A Spirited Perfect Ten

Magenta Panther

I'm not sure, @whylightbulb is a pretty reliable source. Not going to read anything into whats going to happen other than add it to the list of things that seem likely, once we get another source to back it up.

And for those keeping track.... this is whats likely.

DHS: (2.8B)
Star Wars
Pixar
Parking Garage/Infrastructure

Epcot: (350m)
Illuminations replacement/overhaul (so says @marni1971 & @WDW1974)

MK: (350m)
Frontierland expansion waiting to be verified. (On-again, off again for many years per Martin... so wait and see)

Wow, I wonder what they may be planning for Frontierland? Something original, or something based on...what? Davy Crockett? The mind reels...

Magenta Panther

I'm not sure, @whylightbulb is a pretty reliable source. Not going to read anything into whats going to happen other than add it to the list of things that seem likely, once we get another source to back it up.

Star Wars
Pixar

Frontierland expansion waiting to be verified. (On-again, off again for many years per Martin... so wait and see)

Could the Frontierland expansion involve Pirates in any way? Yes, I realize Adventureland would be a better fit, but they put Frozen in Epcot, so...

brb1006

Ok so you need to fast forward to the 10:00 mark for the English part of the chorus. I still don't understand why this part of the song wasn't incorporated into the American parade! It's a nice chorus that could have played 2-3 times between the parade like the Spectromagic chorus did...thoughts on why they didn't utilize this at all?

I wonder why the showstop wasn't present for the Disneyland version?

stevehousse

The show stop doesn't work all to well if you actually watch the different videos on YouTube. However, they still should have included the chorus paint the night theme for the DL parade. If you have seen Spectromagic before, they played the chorus about 2-3 times during the parade route, and it could have easily been applied to here...

Cesar R M

You fill in the river, knock down the fort, close off the caves etc. It would take time, but it could be done. They had no trouble erasing the 20K lagoon from MK history.

I would hate to loose it though. The Island's design is unique to MK (as Tokyo copied Anaheim) and do we really need less water, trees and shade in MK? It's like the one quiet place left in the park.
so, paving paradise and building ANOTHER parking lot?

Cesar R M

I do not know what to make of this. It's great news but wow! Every park needs a lot of help before mk.
well. MK definitively needs help.. but maintenance wise.
But like others said, they have been fixing almost every issue with Pirates.
And that is GREAT NEWS.. considering it was in a pathetic state of neglect.

I hope tomorrowland also gets love.
everyone says that space mountain is pretty much falling apart.

BrianLo

I wonder why the showstop wasn't present for the Disneyland version?

North American audiences usually don't understand show-stops. They tend to equate it with the parade breaking down or stalling out, thereby negatively impacting guest satisfaction with the product.

For it to work it has to be made very, very obvious it was intentional. Big changes in music, transformation of whatever float is parked in front of you, dancers grabbing kids at the side-lines to bring them in etc.

It ultimately wasn't deemed worth the trouble when they could just add an extra float to Anaheim to prop up running time.

BrianLo

Star Wars
Pixar

Although it leads to further speculation, there probably deserves to be a +Unknown Reno(s) and/or Attraction(s) to the DHS and Epcot sub-headings. It is "likely" there is more for both. It is unlikely that some random blogger will be first to break it though. ;)

PhotoDave219

Although it leads to further speculation, there probably deserves to be a +Unknown Reno(s) and/or Attraction(s) to the DHS and Epcot sub-headings. It is "likely" there is more for both. It is unlikely that some random blogger will be first to break it though. ;)

Indeed. I think we'll have to start maintaining an actual list at some point....

Cody5294

Star Wars
Pixar

Im hoping with the box office success of Inside Out that it takes over Imagination as well. It only had a 42% drop this weekend with Minions entering the marketplace, which is fantastic. This is the best word of mouth for a Disney film since Frozen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom