A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

diddy_mouse

Oh Holly...that has to be the most entertaining photo session I have ever seen! The pics of you two in the arcade? Adorable and took me completely by surprise. And the splendiferous shots at the Grand? Just luscious.

But the icing on the proverbial wedding cake has got to be the shots in front of the MK. :eek: You look so "Yeah, I'm standing in front of the Magic Kingdom in my wedding dress...jealous?" :animwink:

Sarabell

I´m sooo glad you´re back! I´ve been biting my nails for the past few days, shame on you Holly for having me bite my nails! but I´m glad to hear you had a good time back in WDW, and I forgive you if you promise to have a TR on that also... As long as you finish this one first :eek:

BTW I looove your pics. They don´t look like the usual wedding pics where everyone tries to look perfect. You look like your natural-fun-selves.

eagles

hollybelle the pictures are beautiful. you were a beautiful bride. had me in tears up to the ceremony.
congrats to you and brett! and may you both live happily ever after!

erstwo

Oh, Holly! Thank you sooooo much for sharing all of these pictures! They really are such a treasure. It is so much fun to see them all - thanks for letting us in on your special day!

pcrum

Holly: The photos are simply stunning!! You and Brett look like professional models!! I love the ones at the Grand Floridian! The MK shots are beautiful as well! You guys make a great looking couple!! Your photographer was fabulous, but he had gorgeous people to work with too!

Pam

Rose99

LOVE this one..... and thank -you for taking the time to do this report in such amazing detail. It makes me want to find a man that loves Disney and have such an amazing fairytale wedding.... Hmmm where to find that man??? :ROFLOL: I wonder if there are any Disney matchmaking sites? :shrug::ROFLOL: OOOPs....... sorry..... back to your report !

becanya

I am seriously impressed you could get all that in with just 2 hours! It took us 2 hours to do ours, and we never even left the church!

Ariel484

Amazing photos! You guys look fabulous...I feel like I'm looking at a DFTW brochure. I love the pictures of you looking over the balconies (at the GF and the Poly)...oh, and the hammock ones, the one of your feet in the sand, all of the ones in front of the MK...ahh, so many great pictures!!

Ever since you posted your printed materials in your pre-trip report I have been curious for the "surprise event"...can't wait to see what that is. I have my guess...hope it's right! :D

joanna71985

I love the photoshoot pictures! I can't believe how much you got done in 2 hours (and the monorail comment is hysterical!).

Thanks, Joanna... I'm very "less is more" so I'm glad that you like the pop of purple on the cake. I was afraid it might be too simplistic, but I really liked it.

The violinist was great... she also played a lot of the other classics, like Once Upon a Dream, Someday my Prince will Come, Everybody Wants to be a Cat :lol:, A Whole New World, and even the Pirates theme while we were standing around eating cake and talking.

I was so excited to meet you to! I kept telling Brett how cool it was to meet you, and in a character line, no less. Although, with our shared love for character meet and greets that seems fitting.

Aww, I love those songs! Once Upon a Dream and A Whole New World are 2 of my favorites (and the Pirates theme is pretty awesome too). And I agree...it is very fitting that the place we would meet would be a character line! :D

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Hope youre Happy you made a 44 year old man cry today!!! I was honestly touched by your Trip report and found myself in tears reading about the wonderful gesture your mom made in honor of your sister...God bless you all and best wishes for an amazing life together!!

Oh, no! That was never my intention. :lookaroun Just so you know, it really does mean a lot to me that you were touched by what my mom did. It was amazing and really made me feel like my sister was there with me throughout the entire day. Thank you for the well wishes!

Hooray! Glad you're back!

And I'm certainly *not* waiting on pins and needles for more wedding goodness

I'm back! I'm back! There's only a little bit of wedding goodness left to report on at this point. One last set of posts. :cry:

Oh my! Your pictures are toooootally killing me!!! So gorgeous! So sweet! Love love love it all! Oh please don't stop...mooooooore.............

Thanks, Kelly! I'm glad you enjoyed the "photo shoot!"

why will they not let you go into the parks in wedding attire? I totally have a picture of people in wedding garb getting their pictures taken at Epcot. That's a dumb rule. What if that is your normal everyday attire?

I think a lot of things factor into the equation. What Kelly mentioned definitely plays a part. I also think it has a lot to do with exclusivity. If you want wedding pictures in front of Cinderella Castle, you're going to have to pay dearly for them and you only even get the option if you're a Disney bride. It's another way for DFTW to get brides to book a Disney wedding. They've also got a rule that you have to use DFTW photographers for ANY in park events. Again, that speaks to the bottom line. So, I think even though there are a lot of "reasons" for it, what it mainly boils down to is money. If *anyone* can go in the parks and take wedding pictures than why should people pay for the super exclusive wedding photoshoots that DFTW offers to their brides? It would nullify them.

Oh my God Holly! you had me bawling once again at your report.... The story of walking by the pool area really got me!!! The pictures are amazing and I can not wait to read the rest of your report!

That was one of my absolute favorite moments of the entire day! It gives me cold chills just thinking about how kind all those people were. Thank you for all your kind words!

OMG! You know I thought ok this couldn't get any better. The pictures couldn't get any better and you couldn't get any more gorgeous.

And guess what??

I was so wrong, it does, they were. And you did!

The photos are breathtaking. How cool is the shots at MK. I had no idea you couldn't wear wedding attire. Fascinating. It makes sense. I just never really thought about it really.

I am trying to find one favorite and I can't just pick one. They are just amazing. All of them. How does one choose??

Aww, Aleisha, you're going to make me blush... and cry!

I was on pins and needles waiting to see those MK shots. I wasn't up on the ledge long, but while I was there I was thinking "this isn't really happening, is it?! Am I really taking wedding pictures in front of the train station?! No way." I tried really hard not to think about the fact that people were standing around looking at us.

I have a couple of favorites, but all for different reasons. Mostly, the ones I love are the ones that make me feel the moment. Obviously, that makes sense. :lol:

Wow! I agree! Your pictures are just breathtaking! I love the monorail shots and I'm so glad you waited for one to go by, because the one of you guys kissing with the monorail whizzing by may be my favorite picture ever!

Thanks, Tammy. We took a couple similar shots of us at the Polynesian monorail station and there's one that I like more of us, but the monorail doesn't quite have enough motion blur... and it's the zoooooooooooom that's so cool.

There are gorgeous.. gotta say that those black and whites are STUNNING (love black and white for some reason?) but "Brett's fav" at the Grand Floridian is my favourite. You're a beaut, guuuurl, whut up?

I've got all these chills, silly silly. Me and my wedding fever..

PS: Erica (re: Vorld and Vonder trip) tweeted me last week and I copy:

You're famous, even in the Cape!

I'm being twittered! Life is complete. :D

That's also my mom's favorite, too. I'm really glad we stopped at GF for those shots. I give all the credit in the world to my dress... she really came through for me. :sohappy: And, of course, Laine. We can't forget my Fairy Godmother!

Yaaaaaayyyy!!!! Killer shots! Y'all looked like you were having soooo much fun! That's my favorite part. What can be more awesome than Disney memories??? Thanks for posting all those! You could've posted twice as many and I don't think it would've been enough. All us girls are totally soakin' this up...every little drop!

Oh yeah... we were having a blast. Even Brett talks about how much fun it was to run around taking pictures. Definitely a favorite part of the day.

Oh Holly...that has to be the most entertaining photo session I have ever seen! The pics of you two in the arcade? Adorable and took me completely by surprise. And the splendiferous shots at the Grand? Just luscious.

I'm so glad Jason suggested the arcade. Brett even said that it really loosened him up and made him realize we could be our silly selves. I didn't think I would like having random people in our shots, but I love the few that have people in the background... it kinda grounds the pictures and reminds me that it was just another day.

But the icing on the proverbial wedding cake has got to be the shots in front of the MK. You look so "Yeah, I'm standing in front of the Magic Kingdom in my wedding dress...jealous?" :animwink:

Ahhh the MK shots... they were kinda my "holy grail" shots, because I never dreamed that Karen would say yes! I think it went a little more like this, "OMG, am I really standing in front of the MK in my wedding dress? OMG! OMG! OMG!" Not nearly as calm and collected as I'd like to think! :lol:

I´m sooo glad you´re back! I´ve been biting my nails for the past few days, shame on you Holly for having me bite my nails! but I´m glad to hear you had a good time back in WDW, and I forgive you if you promise to have a TR on that also... As long as you finish this one first :eek:

BTW I looove your pics. They don´t look like the usual wedding pics where everyone tries to look perfect. You look like your natural-fun-selves.

Nail-biting = not good! There will definitely be a trip report on Pixar Weekend... the question is, when?! I have all intentions of getting it done though, even if it takes me all summer!

I'm so glad you can see the natural-fun us in the shots. That's definitely important to me.

hollybelle the pictures are beautiful. you were a beautiful bride. had me in tears up to the ceremony.
congrats to you and brett! and may you both live happily ever after!

Aww, thank you, Louella! We had the most amazing day. I think this was the perfect way to start our happily ever after!

Oh, Holly! Thank you sooooo much for sharing all of these pictures! They really are such a treasure. It is so much fun to see them all - thanks for letting us in on your special day!

Absolutely, I'm more than happy to share the pictures. I'm just excited that people want to hear about our day!

Holly: The photos are simply stunning!! You and Brett look like professional models!! I love the ones at the Grand Floridian! The MK shots are beautiful as well! You guys make a great looking couple!! Your photographer was fabulous, but he had gorgeous people to work with too!

Pam

Too kind, Pam! It was funny because when we were sitting on the bench at the end of the boat dock, Brett was like "are you smiling for ALL of these?" Ummm... I don't think so. We were having trouble figuring out what to do with our faces. I felt like every picture was going to look the same. So we started mixing it up with the no-teeth smiles. :lol:

LOVE this one..... and thank -you for taking the time to do this report in such amazing detail. It makes me want to find a man that loves Disney and have such an amazing fairytale wedding.... Hmmm where to find that man??? I wonder if there are any Disney matchmaking sites? OOOPs....... sorry..... back to your report !

Thanks, Rose! I think Jason caught that picture of us while he was "testing" his settings. I think that's how he caught some of the more authentic moments. There should TOTALLY be a Disney match-making site. Or, like, a Disney singles weekend. But don't worry, if you find someone who isn't a Disney aficionado, all hope is not lost. Brett had to convert me, and look how that turned out!

I am seriously impressed you could get all that in with just 2 hours! It took us 2 hours to do ours, and we never even left the church!

I'm thinking that not having a wedding party helped out A LOT. After we took the family shots, there was just Brett and I to photograph.

Beautiful pictures! Jason did such a nice job :) I can't pick a favorite!

Thanks, Jess! Jason deserves all the credit in the world... especially seeing as how he had to deal with that harsh midday sunlight.

Amazing photos! You guys look fabulous. I feel like I'm looking at a DFTW brochure. I love the pictures of you looking over the balconies (at the GF and the Poly)...oh, and the hammock ones, the one of your feet in the sand, all of the ones in front of the MK...ahh, so many great pictures!!

Ever since you posted your printed materials in your pre-trip report I have been curious for the "surprise event"...can't wait to see what that is. I have my guess...hope it's right!

Thanks, Shannon. I love those hammock shots. The fisheye lens was a perfect choice for those.

You're probably on the right track with our "secret event." I'll be posting about it later today!!!!

Wow! Great pics. What a wonderful wedding trip report. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Chris. I'm having so much fun writing it!

I love the photoshoot pictures! I can't believe how much you got done in 2 hours (and the monorail comment is hysterical!).

Aww, I love those songs! Once Upon a Dream and A Whole New World are 2 of my favorites (and the Pirates theme is pretty awesome too). And I agree...it is very fitting that the place we would meet would be a character line!

We initially had plans to stop at the Contemporary, too, but I gave those up when I got an affirmative on the Magic Kingdom. A small sacrifice to make, I think. The teens on the monorail were AWESOME! They had Jason, Brett, and I all in stitches.

kch4095

This trip report should win a Golden Mickey for best of the year! I have been dying for you to return and finish it. Each morning as I turn on my computer, I immediately check to see if anything has been updated. Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous! We are going on the Dream in October, so I am anxiously awaiting the honeymoon update. Thank you so much for sharing such an intimate part of your life with us!

silver1113

All the pictures were wonderful. Especially loved the dip shots and the ones infront of MK are beautiful! Jason looks as though he would be alot of fun.

Ok I have been fine until this moment, I am all teary eyed here and I am so so happy for you and your Mom that is unreplacable for sure, you are both adoarable for sure. You're Mom is a doll!!!! It's defianetly very touching all the sweet things she did for you :>). I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures too, you look amazing!!! /FONT]

After a hilarious battle with bra tape, which ended with me and mom saying “screw it” and throwing the tape in the trash, it was time to get in the dress…

03HPBHW-082.jpg

Bra tape, be damned… I’ll just hold ‘em up!

03HPBHW-084.jpg

03HPBHW-087.jpg

Mom sewed Lani’s angel charm into the dress…

03HPBHW-089_edit.jpg

Here are some shots of our charms, along with the handkerchief she made for me. It was easily my favorite touch of the day:

03HPBHW-030.jpg

03HPBHW-033.jpg

These little moments my mom and I shared as I was getting ready are precious to me. I’m incredibly lucky because as I’ve grown up my mom and I have become the absolute best of friends. We laugh, we joke, and we cry together. And I know that no matter what it is, I can tell her anything and she won’t judge me. She always listens to what I really have to say and empathizes with me in a way that lets me know how much she truly loves and understands me. She is the most amazing woman and she doesn’t even know it. I don’t know what I would’ve done without her throughout all the planning and preparation for the day.

That is one of my favorite songs!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::wave:

“May you always need one another, not so much to fill the emptiness as to help each other know your fullness. May you succeed in all the important ways with each other, and not fail in the little graces. Find things to praise, often say, “I love you” and take no notice of small faults. May you have happiness, and may you find it in making one another happy. May you have love, and my you find it in loving one another."

"Holly and Brett, may your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitement that a marriage should bring. And may life grant you patience, tolerance and understanding."

03HPBHW-243_edit.jpg

"Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth."

"Holly and Brett, you have pledged your lives and souls to one another in our presence; therefore by the authority vested in me by the State of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife. What God has joined together let no one put asunder."

03HPBHW-246.jpg

“Brett, you may kiss your beautiful bride.”

03HPBHW-247.jpg

“Ladies and Gentlemen, with the greatest of pleasure I present to you for the first time as husband and wife... Mr. and Mrs. Hollybelle!!!”

03HPBHW-252_edit2.jpg

Our recessional song was “Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride.” It was perfectly upbeat and sounded great on the violin. Not only that… hello, let’s not forget where we were!

03HPBHW-256_edit.jpg

I am totally with you on the cake thing, who ever thought smashing cake in each others face, was either high or totally drunk!!! no thank you very much, we didn't do that either!!! hehehe :ROFLOL:
Alrighty then… time for cake!!! My second meal of the day for anyone keeping a tally. :lol:

03HPBHW-275.jpg

03HPBHW-276.jpg

03HPBHW-284_edit3.jpg

Honestly, I knew with 100% certainty that Brett and I neither one would smash the cake in the other ones face. You know all those pictures you see of kids with food all over their faces? And people are always commenting on how adorable it is? Well, I don’t care what other people say… it is so not cute. Like, not at all. :ROFLOL: Just thinking about pictures like that makes me shudder. Brett shares this pet peeve of mine so we were definitely on the same page with regards to feeding one another cake. Clean and simple, people, let’s keep it classy!

03HPBHW-289_edit.jpg

03HPBHW-294.jpg

You got me, I do that all the time... hehehe..sorry I promise I did start from the beginning today and still reading through it. I love it all, you had me in tears more than once already. Thank you again for sharing your day with all of us here. I am enjoying this so much :>) Congrats again. You both make a perfect couple for sure!!! Your whole family is very sweet!!! :>)

Thank you for the well wishes! You know, a Disney wedding isn't as unreasonable as some may think... maybe you'll be writing up your own wedding trip report one day!

Lucille! :eek: :D Are you one of those people who flips to the back of the book and reads the last chapter first?! Kidding, kidding! I'm just glad you kept checking back in, seeing as how it took me so long to get started. Thank you so much for all the well wishes and kind words.

:ROFLOL:

Thanks so much! There's more than enough room for all of us "big kids" in the character lines. Hmm... my # 1 might be Slim, or maybe George P. Sanderson, or Gypsy!!! I'm so excited I can't pick just one!

You know, I was wondering if someone was going to comment on Brett's Haunted Mansion story, because to me that was the most hilarious thing that could've happened to him that morning! :lol:

Aww, Shelley... you're going to make me cry again! You are so right in that Lani will always be with me. And as your pseudo-sister, let me just say that I cannot wait for your wedding. :D

You're right, it was email only. I expect that meeting him ahead of time will make a huge difference. Kevin was extremely friendly (after I got over the shock of him asking if we'd discussed a ceremony option :lol:), delivered the ceremony perfectly, and he ain't too bad on the eyes (as we've already discussed!). His wife did respond to a couple of my emails, but in my opinion, it doesn't matter who handles the email transaction... when it's his professional email address, he's responsible for the email content. I remember when I emailed that I wanted him to wear a suit, she responded and said something like "Kevin will be delighted to hear that, as it's much cooler than robes and it's already quite hot here in March." Maybe I shouldn't have taken that as a confirmation, but I did.

Back to the ceremony... I'm with you and would absolutely be mortified with quips such as those. Kevin was excellent in this respect. I don't think you'll have any issues with him veering off course! I would still definitely recommend him, but I would just make sure you confirm everything a couple days out. And be prepared for him to dip out right away; that seems to be a consistent theme from a lot of the reviews on him. Different things are important to different people and this didn't bother me in the slightest.

Michelle, the violinist, was great. I didn't spend much time with her, but Brett did and he loved her instantly. She stood up at the Pointe and talked with him the whole time he was facing the castle waiting on me. I think she really stepped in and helped with any nerves he may have had. While we were standing around eating cake she took some requests and interactions with her were never awkward. Being at the Wedding Pavilion, you will also get an organist, correct?! That's going to sound soooooo good!

Did you decide on hair/makeup? If not, I'd obviously recommend Beaute Speciale. Your comment about why we trust Disney made me think of them. Disney trusts those ladies and that is very telling.

Your wedding is just around the corner, my friend! Have fun at Star Wars Weekend... I'll be looking forward to that report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom