2008 Packages are NOW available!!!

CBOMB

I think Disney went a little bit overboard on these increases. I really don't see how anyone could see this as an improvement, other than maybe it will slow down the number of people participating in the DDP. You might even be able to get an ADR in less than six months in advance. I didn't think the DDP was a good deal before unless you were a very big eater, with the tip no longer included I think it is even a less bargain. I do not see the guest benefitting from these changes at all! Way to go Disney major profits of over 20% followed by major price increases. Thanks for sharing the magic for the second year of Year of a Million Dreams Again.

kennyj29

I have never had bad service at Disney. I don't think by giving a gratuity will change anything. There is no silver lining to me with the gratuity problem. I would rather the prices went up 5.00 then to leave the gratuity out. I can deal with no appetizer and I can deal with a cheaper snack but that gratuity thing kills me. I like to know everything and I mean EVERYTHING is included when I have the meal plan. This really annoys the heck out of me!

tnd28

Tips

Do you think that you will be able to charge your tips back to your room instead of carrying around cash all of the time? :veryconfu

TestTrack

I think Disney went a little bit overboard on these increases. I really don't see how anyone could see this as an improvement, other than maybe it will slow down the number of people participating in the DDP. You might even be able to get an ADR in less than six months in advance. I didn't think the DDP was a good deal before unless you were a very big eater, with the tip no longer included I think it is even a less bargain. I do not see the guest benefitting from these changes at all! Way to go Disney major profits of over 20% followed by major price increases. Thanks for sharing the magic for the second year of Year of a Million Dreams Again.

Can you imagine what the parks would be like if Disney had tickets be say.....$20? They would be overrun with people 24/7 and no one would like that very much.

It's supply and demand. They are selling a product that is in high demand. Prices go up when that happens. They continue to until demand falls.

CBOMB

Can you imagine what the parks would be like if Disney had tickets be say.....$20? They would be overrun with people 24/7 and no one would like that very much.

It's supply and demand. They are selling a product that is in high demand. Prices go up when that happens. They continue to until demand falls.
Yes. I do understand the law of supply, and demand. Do you really think your $20 was a fair comparison, on a ticket that is now over $70? By a reduction across the board that exaggerated I could afford to live at the GF and eat high on the hog the rest of my life comfortably at WDW on my retirement check.
I never said make WDW cheap, I just think these price increases are extremely high, that's all. Now we will have to see if the demand is still high I guess. By the way all corporations love to justify hugh price increases with the phrase high demand. That's just because they don't want to say because of our high amount of greed (I don't think I need to give an example). I don't mind WDW giving me a high price increase as long as they match it with a high degree of improvement in their product.

wvdisneyfamily

We agree on the happy medium cause Disney needs to make money. We just don't agree on where the happy medium is :lol:

I think 18% increase in the Dinning Plan plus the other increases in prices, takes too much out of tourist pockets.

I would love an 18% raise in my salary every year

Three words: maximizing shareholder wealth

:shrug:

Well said! :sohappy:

RiversideBunny

So what days of the week are going to cost more in 2008?

Will it be better say to arrive on a Saturday, or a Sunday, or a Monday for a week's trip?

Tks.
:)

wannabeBelle

Yeah, I think we will be 2nd guessing the DDP. Now with the deluxe dining plan that includes 3 meals a day and they can all be TS?

Correct statement. The guest will have the choice between the table service meal or a counter service meal, the credit will work for either one. Belle

wannabeBelle

Do you think that you will be able to charge your tips back to your room instead of carrying around cash all of the time? :veryconfu

Absolutely!!!! If you give your credit card at check in to establish a room charge for your resort keys, you can definitely charge the tip right back onto your room charge!!! Just as a reminder, you may pay any charges incurred prior to check out so that they wont go on your credt card statement if you dont want that to happen!! Belle

TestTrack

Yes. I do understand the law of supply, and demand. Do you really think your $20 was a fair comparison, on a ticket that is now over $70? By a reduction across the board that exaggerated I could afford to live at the GF and eat high on the hog the rest of my life comfortably at WDW on my retirement check.
I never said make WDW cheap, I just think these price increases are extremely high, that's all. Now we will have to see if the demand is still high I guess. By the way all corporations love to justify hugh price increases with the phrase high demand. That's just because they don't want to say because of our high amount of greed (I don't think I need to give an example). I don't mind WDW giving me a high price increase as long as they match it with a high degree of improvement in their product.

Yes obviously my example was highly exaggerated to illustrate a point. However, it still stands that one much keep up with the demand or it will get out of control. If they cut prices by 5% this year then demand would go up farther next year and even more out of control.

All consumers have to do is say "That price is too high" by not going and then prices will stabilize/reduce...however, I don't see that happening in the near future. Vacations are where many people will always splurge.

wvdisneyfamily

To any of the Kingdom Konsultants:
Is there any way to get a better rate/discount than what AAA offers if you have to travel in the summer? We are specifically looking at June. Thanks!:wave:

Computer Magic

Yeah, I think we will be 2nd guessing the DDP. Now with the deluxe dining plan that includes 3 meals a day and they can all be TS?
that thought has crossed my mind and I'm sure Disney is hoping more will transform to the Dexluxe Dining Plan. The plan is $30 more. I'll have to do the math when it comes time to see how it works. I will say that is a lot of food. Even if we did one Signature and one TS per day and skip Breakfast, that is a lot of food. We do enjoy the Signature places such as Yachtman Steakhouse, Brown Derby, Artist Point, etc.

I don't think using a Counter Service will pay off on that plan.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm sooo excited I just got my reservations set..Now I have to wait to get the AAA Discount since I they said the sept discount wasn't up yet.

pinkrose

To any of the Kingdom Konsultants:
Is there any way to get a better rate/discount than what AAA offers if you have to travel in the summer? We are specifically looking at June. Thanks!:wave:

While they aren't guaranteed to be released, Disney does release many discounts during the year. :wave:

Rob562

So what days of the week are going to cost more in 2008?

Will it be better say to arrive on a Saturday, or a Sunday, or a Monday for a week's trip?

Tks.
:)

Friday and Saturday nights are more expensive than Sunday-Thursday. So the cheapest 7-day/6-night trip would start on either a Saturday or a Sunday so that you only have one higher-priced hotel night.

-Rob

sbkline

Last time I checked, although the packages are available for booking, the actual room rates were not announced. Nor were the season dates available, as in when each season begins and ends. However, Pinkrose was kind enough to email me a quote and book my stay for me, and I took the total price she gave me and subtracted off the price of two adult one day tickets and two regular dining plans for 8 nights. The remaining balance I then divided between 8 nights and came up with about $189 a night for Port Orleans Riverside from April 13-21.

Not bad, really. That's about what I paid this year and I had expected prices to jump up a little. Seems like they stayed pretty well the same. So I guess it's safe to say that the week I will be there falls in Regular Season. That's definitely good news. Hopefully with Easter coming earlier next year (March 23), the parks will be much less busy.

TestTrack

Last time I checked, although the packages are available for booking, the actual room rates were not announced. Nor were the season dates available, as in when each season begins and ends. However, Pinkrose was kind enough to email me a quote and book my stay for me, and I took the total price she gave me and subtracted off the price of two adult one day tickets and two regular dining plans for 8 nights. The remaining balance I then divided between 8 nights and came up with about $189 a night for Port Orleans Riverside from April 13-21.

Not bad, really. That's about what I paid this year and I had expected prices to jump up a little. Seems like they stayed pretty well the same. So I guess it's safe to say that the week I will be there falls in Regular Season. That's definitely good news. Hopefully with Easter coming earlier next year (March 23), the parks will be much less busy.

most of the new prices are quoted on disney's website

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom