A Sad Sad Day At Epcot

speck76

Well, it is certainly not my favorite (I am a liquer man myself) but I have a friend that is a salesperson for Miller, so I find myself many times having to drink it.

tbell

yes, we should be crying over beer.... more bad news...maybe everyone already knows this but there is NO more Ringnes beer in Norway..... *sniff sniff*

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by nfeagle5
I agree that the alcohol should be only in the sitdown restaurants in disney, i've never had a problem with a "disney drunk"

I have...I was physically assaulted by a drunk lady in the Rose and Crown :lol:

DivineMadness7

Originally posted by aimster
If only they sold Kroenburg (sp?) at the France pavillion. That's some good beer! And I'm normally a beer wuss (Miller Lite for me please).

I was just in France last week (the country, not the Epcot pavillion :lol: ) and some of the girls that were with our group were smuggling cases of Kroenburg back to their hotel rooms....college girls buying cases of beer? I figured that meant it was the cheapest they could find! :lol: :rolleyes:

edit: oh, and not to instigate the "beer" thread anymore, hehe, but a few of my friends went to WDW for spring break, drank a bunch of beer in world showcase and rode Mission:Space 3 times in a row....without getting sick. I'm damn proud of those boys! :p :lookaroun

Becky

Originally posted by DivineMadness7
I was just in France last week (the country, not the Epcot pavillion :lol: ) and some of the girls that were with our group were smuggling cases of Kroenburg back to their hotel rooms....college girls buying cases of beer? I figured that meant it was the cheapest they could find! :lol: :rolleyes:

I am :veryconfu The only time I have had Kroenburg was at a Rat and Parrot in London.:D I thought it was a German beer:confused: Sounds like everyone is saying it is French.:eek:

They had Molson at Canada in December. No Molson this month:eek: Of course they also replaced the BBQ glaze on the filet at lunch with an awful garlic black goop:hurl:

lebernadin

Its Kronenbourg 1664 and yes, its definately a French beer. However its brewed in Alsace so many Germans like to take credit for its popularity. Its not my favorite, but i'd drink it over Becks anytime.

Maria

Originally posted by thebig2
I think they should replace all beer taps and kegs around the world and just have Guinness. Either that or Labatt's 50. hahahahahaha. EH!!!!!!

Nooo... Guiness is too bitter! :hurl:
They should only sell Victoria, Superior, Montejo, XX Ambar, XX Lager, Sol, Corona, Montejo, Leon, etc etc... :lol: :animwink:

aimster

Originally posted by speck76
What is wrong with Miller Light?!!

I never said there was. That's normally my beer of choice when I'm out at the bars. But that Kronenbourg 1664 is the schizzat. My one friend who's originally from England brought some back when she went back to London last year to visit family (she got it at the duty free shop). You can't find it here in the States. She's over in England right now visiting family again. Hope she brings more back... along with the Cadbury she promised me.

And to me, Guinness is like syrup. A friend of mine likes to drink it. He let me have a sip once and all I could respond with was, "How can you drink that s**t?!" He just laughed and said, "It's an acquired taste." Ummm... yeah I guess so! :lol:

Just for the record... my usual drink of choice is Smirnoff Ice or Stoli Citrona with a shot of red grenadine. I don't do mixed drinks much anymore because I've had too many bad experiences. Heh.

Nansafan

Did I read correctly, no more 32 oz.? That seen from the Roseanne show where Dan is racing through Epcot to get a beer is classic and then he get to England and has a yard of beer... this is the happiest place on earth!

Corum

Originally posted by csm7030
I hear ya. I always bring back my half yard and head right for England. We get a Bass ale (or two) and watch the Beatles. I am not even a huge fan of Bass ale, but have to have it when at Epcot. Somehow it just tastes different in park.

One of my favorite things: some Fish & Chips, a nice Bass Ale, and watching Off Kilter perform at the England Pavillion. I'm not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy a nice Bass. :slurp:

WDWcouple

Original Poster
Originally posted by Sherm00
actually besides sit down resturants i wish they would stop selling all alchaol at the parks and stands. it's not a good example for the kids. alot of people drink then go get in therecars and drive, on or off property. I know I am probubly the minority but beer and alchaol should be at sit down resturants where it can be regulated better or out of the parks and into the clubs where you would expect it.

Have you seen the prices for alcohol at these parks??? You would have to be a Rockefeller to get drunk inside of Epcot. I think it is a good idea not to sell alcohol inside of Magic Kingdom; I would even say that its not a good idea to sell beer inside of Future World; but the world showcase I think we can all agree is populated by a majority of adults. Most of which are responsible I would think. I have never seen a problem with someone getting out of control becuase of alcohol in all of my times in Epoct (too many to count) I think that each country's Beer and Wine selection brings a chance to further expirence the flavors of that part of the world.. I agree that the CMs should be able to make judgement calls if someone appears to be over their limit, but to stop the sale of beer and wine outside of the resturants would take a pice of the expirence away from those of us that can control ourselvs and remember where we are.

phlydude

In Germany, they should sell beer (bier) from HoffBrau. That is a traditional German beer and a proud sponsor of Oktoberfest!

Thankfully, they don't sell Molson XXX in Canadian pavilion. One of those (and I'm a big guy) and my lips get a little numb from the alcohol content (raised on american beer with 4-5% alcohol Molson XXX is a shock to your system @ 7.4%)

Since every other country sells beer why don't they offer some American choices at the America pavilion? They could offer samplings from Bud, Miller and the Oldest Brewer in the USA, Yuengling (gotta love a Lager or Black&Tan, tasty!!:p

speck76

Originally posted by phlydude
Since every other country sells beer why don't they offer some American choices at the America pavilion? They could offer samplings from Bud, Miller and the Oldest Brewer in the USA, Yuengling (gotta love a Lager or Black&Tan, tasty!!:p

They do have Bud in the American Pavilion

gidrac

Originally posted by nfeagle5
I agree that the alcohol should be only in the sitdown restaurants in disney, i've never had a problem with a "disney drunk" but thats neither here nor there.

I've never really had a problem either, but came close one night going back to the GF with my nephew after a day at Epcot.

This guy was so drunk, he had to be held up by his girlfriend/wife. He was drooling at the mouth and every other word out of his mouth was f!@#. They sat in the same monarail link as me and my nephew. That was really something I didn't want my young nephew seeing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom