A Sad Sad Day At Epcot

Terp02

Originally posted by wild01ride
At least we're not drinking Lowenbrau at the Volkswagon pavilion located at Comcast Center!

Well you really can't drink ANYTHING at the Comcast Center, since it's a college basketball arena located on the campus of the University of Maryland, which is where I go. :rolleyes: http://umterps.collegesports.com/facilities/md-comcast-center.html

Anyway, I didn't know they sold Moosehead at Canada. When I was at Epcot with the Maryland Marching Band (we were down there for the Gator Bowl) my friends who could drink only got the yard of Bass. Good to know for the next time I'm down there.

JazzDKD

Originally posted by tbell
yes, we should be crying over beer.... more bad news...maybe everyone already knows this but there is NO more Ringnes beer in Norway..... *sniff sniff*

Is this true. I had heard good things about the Ringnes and was looking forward to trying it as we strolled through the World Showcase. How long ago did they do this?

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
Originally posted by wild01ride
*In my best possible Eric Cartman voice:*

"Why God, Why??!!"
:lol:

Talk about corporate sellout! Isn't Lowenbrau what Eddie (National Lampoon's Vacation movies) drinks??

No, Cosin Eddie's swill of choice was Meister Brau.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hate to disagree but Laughing Brew is twice the beer of Becks. Dont get me wrong I like them both but the Bavarian beer s tend to have the edge IMHO of course.

Does this mean that I can no longer have my lunch and a couple of steins of "hello cheeky" @Oktoberfest? Loosing a bit of the theme if thats true.

phlydude

Originally posted by Brad
They do; Sam Adams. You know the patriot-brewer.
It fits perfectly.

Man alot has changed in 5 years back there...

** I need to stop and spend some time in the World Showcase this trip**

lebernadin

Originally posted by Terp02
Well you really can't drink ANYTHING at the Comcast Center, since it's a college basketball arena located on the campus of the University of Maryland, which is where I go. :rolleyes:

wildride was making a funnAy, pointing out that, had Disney been bought by Comcast, the sponsorships may have gotten out of control.

But at the same time, most pavilions are "the lowenbrau pavilion" etc, its just not as shoved down your throat as it could be, but there's signage in each "country" or pavilion and at the beginning of many attractions/films.

spoodles

"Here's to good friends. Tonight is kinda special. The beer we'll pour must be something more somehow. So tonight, tonight, let it be Lowenbrau."

God I love beer.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Biggyt
Its a sad day to see Beck's go:cry:

They should bring in some other better beers, like
HACKER-PSCHORR,PAULANER, and
WARSTEINER. But that will not happen. So long the the 32's they were great.

Hmmm.. maybe Disney and Busch Gardens should partner up, stick a brewery in the middle of Epcot (the future of brewing beer?) and pass out free beer samples at the front gate. :)

Have a "zip-ah-dee-do-dah" day (with Disney and Budweiser) ;)

aimster

Originally posted by Corum
One of my favorite things: some Fish & Chips, a nice Bass Ale, and watching Off Kilter perform at the England Pavillion. I'm not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy a nice Bass. :slurp:

Ummmm... Off Kilter performs at the Canadian pavillion. The British Invasion performs at the England pavillion.

That being said though, I agree the fish & chips at the England Pavillion are awesome. I once had a sitdown lunch at the Rose & Crown. I remember getting the thing that was various meats & cheeses (forgot what it was called on the menu). Was quite tasty! I could've stayed there all day as I'm a total sucker for British accents.

BTW... does anyone know of the one shop in the England Pavillion still has any Cadbury Wispa bars left for sale? I found out they're not making Wispas anymore and they're my favourites. I can't get them at the local Brit goods store anymore. I'm hoping my friend who's in London right now visiting family was able to hunt a few down for me. I NEED MY CADBURY!!!

Dayma

The beer is part of the culture so I say leave it. Beer is NOT evil. Why do people think that beer is evil and kids should not see it?

speck76

Certain people in this country think that by hiding things from children, the children will not know about them, and will not participate in them. These are the same ppl that think that $ex, drugs, and violence on TV turns daughters into whores and sons into spaced out thieves.

This has no logic. Kids don't need to see this stuff, but it should not be hidden from them, it should be explained to them, so that they know the effects and consequences.

Figment1986

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
Hmmm.. maybe Disney and Busch Gardens should partner up, stick a brewery in the middle of Epcot (the future of brewing beer?) and pass out free beer samples at the front gate. :)

Have a "zip-ah-dee-do-dah" day (with Disney and Budweiser) ;)

Brilliant absolutely brilliant, (i have yet to get bud and i go to BGT frequently....)

Too bad they would never do it, Universal partnership... however if alcahol could sponsor an attraction that might change someday...... imagine a new country, Ireland, sponsored by guiness.... (or the other one which i forgot... Guiness is good..)

1disneydood

Originally posted by speck76
Certain people in this country think that by hiding things from children, the children will not know about them, and will not participate in them. These are the same ppl that think that $ex, drugs, and violence on TV turns daughters into whores and sons into spaced out thieves.

This has no logic. Kids don't need to see this stuff, but it should not be hidden from them, it should be explained to them, so that they know the effects and consequences.

I was sheltered from all "harsh things" as a child but still managed to have some very very very bad times as a teenager. That is until I cleaned my act up. ;) Hiding things from children can't stop them from becoming a ____ up if it's going to happen.

The Mom

Premium Member
When I first started going to Epcot (1982...a few months after it opened) you could only get beer or wine at the sit-down restaurants.

It was a pain! After walking around for a couple of hours in the 90 degree weather, a nice cold beer would have been greatly appreciated by The Husband...but we had to buy food to get it.

I was sooo happy when they added beer, wine, and regional drinks to the counter service. However, I'm not crazy about the carts selling alcohol. (Except during the Food & Wine Festival)

But if they eliminated the carts, they would probably have to do away with the wine tastings at certain shops, which I enjoy. ;)

Just for the record, I've seen more unruly behavior, and have HEARD more inappropriate vocabulary from "sober" people than "drunks" on my many visits...with the exception of PI. (But since PI is touted for adults, I wasn't surprised)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by The Mom

Just for the record, I've seen more unruly behavior, and have HEARD more inappropriate vocabulary from "sober" people than "drunks"

Was I one of them? :lookaroun

(I completely agree)

plutoguy32

Originally posted by Sherm00
actually besides sit down resturants i wish they would stop selling all alchaol at the parks and stands. it's not a good example for the kids. alot of people drink then go get in therecars and drive, on or off property. I know I am probubly the minority but beer and alchaol should be at sit down resturants where it can be regulated better or out of the parks and into the clubs where you would expect it.

Beer only at the sit down restaraunts where it can be regulated better???? not a good example for the kids???? Maybe we should bring back prohibition... SO if someone drinks a beer at a sit down restaurant and drives its ok? but if they buy one at a stand and drive its not? your arguement makes absolutely no sense. Most kids see worse things than a BEER STAND at Epcot on TV. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom