A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

Love the choices for the songs! i definitely got a little misty eyed over here reading the part about your dad walking you down the aisle...

You're so very lucky to find someone who loves Disney as much as you do!! I always think "OMG, what if I find my prince and he doesnt like Disney?! How would it ever work?!" lol I guess I would have to convert him into a Disney nut like myself! :lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Yep it is one of our faves! How amazing would that be...love it. I will dif. have to consult you if and when that time comes.... The idea is fabulous though.

I can just see the pictures now! :sohappy:

I am loving your report so far! I had to be out of town for work yesterday and couldn't get caught up til this am. Boy was I impatiently waiting for my time to allow me to get back to the report.

I love your dress! It is just perfect for you venue! Your pictures are beautiful! Between your pics & your commentary I had to wipe a tear or two!

Can't wait for the next installment!

Thank you, so much. I'm glad work didn't cause too much of an interference with my trip report. :lol:

Oh dear heavens... this TR is epic! I feel like I should be in a cocktail dress to read it. My husband came up over the stairs last night and saw me crying while I was reading. He said, "what the heck is wrong?" I said, "I'm reading a trip report!" He was like "ummmm, ok!?!" I said, "No, no, you don't understand, this isn't just a trip report, it's like a chick flick but in trip report format!"

OMG... LOVE IT! I feel honored that you are comparing my report to a chick flick!

So, what can I say that hasn't already been said... it's amazing... the whole thing is amazing! You were a stunning a bride and everything seemed to suit you perfectly (hair, flowers, dress, etc.).

I know you say you have one regret and you're disappointed about missing pictures... but you do have amazing pictures. Trust me, if you saw my wedding pictures you would probably start a charity in our name just so we could get married again. We got married years ago and we were young and poor students at the time. Our wedding was perfect for that time and place in our lives. But my pictures are cheap and it shows... and there was no such thing as digital cameras either. But guess what? It doesn't matter now! Yes, your wedding day will always be important to you and you will always look back on the pictures but it does fad over time. Other things become important... the life you create together! And one of these days, if you have any little hollybelles running around the house, the next thing you know, pictures of your babies become the most important. You'll be moving wedding pictures out of the way to put up the ones of the little cuties in your lives.

Thank you for the fresh perspective. Just in the last day or two, since I started posting, I've already let a lot of it melt away. Honest. Everyone's comments and personal stories have really helped me to do that. I really should've started this report earlier... instead of, you know, wallowing. :lookaroun

That morning, when I got a little nervous, I remember telling myself, "it's just another day," and that really is the truth. Like you said, other things (like little beings) will easily trump it. And I look forward to that.

We used Ron for our ceremony. He was very good. The poor man showed up to our ceremony with Kidney stones and left for the emergency room right after. He did such a good job though that I didn't even have a clue that he was sick until after the wedding.

Your photos are breathtaking and your dress was made for you. You're a stunning bride Holly! I'm so happy you went with Beaute Speciale! My feelings about them are the same as yours. They are very talented ladies and do such a great job of putting brides at ease. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Congratulation to you and Brett, your fairytale is only just beginning! :sohappy:

Oooh... do tell! Where/when did you get married? I've always wondered how hard it is for people in some professions to take a "sick day." I couldn't imagine. Talk about being a professional. Thank you for the sweet words.

GUH...jealous!

Okay, after having re-read everything up to this point (because I am a nerd), 2 things I forgot to say:

Love the purple ties on the men. They all looked quite sharp...Brett especially. I loved the purple tie/grey suit combo. Very nice!

And secondly, the whole "Now you shall feel no rain..." portion of your ceremony...I was re-reading that, wondering where I'd heard it, when it dawned on me - we used that reading in our ceremony too! :lol: Great minds think alike, no?

I found Brett's tie one day when I wasn't even looking for one. TJ Maxx, Calvin Klein (I think), clearanced for $10. Gotta love a good bargain! I loved it immediately, but was hoping Brett would like it as well because he called 'veto rights' on his wedding day wear! :lol:

Great minds, indeed! You know, you bring up a good point... one of the reasons I decided to include the ceremony in the report (aside from wanting everyone to feel like a guest) is so that I'd have it written down somewhere. Something to refer back to when I forget all of it. :lol:

I would book him again. Besides the few minor issues, I thought he was good, especially considering we only meet 5 minutes before the ceremony. He seemed like a nice man and we enjoyed the ceremony - for the most part I was happy.

Interesting how similar both our experiences and our opinions are on the subject!

No, we have not had enough!! That's what weddings are all about...you can just see the joy in both of your faces!! These photos are wonderful and fully capture the moment! You can just tell that both of you are over the moon!! You definitely need to frame some of these and put them around your house (now look at me being your interior decorator...sorry:ROFLOL:), but the photos are spectacular!!! I also love the one of you and Brett kissing while your mom bustles your dress! Way to multi-task!! Again, it just shows the pure unbridled joy of the moment!! These are great photos!!

Thanks, Pam. I'm so afraid everyone is going to get sick of me posting a bazillion pictures of the two of us, but that's all I have to tell the story. And, I guess to be fair, it is *our* story. :lol:

I may just listen to you... do you charge a consultation fee for your decorating sensibilities?!

Awesome wedding photos, it truly looks like you had an amazing ceremony!

Thanks, Tom. It really was a "dream come true" kind of day for us.

Congratulations Holly! It looked like you had an amazing ceremony. Love the photos!

Thanks, Steve. You were definitely right about Beaute Speciale!

Oh Holly! Ya have me crying again, but of course happy tears!!! What a truely beautiful and magical day you had!!!

Hears hoping that "someday my prince will come!"

Can not wait to read more!

Reese, I'll sing along with you until he shows up!

Love the choices for the songs! i definitely got a little misty eyed over here reading the part about your dad walking you down the aisle...

You're so very lucky to find someone who loves Disney as much as you do!! I always think "OMG, what if I find my prince and he doesnt like Disney?! How would it ever work?!" lol I guess I would have to convert him into a Disney nut like myself! :lol:

You and I both... I was tearing up as I wrote about my dad and I.

You know, I was actually the Disney convert in our relationship. I had never been before I met Brett. So, take that as proof... it is totally doable. Brett introduced me to the World when we first started dating, and we haven't looked back since.

JohnnyDollaz89

Very nice i enjoyed reading this and seeing everything good luck in life and the wedding looked sick, i dream one day for me and my girlfriend to be married on Disney property

Hi Holly I have to admit it, I went straight to the end of this, I am sorry I apologize to you!!! I couldn't help myself....I've been waiting patiently well not so patient actually....I have been on here since your last big Trip Report and I couldn't wait to see that you posted this....I just went straight to the search and put your name in!!!!
Tomorrow first thing I will sit down and read your whole report!!!! I am so excited and happy for you and your hubby, I checked the weather report for your wedding day and I knew you were having a wonderful day weather wise and every other way possible.!!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!! So happy for you guys....I can not wait to read all of this. Thanks for your wonderful posts and sharing your wedding with all of us here. Congrats again to you both!!! You make a wonderful couple and I wish you both tons of love health and happiness always!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::wave:
Lucille

Jerm

Brett’s face cracks me up in this picture… anyone want to take a stab at captioning it?! :lookaroun :lol:

03HPBHW-267.jpg

"Her middle name is WHAT?????"

Holly your pictures are amazing! Again congratulations!

Have a great time.....don't say that you will be the one going after the Pixar characters at Epcot, cause then people will think my GF and I are you......oh wait I doubt that!

Fashionista007

Congratulations Holly & Brett! I laughed, I cried (and I'm at work so I hope no one saw). I have a lot of comments so here goes nothing...

Brett - your comment about getting stuck on HM during the bride scene on your wedding day had me in absolute stitches!! I really like how you posted your preparation and I *think* I'm going to have Jason do the same when we get married!!

Holly, oh you are so beautiful and radiant and there are no words. I feel like you're my sister and we've never met (yet...)! I was so touched by the story of your sister and how you said you "have" a sister, not "had". She will always be with you, trust me.

I was nervous when I read your first impression of RevKev was not that great. But you never actually spoke to him, right? You just emailed? I'm hoping my experience is a bit different since we are taking the time to meet with him in person next weekend (I can't believe it's so close, SQUEE!!). I am glad that he stuck to the script, I also hate when they make quips about how the groom will never be first again or will never get their way again. I am definitely going to put the smackdown on that. He did look nice and handsome in your pictures though :) I have a feeling that he doesn't read all of his emails. From my correspondance with him, I think sometimes his wife replies instead (I think her name is Theresa?).

I also put down the SpectroMagic theme for our violinist!! I'm listening to it now on my iPhone :) Wouldn't it be weird if we got the same violinist? I guess I won't know until that day, will I?

I am so happy that everything worked out and went off without a hitch. That's why we put our trust in Disney to create the wedding of our dreams, right?

Your dress is absolutely amazing and your hair and makeup was pure perfection. I can't wait to hear about the honeymoon! Congratulations again! :sohappy:

Nicole220

I am seriously a puddle on the ground...I am melting over all these pictures! I can't possibly pick a favorite because they are all perfect. You...are stunning. The wedding was beautiful and intimate and romantic and gah! Words fail me. :lol:

Congratulations Holly and Brett!!! :sohappy: What a perfect Disney fairytale story. :)

Btw, I too was on one of those searaycers. And about the pictures I was taking, uh...a seamonkey stole my camera during the ceremony? :lookaroun

Oh, and I have that cake topper too. My parents got it for me a loooong time ago. I'm waiting for the day when I can put it on top of my wedding cake. :)

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Very nice i enjoyed reading this and seeing everything good luck in life and the wedding looked sick, i dream one day for me and my girlfriend to be married on Disney property

Thank you for the well wishes! You know, a Disney wedding isn't as unreasonable as some may think... maybe you'll be writing up your own wedding trip report one day!

Hi Holly I have to admit it, I went straight to the end of this, I am sorry I apologize to you!!! I couldn't help myself....I've been waiting patiently well not so patient actually....I have been on here since your last big Trip Report and I couldn't wait to see that you posted this....I just went straight to the search and put your name in!!!!
Tomorrow first thing I will sit down and read your whole report!!!! I am so excited and happy for you and your hubby, I checked the weather report for your wedding day and I knew you were having a wonderful day weather wise and every other way possible.!!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!! So happy for you guys....I can not wait to read all of this. Thanks for your wonderful posts and sharing your wedding with all of us here. Congrats again to you both!!! You make a wonderful couple and I wish you both tons of love health and happiness always!!!!!:sohappy:
Lucille

Lucille! :eek: :D Are you one of those people who flips to the back of the book and reads the last chapter first?! Kidding, kidding! I'm just glad you kept checking back in, seeing as how it took me so long to get started. Thank you so much for all the well wishes and kind words.

"Her middle name is WHAT?????"

Holly your pictures are amazing! Again congratulations!

Have a great time.....don't say that you will be the one going after the Pixar characters at Epcot, cause then people will think my GF and I are you......oh wait I doubt that!

:ROFLOL:

Thanks so much! There's more than enough room for all of us "big kids" in the character lines. Hmm... my # 1 might be Slim, or maybe George P. Sanderson, or Gypsy!!! I'm so excited I can't pick just one!

Congratulations Holly & Brett! I laughed, I cried (and I'm at work so I hope no one saw). I have a lot of comments so here goes nothing...

Brett - your comment about getting stuck on HM during the bride scene on your wedding day had me in absolute stitches!! I really like how you posted your preparation and I *think* I'm going to have Jason do the same when we get married!!

You know, I was wondering if someone was going to comment on Brett's Haunted Mansion story, because to me that was the most hilarious thing that could've happened to him that morning! :lol:

Holly, oh you are so beautiful and radiant and there are no words. I feel like you're my sister and we've never met (yet...)! I was so touched by the story of your sister and how you said you "have" a sister, not "had". She will always be with you, trust me.

Aww, Shelley... you're going to make me cry again! You are so right in that Lani will always be with me. And as your pseudo-sister, let me just say that I cannot wait for your wedding. :D

I was nervous when I read your first impression of RevKev was not that great. But you never actually spoke to him, right? You just emailed? I'm hoping my experience is a bit different since we are taking the time to meet with him in person next weekend (I can't believe it's so close, SQUEE!!). I am glad that he stuck to the script, I also hate when they make quips about how the groom will never be first again or will never get their way again. I am definitely going to put the smackdown on that. He did look nice and handsome in your pictures though :) I have a feeling that he doesn't read all of his emails. From my correspondance with him, I think sometimes his wife replies instead (I think her name is Theresa?).

You're right, it was email only. I expect that meeting him ahead of time will make a huge difference. Kevin was extremely friendly (after I got over the shock of him asking if we'd discussed a ceremony option :lol:), delivered the ceremony perfectly, and he ain't too bad on the eyes (as we've already discussed!). His wife did respond to a couple of my emails, but in my opinion, it doesn't matter who handles the email transaction... when it's his professional email address, he's responsible for the email content. I remember when I emailed that I wanted him to wear a suit, she responded and said something like "Kevin will be delighted to hear that, as it's much cooler than robes and it's already quite hot here in March." Maybe I shouldn't have taken that as a confirmation, but I did.

Back to the ceremony... I'm with you and would absolutely be mortified with quips such as those. Kevin was excellent in this respect. I don't think you'll have any issues with him veering off course! I would still definitely recommend him, but I would just make sure you confirm everything a couple days out. And be prepared for him to dip out right away; that seems to be a consistent theme from a lot of the reviews on him. Different things are important to different people and this didn't bother me in the slightest.

I also put down the SpectroMagic theme for our violinist!! I'm listening to it now on my iPhone :) Wouldn't it be weird if we got the same violinist? I guess I won't know until that day, will I?

I am so happy that everything worked out and went off without a hitch. That's why we put our trust in Disney to create the wedding of our dreams, right?

Your dress is absolutely amazing and your hair and makeup was pure perfection. I can't wait to hear about the honeymoon! Congratulations again! :sohappy:

Michelle, the violinist, was great. I didn't spend much time with her, but Brett did and he loved her instantly. She stood up at the Pointe and talked with him the whole time he was facing the castle waiting on me. I think she really stepped in and helped with any nerves he may have had. While we were standing around eating cake she took some requests and interactions with her were never awkward. Being at the Wedding Pavilion, you will also get an organist, correct?! That's going to sound soooooo good!

Did you decide on hair/makeup? If not, I'd obviously recommend Beaute Speciale. Your comment about why we trust Disney made me think of them. Disney trusts those ladies and that is very telling.

Your wedding is just around the corner, my friend! Have fun at Star Wars Weekend... I'll be looking forward to that report.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I am seriously a puddle on the ground...I am melting over all these pictures! I can't possibly pick a favorite because they are all perfect. You...are stunning. The wedding was beautiful and intimate and romantic and gah! Words fail me. :lol:

Congratulations Holly and Brett!!! :sohappy: What a perfect Disney fairytale story. :)

You, my friend, are too sweet. Intimate and romantic are two of the things I was definitely going for... so YAY!

Btw, I too was on one of those searaycers. And about the pictures I was taking, uh...a seamonkey stole my camera during the ceremony? :lookaroun

Oh, and I have that cake topper too. My parents got it for me a loooong time ago. I'm waiting for the day when I can put it on top of my wedding cake. :)

Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, I'm really going to have to sit you and Kenzie down and have a little "chat" with the both of you. :lol: A seamonkey!? Really?! Now, what does a seamonkey need with a camera? Hmmm... maybe HE came through with some pictures; I should find him.

I love that you already have the cake topper. You're all set!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
My apologies, friends! The rest of the wedding day is made up of 24 separate posts... and seeing as how I still haven't packed and we leave tomorrow for Pixar Weekend, there is no way I'm going to be able to get it up tonight. I'm so sorry... I had all these grand plans of posting everything before we left, but I underestimated how much time it would take to actually post. I promise to get back to it as soon as we return. The next post should go up on either Monday or Tuesday.

NewfieFan

My apologies, friends! The rest of the wedding day is made up of 24 separate posts... and seeing as how I still haven't packed and we leave tomorrow for Pixar Weekend, there is no way I'm going to be able to get it up tonight. I'm so sorry... I had all these grand plans of posting everything before we left, but I underestimated how much time it would take to actually post. I promise to get back to it as soon as we return. The next post should go up on either Monday or Tuesday.

Have fun at Pixar Weekend and make sure to hunt down some characters for those of us who can't be there! :cry:

:D

fmingo36

Have a great trip!!!
Now we have a second trip report we have to wait to read. :D

Sarabell

Don´t worry, we forgive you only because you´ll ditch us for a WDW trip. But only for that. If it was a family reunion in Tennessee we would probably get really upset!:p

Have lots of fun!

sweetpee_1993

Such a beautiful ceremony! Ugh! I was soppin' up every sugary-sweet moment with a biscuit!

My shot at the caption for the funny Brett-pic:

"Wait a minute...I don't remember promising to 'obey'..."

Oh! One more!

"What's hers is hers. What's mine is hers. Did I read that right?" :lol:

Your pics were stunning. Love love love it! Loved your commentary. Tooo perfect to be true!

The searaycers... ...y'all! We were gonna keep it on the down-low! Okay. Okay. Yes. Guilty. So the whole truth is that a wild gang of seamonkeys lept from the depths of the Seven Seas Lagoon and snatched Nicole's camera. The sight of the little beasties scared the bejeezus outta Kenzie who was nearby in her raycer. That's what caused her to drop her camera in the water. And theeeen, later that night we were all celebrating and toasting to your lovely little affair that we only had semi-success with stalking as requested because only my camera was left. We was all kicked back enjoyin' some drinky-drinks, havin' a grand ol' time, when those luau guys came streakin' by after having a wardrobe malfunction. We couldn't NOT go for a better look...:D...but when we got back to our little table w/our drinky-drinks my camera was GONE! Stolen! Dadgummin' Disney thieves! So really, it wasn't our fault. We totally tried. If it weren't for those dang seamonkeys and beefcake fellas with the wardrobe malfunctions we might have had success. We were doomed. We'll hafta make it up to ya sometime...with more drinky-drinks and eye candy. Would that be okay, Holly-kins??? And that's my story which I'll henceforth be sticking to. :D

erstwo

I love Sweetpea's captions!

And - What? Noooo...... I was hoping for more updates! :lol:

Oh well, I'll survive. Not sure when you leave WDW this weekend, but we will be park hoping this Sunday. So if you think you see us, it's probably us!

PolynesianPrincess

Have a GREAT time at Pixar weekend!! I just got back Sunday and I'm ready to go again. Were orginally not planning on going til NEXT November but we switched it to May and we're planning a long weekend in November for MVMCP so this report will help me through my Disney Blues until November gets here! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom