A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

Fashionista007

Michelle, the violinist, was great. I didn't spend much time with her, but Brett did and he loved her instantly. She stood up at the Pointe and talked with him the whole time he was facing the castle waiting on me. I think she really stepped in and helped with any nerves he may have had. While we were standing around eating cake she took some requests and interactions with her were never awkward. Being at the Wedding Pavilion, you will also get an organist, correct?! That's going to sound soooooo good!

Did you decide on hair/makeup? If not, I'd obviously recommend Beaute Speciale. Your comment about why we trust Disney made me think of them. Disney trusts those ladies and that is very telling.

Your wedding is just around the corner, my friend! Have fun at Star Wars Weekend... I'll be looking forward to that report.

Yes for our actual wedding ceremony we chose the traditional music which will be played by an organist. I just think the WP doesn't go well with violinist Disney music for my walk down the aisle. "Here Comes The Bride" is much more epic for that particular venue :) I really struggled with this decision because my dream has always been to walk down the aisle to "When You Wish Upon A Star." But my bigger dream is getting married at the WP so that's that!

For hair/makeup I went with Patricia LeJeune. I chose her because of trip reports I read over on the DIS. She has a very big following there and I'm putting a lot of trust in her because I couldn't afford to do trials. I'm sure it will work out fine though :hammer:

Have a great time at Pixar weekend! I was bummed when dates for that came out and I realized it was the week before my trip. Can you imagine? Wedding Planning, Star Wars, and Pixar all in one trip? That would've been sweet :)

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Oooh... do tell! Where/when did you get married? I've always wondered how hard it is for people in some professions to take a "sick day." I couldn't imagine. Talk about being a professional. Thank you for the sweet words.

We were married at the Japan pavilion in November of '07. Disney do such a great job, it was just the most magical day. Seeing your beautiful photos helped my relive our Disney fairytale all over again. Every trip when we go by the wedding pavilion I tell Steve that I want to get married again!

You and Brett make such a lovely couple- Congratulations again! :D

silver1113

After this, my dad and I danced to “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” from the Lion King. It’s another song that I think sounds beautiful on the violin. Plus, my mom loves it, so it was a nice tie-in with her as well. Without fail, my emotions got the best of me again with my dad. He had me more than just a little choked up when he mentioned what an honor it was to have Brett in our family and how lucky we were to have found one another.

03HPBHW-344.jpg

Brett and Kathy danced to “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from Toy Story. A perfect choice, I think.

03HPBHW-359_edit.jpg

Next… we actually ate the cake. It wasn’t until writing this that I realized we didn’t all eat a piece of cake after we cut it. :lookaroun I guess they were divvying it up onto plates during our toast and dances.

03HPBHW-367.jpg

03HPBHW-368.jpg

There were a couple of tables and chairs out, but mostly we just stood around them - it was much easier for me to stand than sit!

03HPBHW-365.jpg

After we ate, Karen told me they were boxing up the cake and we needed to take it with us. I think it was her kind way of saying, “We’re done here.” :lol: Thoughts on Karen... LOVED her. I know I keep saying she needs to get out of the shot, but that is no reflection on how I feel about her. She was absolutely incredible to work with leading up to the ceremony, always responding to my emails within 24 hours of my writing them, and taking the time to get involved and make things happen when the florist was dragging her feet. She was a professional, plain and simple. I know it's her job, but to me I really felt like she cared about us and our ceremony. Someone could learn a few things, hmm. :lookaroun

Derek kindly volunteered to carry the cake to the room for us as soon as we were done taking all the family shots. To be perfectly honest, with the escape wedding format, it did feel a little like we were being shepherded from one little moment to the next. I expected this, so I wasn’t put out by it by any means, but it’s worth noting for future escape brides. I knew it would all happen in a matter of 30 minutes or so, and I was fine with that because we had picture-taking plans anyway!

So, the family shots... I’m not a fan. But I’m really not all too tore up by this because these posed shots aren’t ones we’d ever hang on the wall anyway. In fairness to Jason, who was great, with the bright afternoon sun there was really no way to make this work. He did everything he possibly could, kept strategically placing us with the sun to the back of us as much as possible, but it just wasn’t happening. It doesn’t help I’m one of those people whose eyes are super sensitive to light. I knew this would probably be an issue with the ceremony pictures, but I didn’t realize how persistent it would be throughout all our pictures that afternoon. Unfortunately, there are next to no pictures of us actually looking at the camera (no good ones anyway :lol:) while we were outside. Again, I realize this has everything to do with the sunlight and time of day. When we chose to have our ceremony at 2:30pm in the afternoon, I knew I was making this sacrifice. And NEVER (never, ever) in a million years would I have exchanged the day we had for one less sunny.

03HPBHW-383.jpg

That's it for tonight... tomorrow though, it's Bride and Groom portraits, which pretty much means there's a heck of a lot more of us coming your way.

This is a beautiful photo! Cant wait to see more.

JoeSpence

Long time lurker/First time poster on you TR's

Your Wedding was beautiful, and I wish you both the best in your years to come. Keep up the great Trip Reports, can't wait to see the next installment

Brett

ZOMG! We're at Disney World! The character hunt begins! At the current rate, Holly will have the trip report up by 2012.

Also, thanks for the kind words everyone! We really appreciate it!

I'm a long time silent admirer of your trip reports (especially your marathon and half-marathon reports...given that I convinced my non-runner husband to run the Disney 1/2 in January 2010 as a way of indoctrinating him to all things Disney...). However, I had to come out of lurkdom to comment on how extremely perfect your day turned out to be...from the flowers to the dress to hair and makeup...utter perfection! The perfect beginning to your happily ever after...Congrats!

Soaringirl

Wow, the wedding ceremony was everything and more!! The joy on your faces just says it all. The music, vows, the setting, it was so magical.
How cool that you are back in Disney again!
Also, still dying for the surprise.......

joanna71985

And then Kevin asked for witnesses to sign the marriage license almost immediately. We had our moms sign it.

Brett’s face cracks me up in this picture… anyone want to take a stab at captioning it?!

03HPBHW-267.jpg

"I have to sign WHAT?!"

The cake is beautiful! I love the purple against the white

For our first dance we chose “Part of Your World” from the Little Mermaid. It was Brett’s suggestion. It’s part of my favorite scene from one of my favorite attractions, Philharmagic! And the instrumental version makes me melt. Most importantly though, swaying along to the violin, and staring into Brett’s eyes, simply made me feel complete. We were married. It was that first little moment of quiet recognition for me.

03HPBHW-339.jpg

03HPBHW-325_edit.jpg

What great song choices! And I can imagine how beautiful they sound instrumental (especially with a violin).

Ariel484

ZOMG! We're at Disney World! The character hunt begins! At the current rate, Holly will have the trip report up by 2012.

Also, thanks for the kind words everyone! We really appreciate it!

Excellent! Wouldn't expect anything less from you two. Have a great time!

allycat27921

Holly, great report! The wedding looked stunning..super jealous haha. You looked beautiful and so glad everything worked out with the weather. Looking forward to seeing the bride/groom pictures and to hear about the honeymoon! Congrats :wave:

PirateTink

Congratulations Holly and Brett! It can't be said enough, you look like a page out of fairytale, and the whole ceremony was the perfect backdrop. You and Brett look so happy and amazing together. LOVE IT!

I hear you about the regrets, we got married by my stepmom in front of a waterfall, and it never occured to me until afterwards that we should have had at least her speak into a mic, so unfortunately not everyone could hear our personalized vows (love the "hands" section you put in--doesn't it just make it YOUR wedding to have something that means so much to you two?). And the reception is now a little blurry to me, I wish I could've remembered more conversations. BUT, those thoughts only creep in now and again, and they are quickly replaced by the 99.9% of the rest of the day which is GREAT. I know you'll be just the same.

Steve and I (Nicole, by the way :kiss:) did the pictures before the wedding, and he waited on top of a hill for me with his back turned. LOVE the pic of Brett waiting for you, soooo debonair, and soooo awesome that he could look at MK while thinking of you. I am SOOO with you about the huge grin as you walked up---I was giggling and grinning as well! I was right there with you! And AMAZING the fireworks!!!! :eek: you wouldn't have gotten better timing if you booked it!!!

Sorry for the long post, just read the first 17 pages at once!! :ROFLOL: Congrats again, just loving you two!!!

EmilyCaroline

Your dress is so beautiful glad you found the perfect one and the ceremony sounded lovely... been reading all your reports but seeing how lovely the wedding was i just had to post a comment.
cant wait for the rest of your report
and hope you enjoyed pixar weekend cant wait for the photos from that as well!

MillerPoppins

Um side note from your uber gorgeous wedding...if you got a picture of Boo, I can not wait until your Pixar Weekend Trip Report. Just an FYI :ROFLOL:..hope you had a blast!!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
OMG that was incredible..

I can't believe how perfectly it went!!

Thanks, Jon. I truly believe it could not have went more perfectly.

I love this report and Congrats!! My fiance and I are going on the Dream next April for our honeymoon! I can't wait to read more!

Thanks, Goofygirl! You're going to have so much fun on the Dream! It's a perfect choice for a honeymoon.

Such a beautiful ceremony! Ugh! I was soppin' up every sugary-sweet moment with a biscuit!

My shot at the caption for the funny Brett-pic:

"Wait a minute...I don't remember promising to 'obey'..."

Oh! One more!

"What's hers is hers. What's mine is hers. Did I read that right?"

Your pics were stunning. Love love love it! Loved your commentary. Tooo perfect to be true!

The searaycers... ...y'all! We were gonna keep it on the down-low! Okay. Okay. Yes. Guilty. So the whole truth is that a wild gang of seamonkeys lept from the depths of the Seven Seas Lagoon and snatched Nicole's camera. The sight of the little beasties scared the bejeezus outta Kenzie who was nearby in her raycer. That's what caused her to drop her camera in the water. And theeeen, later that night we were all celebrating and toasting to your lovely little affair that we only had semi-success with stalking as requested because only my camera was left. We was all kicked back enjoyin' some drinky-drinks, havin' a grand ol' time, when those luau guys came streakin' by after having a wardrobe malfunction. We couldn't NOT go for a better look...but when we got back to our little table w/our drinky-drinks my camera was GONE! Stolen! Dadgummin' Disney thieves! So really, it wasn't our fault. We totally tried. If it weren't for those dang seamonkeys and beefcake fellas with the wardrobe malfunctions we might have had success. We were doomed. We'll hafta make it up to ya sometime...with more drinky-drinks and eye candy. Would that be okay, Holly-kins??? And that's my story which I'll henceforth be sticking to.

Thanks, Kelly! Your marriage license captions are hilarious. Maybe Brett should've read the "fine print" sooner. :lol: I mean, he was present with me when we had a notary sign it a couple months prior, and yet he's looking at it like he's never seen it before!

As for "searaycer-gate" we're going to have to all meet up in the parks to discuss this serious offense! :lookaroun

Um...let's make that Monday. I have something to do on Tuesday but I can't quite remember...:animwink:Have a great trip!

Oooh... it's Tuesday, it's Tuesday! I hope you're en route to Disney and you have the MOST magical trip ever.

Yes for our actual wedding ceremony we chose the traditional music which will be played by an organist. I just think the WP doesn't go well with violinist Disney music for my walk down the aisle. "Here Comes The Bride" is much more epic for that particular venue. I really struggled with this decision because my dream has always been to walk down the aisle to "When You Wish Upon A Star." But my bigger dream is getting married at the WP so that's that!

For hair/makeup I went with Patricia LeJeune. I chose her because of trip reports I read over on the DIS. She has a very big following there and I'm putting a lot of trust in her because I couldn't afford to do trials. I'm sure it will work out fine though

Have a great time at Pixar weekend! I was bummed when dates for that came out and I realized it was the week before my trip. Can you imagine? Wedding Planning, Star Wars, and Pixar all in one trip? That would've been sweet

I think you could totally use "When You Wish Upon a Star" at the wedding pavilion... I mean, it couldn't be more perfect with the castle in the distance. But you're also right, in that "Here Comes the Bride" will be epic over there.

I think you'll be in good hands with Patricia LeJeune. She was actually the first person I emailed about hair/makeup (for the same reasons you booked her), but she emailed me back and said that I had to confirm a minimum of 4 services to use her. The best I could do was three (hair/makeup for me and hair for my MIL), so I moved on to Beaute Speciale. Obviously, I'm very happy with my decision, but I don't think you can go wrong with either of those. Like you, I didn't want to spring for a hair trial, it was an expense I wasn't willing to incur, so I went in with a handful of realistic pictures (you know, stuff I figured my hair could actually do based on length/texture). When Laine was about finished she asked me to look at my hair and let her know if there is anything I wanted changed. And I did... she made a few minor changes and they made all the difference in the world. So, I guess my advice is to go in armed with visual aids and don't be afraid to ask for a few changes here and there.

Have fun at Star Wars weekend...we managed to ride the new version during a soft opening while we were there - it was awesome!

We were married at the Japan pavilion in November of '07. Disney do such a great job, it was just the most magical day. Seeing your beautiful photos helped my relive our Disney fairytale all over again. Every trip when we go by the wedding pavilion I tell Steve that I want to get married again!

You and Brett make such a lovely couple- Congratulations again!

I can only imagine how beautiful a ceremony at the Japan pavilion was! Isn't it awesome to be able to revisit your ceremony location while you're at Disney World?! I think that is the coolest thing.

This is a beautiful photo! Cant wait to see more.

Thank you!

Long time lurker/First time poster on you TR's

Your Wedding was beautiful, and I wish you both the best in your years to come. Keep up the great Trip Reports, can't wait to see the next installment

I'm so glad you dropped in to post! Thank yo so much for the well wishes, JoeSpence. It really means a lot.

I'm a long time silent admirer of your trip reports (especially your marathon and half-marathon reports...given that I convinced my non-runner husband to run the Disney 1/2 in January 2010 as a way of indoctrinating him to all things Disney...). However, I had to come out of lurkdom to comment on how extremely perfect your day turned out to be...from the flowers to the dress to hair and makeup...utter perfection! The perfect beginning to your happily ever after...Congrats!

So glad you came out of lurkdom, grwnupprincess! I love it when people post in my trip reports. It makes writing them all the more rewarding. Thank you for the sweet words and well wishes!

So, how'd the 2010 half go? Is the hubby a fan of the Happiest Place on Earth now?! I hope so. The January 2009 reports is one of my favorites to reread... I'm so glad I put that experience into words.

Wow, the wedding ceremony was everything and more!! The joy on your faces just says it all. The music, vows, the setting, it was so magical.
How cool that you are back in Disney again!
Also, still dying for the surprise.......

Thanks, Gloria. I get chills just reading back through it now. The surprise is coming up (probably tomorrow).

"I have to sign WHAT?!"

The cake is beautiful! I love the purple against the white

What great song choices! And I can imagine how beautiful they sound instrumental (especially with a violin).

Thanks, Joanna... I'm very "less is more" so I'm glad that you like the pop of purple on the cake. I was afraid it might be too simplistic, but I really liked it.

The violinist was great... she also played a lot of the other classics, like Once Upon a Dream, Someday my Prince will Come, Everybody Wants to be a Cat :lol:, A Whole New World, and even the Pirates theme while we were standing around eating cake and talking.

It was great finally getting to actually meet the 2 of you yesterday! I hope you were able to see all the characters you wanted

I was so excited to meet you to! I kept telling Brett how cool it was to meet you, and in a character line, no less. Although, with our shared love for character meet and greets that seems fitting.

Holly, great report! The wedding looked stunning..super jealous haha. You looked beautiful and so glad everything worked out with the weather. Looking forward to seeing the bride/groom pictures and to hear about the honeymoon! Congrats :wave:

Thanks so much, allycat! Over our trip this past weekend, we were talking again about how lucky we were to have had such great weather. Bride/groom pictures should be up tonight!

Congratulations Holly and Brett! It can't be said enough, you look like a page out of fairytale, and the whole ceremony was the perfect backdrop. You and Brett look so happy and amazing together. LOVE IT!

I hear you about the regrets, we got married by my stepmom in front of a waterfall, and it never occured to me until afterwards that we should have had at least her speak into a mic, so unfortunately not everyone could hear our personalized vows (love the "hands" section you put in--doesn't it just make it YOUR wedding to have something that means so much to you two?). And the reception is now a little blurry to me, I wish I could've remembered more conversations. BUT, those thoughts only creep in now and again, and they are quickly replaced by the 99.9% of the rest of the day which is GREAT. I know you'll be just the same.

Steve and I (Nicole, by the way) did the pictures before the wedding, and he waited on top of a hill for me with his back turned. LOVE the pic of Brett waiting for you, soooo debonair, and soooo awesome that he could look at MK while thinking of you. I am SOOO with you about the huge grin as you walked up---I was giggling and grinning as well! I was right there with you! And AMAZING the fireworks!!!! :eek: you wouldn't have gotten better timing if you booked it!!!

Sorry for the long post, just read the first 17 pages at once!! Congrats again, just loving you two!!!

Hi, Nicole! :wave: I commend you... 17 pages all at once is a good day's work. :lol: Thanks for all the compliments and well wishes. It's funny because before the wedding I was really anticipating the picture of Brett when he first saw me walking down the aisle, and the one that I love so much is actually of him with his back to me. :lol: I have an emotional reaction to that picture because it brings back all the feelings that I had in that moment when I looked up and saw him.

While the waterfall drowned out some of your vows, I'm sitting here picturing how beautiful it must've been to get married in front of one. Gorgeous! I love outdoor ceremonies!

Your "page out of a fairytale" comment makes me a little misty-eyed. Thank you.

Your dress is so beautiful glad you found the perfect one and the ceremony sounded lovely... been reading all your reports but seeing how lovely the wedding was i just had to post a comment.
cant wait for the rest of your report
and hope you enjoyed pixar weekend cant wait for the photos from that as well!

Yay! Thanks for the kind words and for posting, EmilyCaroline! I'm glad you've been reading along. I'm still a little obsessed with my dress and would love to find an excuse, any excuse, to put it on again. :lol: I should have the next post up sometime tonight.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Have fun at Pixar Weekend and make sure to hunt down some characters for those of us who can't be there!

Thanks, NewfieFan... we had a blast. We accomplished what we set out to do - we met all the characters that we hadn't previously met!

Have a great trip!!!
Now we have a second trip report we have to wait to read. :D

Actually, third. :eek: There was another trip in there that I don't think many people know about. I went back in April (business-related trip) and my mom went with me... so that report will actually be coming up next. I'm gonna be trip reporting all summer long. :lol:

Pixar weekend?! What is THAT?? Sounds highly intriguing and I want to go!!!

Basically, it was a huge Pixar character meet and greet. There were a few seminars with important people, but the majority of the weekend was an opportunity to stalk rare characters. The dates for it were released, maybe, a month ago (?). But hopefully, they'll do it again next year.

Don´t worry, we forgive you only because you´ll ditch us for a WDW trip. But only for that. If it was a family reunion in Tennessee we would probably get really upset!:p

Have lots of fun!

That's right... because a WDW trip, means a WDW report (sometime in the future).

I love Sweetpea's captions!

And - What? Noooo...... I was hoping for more updates! :lol:

Oh well, I'll survive. Not sure when you leave WDW this weekend, but we will be park hoping this Sunday. So if you think you see us, it's probably us!

I was looking for you... actually, I was looking for your adorable children! I'll respond to your PM shortly.

Have a GREAT time at Pixar weekend!! I just got back Sunday and I'm ready to go again. Were orginally not planning on going til NEXT November but we switched it to May and we're planning a long weekend in November for MVMCP so this report will help me through my Disney Blues until November gets here! :sohappy:

I know, isn't it amazing how you want to start planning the next trip before you even return from the current one. I see you started a trip report... I'm off to check it out when I get a free moment.

Have a good time Holly and Brett!

Thanks, Reese! It was great.

Excellent! Wouldn't expect anything less from you two. Have a great time!

Thanks, Shannon! Character pictures abound.

And this is why we love you.

It's mutual! :animwink:

Um side note from your uber gorgeous wedding...if you got a picture of Boo, I can not wait until your Pixar Weekend Trip Report. Just an FYI :ROFLOL:..hope you had a blast!!!

OMG! Karen, I thought of you so many times. Boo was the absolute star of the show. I kid you not, when she first came out the whole building erupted into thunderous applause. She was so popular that Brett and I are thinking they might actually consider making her some sort of regular (at least for a little while). All weekend, the buzz was about Boo.

So for you, and your love of Boo, I may just have to break from my OCD chronology and post a picture of her. A preview of the report to come, if you will. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom