A Spirited Perfect Ten

the.dreamfinder

I hope its another mountain!
It won't happen, but...
thunder-mesa.jpg

Quinnmac000

I'm okay with old concepts if they are completely revamped to be made fresh but I'm not a fan of the western river expedition. Its a little too long and not fresh enough. I would love something on the darker side to add contrast to the light nature of frontierland.

Maybe something involving a mountain and getting caught in a blizzard or a trek ride out west on the Oregon Trail filled with thrills. But thats blue sky and not getting into that.

gmajew

Premium Member
Not sure beyond @whylightbulb suggests it is happening. I havent heard this but hey, my spies are on the beach with Hans Gruber earning 20%....

Exactly what this entails..... IDK.

I am not buying it. Just does not seem like the park that needs to most love right now or even the area. If this land gets love it needs people eating rides family rides not more mountains as they have two.

does not make sense

yensidtlaw1969

I seriously don't understand why people wish for cloned attractions or bygone and long forgotten things that were passed over for various reasons.

I want something new and something that no one ever heard of.
It's easier to see what's cool about an idea that's been fleshed out or developed than one that hasn't yet been made public. Especially in days like this when Disney's recent outings haven't all been hits, a new idea that isn't a guaranteed smash vs. something like Indiana Jones or Western River Expedition which have verifiable attributes can easily end up with people hoping for the latter.

That said, I agree with you. I want Disney producing new attractions that raise the bar higher than we knew we could hope for. They used to pretty consistently, and there should be no reason they can't anymore.

71jason

I don't think for example that the Stars and Stripes and the tribute to the flag has an expiration date, at least I hope not.

While love of country should never go out of style, the way we express that love certainly does. Imagine a 1944 USO show being played in 1984 Disney World? Wouldn't it feel retro/nostalgia-based? Because you're looking at the same spread of time.

brb1006

In 2001 walt disney world did run the main street electrical parade with jingle bells over the music. Quite possibly the biggest upgrade to the parade there has been in the past 20 years... of course, it didn't last! Heaven forbid anything too seasonal runs!
I wish they brought that back for the return of MSEP since it's third return to WDW.

yensidtlaw1969

I am not buying it. Just does not seem like the park that needs to most love right now or even the area. If this land gets love it needs people eating rides family rides not more mountains as they have two.

does not make sense
People eating family rides and E-Ticket are not mutually exclusive. I have no idea what's in the cards, if truly anything (though I trust whylightbulb), but Frontierland E-Ticket does not automatically mean a new mountain.

Goofyernmost

While love of country should never go out of style, the way we express that love certainly does. Imagine a 1944 USO show being played in 1984 Disney World? Wouldn't it feel retro/nostalgia-based? Because you're looking at the same spread of time.
I'm older then dirt, yet 1944 was before my time, so I'm not sure that what I am seeing is from that vintage. Could be, but, it's not something that I have ever thought about, nor plan too! It is "large" and larger then it needs to be, but, I do not associate it with any specific time frame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom