! :D

As to his information, I don't have first-hand knowledge of what may be happening in Frontierland. I know lots of ideas have been tossed around for expanding the area over the last decade. This sounds like it is VERY pricey. Much more so than what I was told the BoD had approved at their Orlando meeting. That isn't to say I don't buy it. It's possible that the capital for this is being allocated separately from the Studios makeover/rebranding and it is making its way thru the process.

I would hate to lose TSI, even if (as I told a friend today) it's been at least a decade since I've gone over there (more due to weather and being in the MK at night than lack of interest), so I would hope that idea has been quashed. I can't imagine having Frontierland sans the RoA. I don't wish to see that.

Then the question is ''If they're doing this, what IP are they tying this to?'' as it seems like only IP-connected properties are getting the greenlight. Lone Ranger would have been perfect, but we saw what happened there (to a good film, no less). .... I would absolutely hate if the major E-Ticket was a raft ride. I don't care how pretty they are (and we should hear about SDL's dino-themed Roaring Rapids this week), to me, they'll always remind me of a Six Flags type park. I just have never really enjoyed the idea of getting soaked while dressed in a theme park. I know, I'm strange!

This is certainly intriguing. And I'll look into it. But the source is quite good and any regular here should know that!

Oh I trust his information.... Just because it comes from him, it shoots towards the top of the Rumors list. Whether or not it survives the budgetary process is another matter altogether.

WDW1974

Original Poster

WDW1974

Original Poster
Sorry if this is off topic, but after Shanghai, where do you see Disney opening a new resort? I heard awhile ago that they were looking at Australia, but idk if that was just rumors.

I don't. I really don't.

The Australia thing happened around 2006-07 if I'm recalling correct and they did it very quietly as nothing ever leaked. I heard about it years later.

The places that fans throw out as possibilities like Brazil and India just aren't.

And since there won't be third gates in Anaheim or fifth gates in the swamps, one need only look to Asia for where Disney will expand with another park in HK (very soon) and a third in Tokyo (likely a decade out).

WDW1974

Original Poster
I seriously don't understand why people wish for cloned attractions or bygone and long forgotten things that were passed over for various reasons.

I want something new and something that no one ever heard of.

That's because people don't know what they want. A truly forward-thinking visionary company gets that and gives them things they never even thought possible, let alone something they coveted.

Trouble is today's Disney has gotten lazy. It has rested on its laurels for so long in Florida that often it simply is giving people what they say they want, or think they do.

I guarandamntee you that if Disney Guests had the chance at an E-Ticket Frozen attraction created from scratch, they'd gladly wait and not get excited over sing alongs, cupcake parties, fireworks and shoehorning an overlay onto Maelstrom.

Asking people what they want is usually only a good idea either before sex or serving food.

WDW1974

Original Poster
People eating family rides and E-Ticket are not mutually exclusive. I have no idea what's in the cards, if truly anything (though I trust whylightbulb), but Frontierland E-Ticket does not automatically mean a new mountain.

I'd be shocked if it was. It would look strange as well ...

I also think what that park needs most is a good, long, family people-eater ... an attraction that can eat 2,000 guests an hour at least. When you see some of these new 21st century attractions get 1/3rd or 1/4er the hourly throughput of attractions built from say 1965-85, you know something is VERY wrong with the way WDI approaches things today.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'd be shocked if it was. It would look strange as well ...

I also think what that park needs most is a good, long, family people-eater ... an attraction that can eat 2,000 guests an hour at least. When you see some of these new 21st century attractions get 1/3rd or 1/4er the hourly throughput of attractions built from say 1965-85, you know something is VERY wrong with the way WDI approaches things today.
A people eater, eh? Will it be one eyed, one horned, and purple?

(sorry, couldn't help but to make the quip, excuse my late night quirky humor)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom